Path of Exile VS. Diablo lll

I won't polemicise, both are likely to be exceptionally fun games, however one will appeal more so to some players and likewise with the other. All the same, it does appear as though Diablo III is becoming streamlined at the expense of core aspects of the game that (also) may or may not appeal to player interests.
I'm kind of amazed that in all this discussion no one has even brought up story yet.

Diablo 3 is going to have an amazing and epic storyline,
while POE's will most likely be 'ok' for people who care enough at best.
''Stand amongst the ashes of a trillion dead souls and ask the ghosts if honor matters.
The silence is your answer.''

IGN: Vaeralyse
"
CoyoteCas wrote:
My opinion, Blizz will ruin Diablo 3, real money auction house? c'mon blizz u serious....

It's not Blizz ruining it.
The big blue B is nothing more than a cheap whore.
Activision is the one running that show these days.
Last edited by Thando on Mar 15, 2012, 5:28:55 AM
"
Axtrixis wrote:
Being a 6 year WoW player, the only thing WoW and D3 have in common graphic is maybe the color palate?

WoW graphics are way more cartoony than D3, but i'm not trying to say that D3 isn't, just WoW is more so.

There is also something to be said about "realism" in graphics.

These are Fantasy games, set in Fantasy worlds, whose to say that their trees look just like our trees?

It's all moot anyway.

Septermber 18, 2012, both D3 and PoE get wrecked by Borderlands 2.

Unless either D3 or PoE can claim 870 Billion weapons?

Although I enjoyed borderlands alot, and I think borderlands 2 will be great, the weapon thing is just a dumb hype builder.

They said practically the same thing about part 1, and most of the weapons were identical anyway except for the stats.
''Stand amongst the ashes of a trillion dead souls and ask the ghosts if honor matters.

"
VideoGeemer wrote:
"
Tagek wrote:
If calling me a fanboy makes you feel better then sure, go ahead, but that doesn't make your comments any less ignorant.

Why do you have to attack him like this?

He's saying that the GAMEPLAY in the D3 demo isn't as fun as in PoE. Not that "Oh, the game's so small, and you can't level up to whatever." No, just that the actual game mechanics aren't as fun/engaging/interesting. Let him have that opinion, man.

VG

No, the reason I 'attacked' him was because he was referring to diablo 3 as a whole game, rather than just the beta.

For example: If i said: 'POE has no content'.
That would be very ignorant, because I have only played the beta, so I CAN NOT know how much content the full game will have.

These kind of stupid statements just annoy me, that's all.

"
Thando wrote:
"
CoyoteCas wrote:
My opinion, Blizz will ruin Diablo 3, real money auction house? c'mon blizz u serious....

It's not Blizz ruining it.
The big blue B is nothing more than a cheap whore.
Activision is the one running that show these days.

Although activision sucks many dicks, I don't think they have THAT much to do with the real life auction house.

I think it's a good choice overall, because whether you like it or not, people will buy items anyway.
At least this way it's safe and can only be used in ways that blizzard allows you to use it in.

like some1 said before, having POE compared to d3 is already a tremendous anchievement by GGG team, enough said
"
pigsRflying wrote:
like some1 said before, having POE compared to d3 is already a tremendous anchievement by GGG team, enough said

Well to be fair that's only because it's in the same genre.
Although I do feel like this game will have it's own place and a solid community behind it.

We can compare it to Titan Quest if you want, which I think is better.

Better skill tree and skill overall, better items, more content.
The game only lacked randomization.
PoE forums ignore list script:
http://userscripts.org/scripts/show/162657

0.4: added "ignore" button. ignore list is now saved locally.
"
Tagek wrote:
"
pigsRflying wrote:

Well to be fair that's only because it's in the same genre.
Although I do feel like this game will have it's own place and a solid community behind it.

so!? im a d1 veteran and im having a blast with POE... reminds me how it took 6 months to master anarchy online (with pleasure) and how i canceled my WOW account after 3 weeks of gameplay right after lauch...

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info