Path of Exile VS. Diablo lll

Hey everyone, a co-worker of mine told me about PoE today since he knew I tried the D3 beta. I'de love to try the beta and see for myself what it's like. But in the meanwhile, i'de like to hear what people have to say about the comparison between both games!
Go to the general tab and front page will be" why d3 is a waste of your time" Most people who post here is because we are not in game yet.
I have a D3 beta account, and can tell you. I have loads more fun playing POE, Diablo III needs about 2-3 more years of development to be even considered a 60 dollar game.
"
Elynole wrote:
I have a D3 beta account, and can tell you. I have loads more fun playing POE, Diablo III needs about 2-3 more years of development to be even considered a 60 dollar game.

Seriously, this community seems more ignorant than anything I've ever seen. You've played a SMALL PORTION of the first act of a 4-5 acts long game and have been playing with characters not even 25% of the maximum level.

How can you compare the games based on that when POE allows you access to roughly 50% of the total game's areas and max level characters and items. I seriously can't even comprehend the stupidity and ignorance of your post.
''Stand amongst the ashes of a trillion dead souls and ask the ghosts if honor matters.
The silence is your answer.''

IGN: Vaeralyse
"
Tagek wrote:
"
Elynole wrote:

Seriously, this community seems more ignorant than anything I've ever seen. You've played a SMALL PORTION of the first act of a 4-5 acts long game and have been playing with characters not even 25% of the maximum level.

How can you compare the games based on that when POE allows you access to roughly 50% of the total game's areas and max level characters and items. I seriously can't even comprehend the stupidity and ignorance of your post.

Because, it's honestly a dubbed down version of Diablo II. If you knew anything regarding game design you'd understand that making a fun game is simply finding something that entertains someone, and repeating that process throughout the game over and over again IE Grinding, questing, lore, etc.

Diablo III isn't fun, it's boring. The only reason I'd even consider D3 is because of the real money auction house.
It's a beta... All I want to know is the general comparison because poe looks really cool, specially for something i just found out today.
Piss.
"
Puubweever wrote:
It's a beta... All I want to know is the general comparison because poe looks really cool, specially for something i just found out today.
Piss.

Actually, POE and Diablo III is a really bad comparison. Diablo III is more like Galaga, where POE is more like EVE Online...

If you want something that you can just pick up and play for an hour or two at a time, go with Diablo III, it can probably hold your attention for that long.

If you prefer something that you have to sit down and calculate, trade, and overall simulation style. Then POE is your game.

I guess it's just two different player appeals.
"
Elynole wrote:
"
Puubweever wrote:
Piss.

Actually, POE and Diablo III is a really bad comparison. Diablo III is more like Galaga, where POE is more like EVE Online...

If you want something that you can just pick up and play for an hour or two at a time, go with Diablo III, it can probably hold your attention for that long.

If you prefer something that you have to sit down and calculate, trade, and overall simulation style. Then POE is your game.

Again with the ignorance. You've played about 5% of the entire game and you talk as if you've completed it ten times over. If you actually want to sound intelligent, say something like ''the beta wasn't fun for me'' instead of talking about the game as a whole.
''Stand amongst the ashes of a trillion dead souls and ask the ghosts if honor matters.

"
Tagek wrote:
"
Elynole wrote:
"
Puubweever wrote:
Piss.

Again with the ignorance. You've played about 5% of the entire game and you talk as if you've completed it ten times over. If you actually want to sound intelligent, say something like ''the beta wasn't fun for me'' instead of talking about the game as a whole.

The only one that sounds unintelligent is yourself with the blatant personal attacks. Grow up fanboy.
If calling me a fanboy makes you feel better then sure, go ahead, but that doesn't make your comments any less ignorant.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info