Path of Exile VS. Diablo lll

Never play Diablo game before. For me

Pros of POE-
Atmosphere is good. No invisible lighting in caves. Makes it feel like a actual cave. Wraeclast does feel very ominous
Textures
Combat very good
Item always matter because of currency. Normal can be Rare. Magic can be Rare. Magic can turn back to normal etc.
Good writing and story
Good boss design like Brutus hands because he was trying to escape
Flask system very nice

Cons of POE-
Stupid reliance on sockets
no replayability because no content
Sadly game will be destoryed if not open beta before D3 come out

Sorry bad english
What if D3 isn't as successful as expected, and PoE comes out long enough after D3 that the Diablo hype has died down a bit?
Invited to Beta 2012-03-18 / Supporter since 2012-04-08
I must say it has been a long 15 years I have waited for D3, the constant pushback of the actual release directed my gaming addiction to take a look at PoE..

After watching the 30 minute interview with Chris Wilson and TGN I am not even sure that I care to entertain the thought of D3 anymore. The progressive currency system and Pvp heavy developement, Skill trees, potion mods and various other ideas that I would have never thought about make D3 seem very lacking at the moment. I look forward to open beta assuming I do not get a key prior.
Can't agree more.

"
mhudson wrote:
I must say it has been a long 15 years I have waited for D3, the constant pushback of the actual release directed my gaming addiction to take a look at PoE..

After watching the 30 minute interview with Chris Wilson and TGN I am not even sure that I care to entertain the thought of D3 anymore. The progressive currency system and Pvp heavy developement, Skill trees, potion mods and various other ideas that I would have never thought about make D3 seem very lacking at the moment. I look forward to open beta assuming I do not get a key prior.
My opinion, Blizz will ruin Diablo 3, real money auction house? c'mon blizz u serious....

compared PoE looks just awesome and the skilltrees want me to play this game even more :D
What I meant was, instead of spelling doom and gloom for this game because of D3, why don't we go and tell all the disgruntled D3 people about this game? People are telling them about Torchlight and Grim Dawn, so why not this one?
Invited to Beta 2012-03-18 / Supporter since 2012-04-08
D3 is probably using a RL auction house because in D2 players sold virtual goods on ebay and made a ton of money.
If D3 happens to suck, I'll play Torchlight 2 and Guild Wars 2 later.

But I don't think D3 will suck, and no one provided a good argument here explaining why D3 really suck...

As for doing some advertising for PoE, sure, why not. I hope it won't bring people like flybutterfly though...

Fanboys (PoE or D3) is a pain to deal with...
PoE forums ignore list script:
http://userscripts.org/scripts/show/162657

0.4: added "ignore" button. ignore list is now saved locally.
Only problem with Diablo 3 is they are taking so much of the Main game out of it and simplifying it
I agree it doesn't really look like D2 because of the lack of skill tree and stats.
But I think the game will have a much stronger PvP community because of that.
It will be a lot easier to play PvP because you won't have to reroll a character. You'll still have to farm equipment, but in the end, the player's skill will be the winning factor IMO.
PoE forums ignore list script:
http://userscripts.org/scripts/show/162657

0.4: added "ignore" button. ignore list is now saved locally.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info