Path of Exile VS. Diablo lll

"
tronbie wrote:
a lot of the decisions behind the D3 skills comes from what they learned in D2. there was about one viable build per class. stat points were pointless (hah!) because everyone built them the same. they just took out the middle man.

that said, i have played D3 beta (and hoping to play the PoE beta), and i think it is fun. i will probably enjoy both of these games. when there's competition between these kinds of things, the players win in the end.

Well then you didn't know diablo 2 all that well. There were plenty of builds that worked per class.
That's what was fun about diablo 2 to me, there wasn't really such a thing as 'viable'. With the right items pretty much anything could be used.
''Stand amongst the ashes of a trillion dead souls and ask the ghosts if honor matters.
The silence is your answer.''

IGN: Vaeralyse
if you like spamming 1-2 skills non stop as only the gameplay then go PoE, which is D2 ever was but with less viable build.

D3 is something different they tried to make every skills combination works hence there is no skill build commitment.

actually its really depend on people's preference.

"
willychung wrote:
if you like spamming 1-2 skills non stop as only the gameplay then go PoE, which is D2 ever was but with less viable build.

D3 is something different they tried to make every skills combination works hence there is no skill build commitment.

Interesting take on POE I hadn't heard this before..
why is everybody comparing at all...? (and then flaming you tube videos -.-)

there is no better or worse:
test a game, decide whether it suits your needs and then take it or leave it - it's as simple as that.
i don't understand what's the point in judging that d3 is better/worse than poe? what's the gain of making that judgment if it's only based on a personal opinion?

i would not even compare diablo 2 with diablo 3.
they are two different games, each of them probably quite good (personal opinion, beware!) --- they only share (for some arbitrary reason) the same title.

in the end, everything comes down to personal taste ;)
"
willychung wrote:

I may not be interpreting you right, but if you mean that early skills are viable 'til the end game, it's mostly true. Later on they are more effective when combined with curses, and support skills, but when using skills like ground slam, heavy strike, and dual strike you may find they are useful from when you get them on throughout.

It's hard to judge how things will change though, as the number of skills is about to take a HUGE jump, which means skill balance may shift a great deal. Not to mention the length of each difficulty is about to increase.
"I would have listened... I would have understood!" - Scion

Have you removed Asus ROG/GameFirst yet?
Last edited by MaxTheLimit on Mar 16, 2012, 3:21:57 PM
What about Grimdawn?

for me it's going d3,poe, gd
"
brallenton wrote:
What about Grimdawn?

for me it's going d3,poe, gd

Here you go
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XYI2DMPWpWg&feature=youtu.be&hd=1

Looks great. Now wee will start making GrimDawn vs PoE vs TL2 vs D3 vs Lineage Eternal vs hmmm, nothing more?
I've been watching Grim Dawn. I don't mind the art style, and animations, but I'm not liking the combat and UI as much. I also find the visual effects a bit...distracting. Might be just from the videos though. Probably not as much an issue in game.
"I would have listened... I would have understood!" - Scion

Have you removed Asus ROG/GameFirst yet?
D2 was the best game for me for many years. I don't think I'll enjoy d3 as much, it just feels a bit childish compared to d2's pure epicness and VIBE.

also Lineage 3 looks promising.
This looks like a great option instead of Diablo, while I have not played the beta of any, for now I can say that:

Diablo now requires online connection, then is the $60 price, then it seems here we have more flexibility on creating our chatracter, BTW great job on the Passive skill tree, the art, looks great.

That comes to my mind for now, and I do really like original diablo a lot, but I still don't know about Diablo 3 , lots of hype that's for sure.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info