Path of Exile VS. Diablo lll

"
Tagek wrote:
"
ruce wrote:
Blizzard after being bought by activion turned into a family game entertaining company.
Since then all i see is games for the masses.

Very untrue. Starcraft 2 is very recent and it's super unforgiving to newbies.
Are you kidding the game where the best players in the world can barely keep a 60% winrate over 3rd rate competition because of how much of a rock paper scissor game it is with a low skill cap that most pros have hit on under a year. Sc2 is an insult to BroodWar and probably won't survive another year in the pro scene, the ratings have dropped drastically and many sponsors are pulling out of Korea already.
Last edited by DenialS on Mar 15, 2012, 11:14:14 AM
"
"
Tagek wrote:
"
ruce wrote:
Blizzard after being bought by activion turned into a family game entertaining company.

Very untrue. Starcraft 2 is very recent and it's super unforgiving to newbies.
Are you kidding the game where the best players in the world can barely keep a 60% winrate over 3rd rate competition because of how much of a rock paper scissor game it is with a low skill cap that most pros have hit on under a year. Sc2 is an insult to BroodWar and probably won't survive another year in the pro scene, the ratings have dropped drastically and many sponsors are pulling out of Korea already.

Starcraft has always been a game of rock paper scissors, any RTS is. Apparently you have some sort of gripe with the base principle of the genre, but this has nothing to do with any particular game.

Also, tell me what in particular is so low skill about starcraft 2?
''Stand amongst the ashes of a trillion dead souls and ask the ghosts if honor matters.
The silence is your answer.''

IGN: Vaeralyse
"
Tagek wrote:
"
"
ruce wrote:

It happened long before then, would say it happened more around the first time Vivendi threaten to sell Blizzard off in 2002, then Blizzard North quit and a large group of other important employees that were there from the start. Since then they have yet to release one game that was a finished product on release day, always needed emergency patching just to make it playable

Which games are you referring to then?

Warcraft 3 TFT released it was half finished the balance was completely out of wack some patches helped but Undead was still a nonviable race to the point of seeing less than 5% representation of players in the pro scene after a short while.

WoW at release was riddled with bugs and servers that could support it, the first 2 months were near unplayable, due to server crashing and rerolling everyone back and hour or so, to walking and your character suddenly falling through the ground and getting stuck being forced to wait for hours to get a response from a gm to reset you. Invisible mobs killing you while you couldn't do anything.

TBC a much stronger release than original wow was still plagued with bugs and unfinished whole areas of the world were blocked off because the game was rushed to make a dead line

woltk don't even think I need to explain this one, I'm sure everyone remember just how terrible it was

Cata some slight bugs, nothing compared to previous expansions it started off half decent, in fact it was the emergency patches that broke the game

Sc2 a noob friendly Command and Conquer sequel with terrible balance and design with a skill cap so low that games came down to who could 1a better.

Prior to that you have War3, a shockingly good RTS considering most never expected it to be

Diablo 2 LOD a solid expansion to arguable the best ARPG ever made

Diablo 2 Arguable the best ARPG ever made

BroodWar The game that created E-Sports, the most balanced and skill demanding RTS ever made, still played by millions and game that everyone making an E-Sport game dreams of beating.

Starcraft Looking back it started off a bit rocky, but for the time it was a gaming revolution and from beta to release, you couldn't even tell it was the same game, every tiny bit of feedback was truly felt went this game was release.

Diablo ground breaking ARPG that set the standards for years to come, who could ever forget the terror of waking in on the Butcher for the very first time

and of course a dozen other instant classics that we could go on about forever about how they shaped the gaming industry and the standards that we still put new games up against today
Basically what you are is someone that likes to hate on popular things.
Also, you are looking back at the old games so much that you don't realise how hard it is to make a new game while still maintaining a good balance.
All the genres blizzard makes games in have very hard to balance gameplay types, ofcourse they aren't going to be perfectly balanced on release, or ever for that matter.

Also, you claim unbalance, but for example diablo 2 was terribly unbalanced and still an amazing game.

Overall all I see you do is bash the games with no actual arguments behind your opinion.
''Stand amongst the ashes of a trillion dead souls and ask the ghosts if honor matters.
The silence is your answer.''

IGN: Vaeralyse
It always seems to be an "in" thing to hate upon what "the masses" (ugh ! Hate that term) seem to enjoy....

I have a feeling I'm a bit older than most of you on this board, so my perspective is "the more choice you have, the better"

Zork FTW !! :D
how old?
PoE forums ignore list script:
http://userscripts.org/scripts/show/162657

0.4: added "ignore" button. ignore list is now saved locally.
Old enough to not answer that question :D

Converted Zork to run on our mainframe (anyone still remember those ? :D)

Sometime later wrote an easy to use generator for Zork-like adventures...

It is dark. You have been eaten by a Grue :)
I started with this.
I'm old enough too I guess ^^;

Yeah, can't wait to try all those games, I'm just fed up with the misinformation here.
PoE forums ignore list script:
http://userscripts.org/scripts/show/162657

0.4: added "ignore" button. ignore list is now saved locally.
Way too many people dead set on some idea that they can only play one game and must hate every other game that isn't the one they picked.
Winner of the First Ever Cut-Throat Server Test, and Winner of the First Ever Cut-Throat League Event!
"
Tagek wrote:
Basically what you are is someone that likes to hate on popular things.
Also, you are looking back at the old games so much that you don't realise how hard it is to make a new game while still maintaining a good balance.
All the genres blizzard makes games in have very hard to balance gameplay types, ofcourse they aren't going to be perfectly balanced on release, or ever for that matter.

Also, you claim unbalance, but for example diablo 2 was terribly unbalanced and still an amazing game.

Overall all I see you do is bash the games with no actual arguments behind your opinion.

Seems like the only difference between his hate and your hate is that you are blaming Activision for it and he is saying it started before Activsion came into the picture both of your end results are the same.
Winner of the First Ever Cut-Throat Server Test, and Winner of the First Ever Cut-Throat League Event!

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info