Path of Exile VS. Diablo lll

path of exile all the way bra
"
Elynole wrote:
I have a D3 beta account, and can tell you. I have loads more fun playing POE, Diablo III needs about 2-3 more years of development to be even considered a 60 dollar game.

but do you really want to wait that long if you want a advancing game thats getting better in the next year get path of exile or swtor
"
Tagek wrote:
"
tronbie wrote:
a lot of the decisions behind the D3 skills comes from what they learned in D2. there was about one viable build per class. stat points were pointless (hah!) because everyone built them the same. they just took out the middle man.

that said, i have played D3 beta (and hoping to play the PoE beta), and i think it is fun. i will probably enjoy both of these games. when there's competition between these kinds of things, the players win in the end.

Well then you didn't know diablo 2 all that well. There were plenty of builds that worked per class.
That's what was fun about diablo 2 to me, there wasn't really such a thing as 'viable'. With the right items pretty much anything could be used.

Agreed. And if they were worried about all classes being the same, why not just go *further* will the skill tree idea?

But I don't think a skill tree is the only viable way to design things like this.
Invited to Beta 2012-03-18 / Supporter since 2012-04-08

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info