Path of Exile VS. Diablo lll

"
kodr wrote:
"
Ragnar119 wrote:

That's a mistake that you did. You need to search for any type of item, normal (white) or good blue,it will increase your chance to find best item posible and with orbs you can make them really good. I did it personally a lot of times.

lol, it's not MY mistake if items look boring :D
come on... who is exciting when finding a white item...
you said it yourself below, you have to craft your items from white because all the blues are mostly garbage if they don't have the right sockets, that's what I pointed out.

I didn't say blue are crap, i just didn't mention them. I said white, but its same for blue.

Is this a bad item?

Unavailable

When it dropped it was a blue with 145% increse dmg. I just created it in yellow one to add one more mod. You must search blue, white, yellow items that you need, because all of them are possible to be great ones.

"
kodr wrote:

I prefer the freedom Diablo 3 provides, where you can swap your skills whenever you want, based on the situation.

It's not a problem in PoE because enemies are pretty predictable right now (melee or ranged) except for a few.

Hey, you like that type of freedom, i don't =). Agree about monsters, but I hope that will change, at least they say it will improve.
Some items in this post are currently unavailable.
RPG where always around constructing and developing your character... in D3 your character is just a generic character, all the level 60 barbarians are just strictly the same.
oh of course you can use diferent skills but you have everything in common, with the same stats... yeah you have stuff to differenciate yourself from others, but is it enough?
is it enough to "love" your character?
you can go to your neighbours home and play his barbarian, swap it's skill and, in a matter of seconds, you have your barbarian, with a different stuff... even your character name may not be unique with their system...

you may prefer to have some FPS premade toons, i'm sure, i don't...

for me the only thing wich can save D3 (for me uniquely for me, i hope you'll understand that), wi'll be an absolutely perfect gameplay from begining to hell...

... nothing
"
__Z__ wrote:
RPG where always around constructing and developing your character... in D3 your character is just a generic character, all the level 60 barbarians are just strictly the same.
oh of course you can use diferent skills but you have everything in common, with the same stats... yeah you have stuff to differenciate yourself from others, but is it enough?
is it enough to "love" your character?
you can go to your neighbours home and play his barbarian, swap it's skill and, in a matter of seconds, you have your barbarian, with a different stuff... even your character name may not be unique with their system...

you may prefer to have some FPS premade toons, i'm sure, i don't...

for me the only thing wich can save D3 (for me uniquely for me, i hope you'll understand that), wi'll be an absolutely perfect gameplay from begining to hell...

Yeah some great points. I think the only thing really attracting me to D3 right now is the idea of hard core mode. The only other thing that makes me know I will pick the game up is my gamer friends that will be playing. Anytime a solid co-op game comes along we are pretty sure to pick it up.
yep, I guess they dropped the "RPG" to concentrate more on the "action".

To me, D3 feels more like League of Legends, especially after seeing PvP. The way you can try the skills and the amount of choices allows you to play against different builds.

Saying that all level 60 barb will look the same is a big mistake IMO. They will have to choose their equipments based on their skills, pretty much like PoE.
A crit barb won't have the same equipment than a thorn barb. You can't say the same in PoE, since you're pretty much stuck by the choice you made with your stats. A witch won't be able to wear heavy armor if you don't invest in Strength. And since it's easier for the witch to get int points, you will most likely end up with int armor with shield.

and we don't really know end-game equipments in D3, good luck saying stuff about it without knowing the game.

About premade toons, I played Guild Wars since release and I really enjoyed it. It doesn't matter if you can respec your skills, what matters is the player's skill and I like it. D3 is heading toward that. If you suck at the game, it's not because your equipments suck, it's because you suck and you made some wrong choices. But you can fix that with your current character by learning the game and the gameplay of each skills, and find new combo.

Diablo 3 and Guild Wars share the same idea, and it's a good thing. Obviously, I will also buy Guild Wars 2.
PoE forums ignore list script:
http://userscripts.org/scripts/show/162657

0.4: added "ignore" button. ignore list is now saved locally.
Last edited by kodr on Mar 14, 2012, 12:10:37 PM
I never playd the Beta but i must say i dont really like the graphics, it looks too WoW/Wc3ish. I mean i loved the WoW graphic when i first saw it but this was years ago, so many games copied the style and now it looks annoying somehow.
yep, I don't like either, one of the disappointing things about D3.
PoE forums ignore list script:
http://userscripts.org/scripts/show/162657

0.4: added "ignore" button. ignore list is now saved locally.
Being a 6 year WoW player, the only thing WoW and D3 have in common graphic is maybe the color palate?

WoW graphics are way more cartoony than D3, but i'm not trying to say that D3 isn't, just WoW is more so.

There is also something to be said about "realism" in graphics.

These are Fantasy games, set in Fantasy worlds, whose to say that their trees look just like our trees?

It's all moot anyway.

Septermber 18, 2012, both D3 and PoE get wrecked by Borderlands 2.

Unless either D3 or PoE can claim 870 Billion weapons?
yea, to me diablo is about the dark/realistic gothic approach not the Wow-style cartoony stuff.
"
Tagek wrote:
If calling me a fanboy makes you feel better then sure, go ahead, but that doesn't make your comments any less ignorant.

Why do you have to attack him like this?

He's saying that the GAMEPLAY in the D3 demo isn't as fun as in PoE. Not that "Oh, the game's so small, and you can't level up to whatever." No, just that the actual game mechanics aren't as fun/engaging/interesting. Let him have that opinion, man.

VG
Invited to Beta 2012-03-18 / Supporter since 2012-04-08
"
Axtrixis wrote:
Being a 6 year WoW player, the only thing WoW and D3 have in common graphic is maybe the color palate?

WoW graphics are way more cartoony than D3, but i'm not trying to say that D3 isn't, just WoW is more so.

True, but the oversaturated clouds of color in the dungeons still present a different atmosphere. There's a mod video that shows a drastic increase in dark atmosphere from a relatively minor change in saturation and sharpness.

http://technabob.com/blog/2011/11/24/diablo-iii-graphics-mod/

This flies in the face of Acti-Bliz saying how you wouldn't be able to see the enemies if the colors weren't so saturated. Personally, I think the color issue is a minor one, though I agree that the darker atmosphere is better.

"
There is also something to be said about "realism" in graphics.

These are Fantasy games, set in Fantasy worlds, whose to say that their trees look just like our trees?

Indeed, this is my problem with the look of Grim Dawn. PoE immediately grabbed my attention for having what seems to be a perfect balance between realism and fantasy.

"
It's all moot anyway.

Septermber 18, 2012, both D3 and PoE get wrecked by Borderlands 2.

Unless either D3 or PoE can claim 870 Billion weapons?

Personally, I don't care if a game has 3 million weapons. I care if the game is *GOOD*. If D3 is like the videos suggest (KILLSTUFFKILLSTUFFKILLSTUFFNOCHALLENGE) then I'm not going to care. If it's better than that, well then cool, but it still doesn't look as cool overall as PoE to me, and Activision is really screwing up the handling of the public opinion, and the always-online DRM for a single-player game isn't helping.

At least with PoE we know upfront that it's an online game.

VG
Invited to Beta 2012-03-18 / Supporter since 2012-04-08
Last edited by VideoGeemer on Mar 14, 2012, 3:50:16 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info