Diablo 4 Would Kill Path of Exile

"
Phrazz wrote:
"
Aynix wrote:
Google "Blizzard Activision". You can clearly see "Owner: Tencent".

Yes, they own 5% - and are therefore owners, alongside a lot of other shareholder. But saying it as "they own ActiBlizz", might give an inaccurate picture of them holding the majority of shares, which is, nicely said; inaccurate.

While 5% doesn't give them as much potential control over the company, it still means that if you're worried about sending money to China, then buying Blizzard games also does that.
Obvious troll post results in 36 page thread....

------ Gamercop ------------------------------------- GD Forums
After reading this news:

Should Investors Worry About Tencent’s Stake in Activision Blizzard?

the only way Tencent would kill Path of Exile is if they made GGG add P2W mtx like the Garena PoE version has. However GGG could kill themselves if quality of play continues to deteriorate.
"You've got to grind, grind, grind at that grindstone..."
Necessity may be the mother of invention, but poor QoP in PoE is the father of frustration.

The perfect solution to fix Trade Chat:
www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2247070
poe will stay alive
Necropolis master craft service Necropolis My IGN TreeOfDead
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2037371 Vouch
Necropolis veiled crafting all service all crafts mods
Necropolis SC master craft service Necropolis SC craft mod!
Veiled crafting Service Necropolis craft PM: TreeOfDead
I second that.
Hi!
One thing I worry about is if Diablo 4 has good looking cosmetic models that are on the loot that drops in the game its over for POE to be honest that is unless they up there game on what loot looks like in game.

If you tell someone there are two games one game you pay for once full retail and you get great looking items in the game and one that is free to play but all items in the game look like dog unless you spend I and many others are going to pick the pay once to play every time instead of getting nickle and dimed paying 25 bucks a pop for a hat or a sword cosmetic.

I feel like the way the loot looks that can be achieved in game is something that could be kryptonite for POE.
"
Slaanesh69 wrote:
BAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA! HA!

All you big britches gangstas up in here talking about how you will never play another Blizzard game again because Do You Has Phones and all the rest.

I call bullshit in the first degree.

If they released a quality classic loot-based ARPG with D2-quality gear, modern graphics, expandable inventory and a bunch of other QoL features, with a great and dark demon-based story line with Blizzard cut scenes, you would all secretly throw your sorry wallets at them.

I know this. Because I feel the same as all of you now. But I know I would do the above in seconds.

I live waiting for the next great ARPG. You do to. Embrace it.

But they won't release something like that . They are so obsessed with identity politics , political correctness and all that stuff , that every game they release it's just a platform used to spread their ideology .
"
iuiulitza wrote:
They are so obsessed with identity politics , political correctness and all that stuff , that every game they release it's just a platform used to spread their ideology .

Have you got any examples of that in D3?
"You want it to be one way, but it's the other way"
"
cjmilla wrote:
One thing I worry about is if Diablo 4 has good looking cosmetic models that are on the loot that drops in the game its over for POE to be honest that is unless they up there game on what loot looks like in game.

If you tell someone there are two games one game you pay for once full retail and you get great looking items in the game and one that is free to play but all items in the game look like dog unless you spend I and many others are going to pick the pay once to play every time instead of getting nickle and dimed paying 25 bucks a pop for a hat or a sword cosmetic.

I feel like the way the loot looks that can be achieved in game is something that could be kryptonite for POE.

I agree, all my lvl 90+ characters look like complete dogshit compared to lvl 1 characters in Lioneyes watch that paid 30$ mtx per piece ... and there isnt a thing in the game i can do to look better xcept whip out the valet and pay Tencent their share.

Alot of people and i mean ALOT used to play games not only to get a more and more powerful character but a better looking one too...now you just whip out your valet and you can look like a GOD even though your character is actually trash and thats a big dealbreaker for me...i love this game been playin it for more than 8 years on and off but still i hate that part.
𝑺𝒕𝒊𝒍𝒍 𝒔𝒂𝒏𝒆 𝒆𝒙𝒊𝒍𝒆 ?
"
Hoolilol wrote:
Alot of people and i mean ALOT used to play games not only to get a more and more powerful character but a better looking one too...now you just whip out your valet and you can look like a GOD even though your character is actually trash and thats a big dealbreaker for me...i love this game been playing it for more than 8 years on and off but still i hate that part.

You, me, we can hate it all we want, but this is kind of "F2P 101". In a game, that solely rely on "you" buying MTX, there needs to be a certain encouragement to buy said MTX. People tend to forget it. There will ALWAYS be trade-offs in F2P games, at least in F2P games that haven't acquired a pool of millions of players.

That said, regular gear seems to look a lot better in PoE 2. But if in-game gear looks better than those $50+ characters you see in Lioneye's Watch, GGG have sort of failed when it comes to economy.
Sometimes, just sometimes, you should really consider adapting to the world, instead of demanding that the world adapts to you.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info