Path of Exile VS. Diablo lll

I wonder what the impact of that release will be on the release of PoE ?

Its a win-win situation for players this year with 2 great games coming online :D
"
DSRGames wrote:

Its a win-win situation for players this year with 2 great games coming online :D

more than 2 :)

2012 is going to be huge for gamers :P

Diablo 3
Path of Exile
Borderlands 2
Torchlight 2
Guildwars 2

This isn't counting the annual releases of the FPS games that sell billions of dollars worth of games, or sports franchise games either. :P
"
DSRGames wrote:

There is no impact, because this is a F2P game. They don't have to worry when to release the game.
double post, weird
''Stand amongst the ashes of a trillion dead souls and ask the ghosts if honor matters.
The silence is your answer.''

IGN: Vaeralyse
Last edited by Tagek on Mar 15, 2012, 9:38:03 AM
"
Ragnar119 wrote:
"
DSRGames wrote:

There is no impact, because this is a F2P game. They don't have to worry when to release the game.

That's not entirely true.
If it comes out say, may 16th, barely anyone will be playing it for some time.
''Stand amongst the ashes of a trillion dead souls and ask the ghosts if honor matters.

Last edited by Tagek on Mar 15, 2012, 9:38:20 AM
I forgot about TL2 :D

Yeah.. Sunlight, I hardly knew ye... :D
"
Tagek wrote:
"
Ragnar119 wrote:
"
DSRGames wrote:

If it comes out say, may 16th, barely anyone will be playing it for some time.

Incorrect, there will be a drop of numbers, but saying barely anyone gona play it is wrong, becouse this is a F2P game, and when it goes open beta, a ton of players will come to play it. A lot of them dont have money to pay 60$ for d3.
Last edited by Ragnar119 on Mar 15, 2012, 9:41:56 AM

If it comes out say, may 16th, barely anyone will be playing it for some time.[/quote]

Incorrect, there will be a drop of numbers, but saying barely anyone gona play it is wrong, becouse this is a F2P game, and when it goes open beta, a ton of players will come to play it. A lot of them dont have money to pay 60$ for d3.[/quote]

Well it will have a very huge impact on this game, as anyone who has money, which is the majority, will be played diablo 3 (unless you're a stuck up fanboy, ofcourse).

"
Tagek wrote:

Well it will have a very huge impact on this game, as anyone who has money, which is the majority, will be played diablo 3 (unless you're a stuck up fanboy, ofcourse).

The mechanic of income for PoE is different than D3. D3 you buy once, and don't pay anything else. PoE uses microtransactions, they don't get big income at once like other games on release,but the income is slow and continuous, as more content is added. D3 release can't hurt a lot PoE, like it can hurt TL2.
I will play PoE after D3 launch, probably even on the same day. :)

PoE is 'my game', my wife enjoys it, but not as much as she'll probably like D3.

D3 will be 'our game'
PoE will remain 'my game'

all is right in the world

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info