[3.7] LL RF Scorching Ray Guardian | 19K ES | 52k Armour|1.5 mil dps| Uber Elder & HoGM DEATHLESS

what is the best auras to use while leveling? i keep getting murdered in act 6 im lvl 48 its quite frustrating and im close to quitting this build. pls help
"
conzy wrote:
So I got a block with determination/clarity watchers eye. Am I better off trying to sell it and get a regen vitality/clarity one?

Increased ES recovery discipline jewel is the new stuff ud go for that one together with belt thats 50% more regen. But try to get it fast befoe the same few people start price fixing it.

"
odinx360 wrote:
what is the best auras to use while leveling? i keep getting murdered in act 6 im lvl 48 its quite frustrating and im close to quitting this build. pls help

I do not recommend leveling this build from lvl 1. If you do so you do it on your own risk. For further details refer to Q1 and Q4 in my FAQ.

"
aGnosticc wrote:

You say that and a watcher's eye with clarity mod is min 19 ex in league and i dont think this build can keep up with other variants without it.

While i will admit that i really like your approach to LL RF, this variation seems extremely expensive and very awkward to gear.

No watchers eye required in the first place for this build 12k ES in league possible with 40-50k armour depending on jewels.

What is the expensive gear? My helm costed me 1 chaos, my shield 1 chaos, my sceptre costs 1 chaos, any 20% recovery belt does work, my gloves 1 chaos too. No mirror gloves, no legacy % ES enchant rings, no legacy helm, no legacy shield, no mirror scepter.

You can get starting as cheap as other LL RF SR builds i just dont recommend lvling with this build but rather respec. But do not expect 0 chaos budget build here.

"
Kaegyn wrote:
What is min level req for this build? I just hit 68 and purchased most all of the required items but still do not have enough mana with 2x healthy mind and watcher's eye. Do my gems all need to be 20?

What do you mean with not enough mana? Can you be more specific? My Personal recommendation is to respecc into this build in the mid 80's from there on i had zero troubles.
Last edited by zzang on Mar 15, 2018, 1:56:53 AM
"

I leveled this using scorching ray/flame totem/searing bond. It's not the easiest leveling experience ever, but it works. The trick is to take good life nodes near the tree (marauder starting zone, templar starting zone, and wheel of life, in particular) and then refund these points when you go low life. I went low-life at level 71 and started using RF at 75. I'm sitting at level 79 in BHC now.

For beginners, I'd recommend taking much more regen on the tree so that you don't have to rely on items as much.

I also might try a valyrium/dream fragments/cyclopean coil/death's door version of the build, which will have decreased stats but make it fully idiot-proof (immune to freeze, chill, shock, ignite, and bleed, and heavily resistant to stun).

Zzang, have you played around with cyclopean coil? Although you give up a huge amount of regen to use it since you can't get that sweet, sweet 20% increased energy shield recovery, 15% increased attributes is nothing to sneeze at (and synergizes extremely well with shaper's touch), and shock immunity is incredible for RF (you wouldn't have to turn it off for certain lightning bosses like the eradicator). I'm curious what your thoughts on this are.

Thanks!

Can you quickly explain how energy shield recovery rate works ?

I get more regen if i equip my 2.5% ES regen while Discipline. Does it depend on your amount of ES to really get it going ?

Cant find anything on the wiki ...
Hey asked this before got buried:

How do you guys manage the adds in elder phase right now?
Sitting at 11k ES and everything is easy except keeping shaper alive.
It's very frustrating.
Great build
Last edited by ken157 on Mar 15, 2018, 8:13:15 AM
"
searedmonkey wrote:
Hey asked this before got buried:

How do you guys manage the adds in elder phase right now?
Sitting at 11k ES and everything is easy except keeping shaper alive.
It's very frustrating.

That’s unusual, never had this problem using ll rf/sr in any variation. Link your char/gear so we can help you.
"I've played a lot of videogames. It's my primary recreational activity. Best games ever: Elden Ring and Diablo 4."
~Elon Musk, 2023
https://pastebin.com/supGw542

Any one have some advice for how to move forward with this build? My ES pool is low and my regen just barely is able to make it (with the help of Time of Need guardian keystone). I am having a hard time figuring out what I need to do to get myself to 10k+ ES and ~250+ regen while using RF.

Thanks !
hey, could any1 with more experience than me suggest a short lvling guide to this build? would love to lvl as rf to see the progression.
i saw te posts about lvling uniques wich will help a lot i think but some straight up guide /lvling tree to follow for smooth lvling would help a lot, what do go for when to respec out etc

would really apreciate it if some1 would take the time writing sth up
Last edited by doChl on Mar 15, 2018, 1:50:06 PM
"
aGnosticc wrote:
Can you quickly explain how energy shield recovery rate works ?

I get more regen if i equip my 2.5% ES regen while Discipline. Does it depend on your amount of ES to really get it going ?

Cant find anything on the wiki ...

Es recovery % is not displayed in character sheet ingame but in PoB therefore PoB is the better source to look at things. Recovery works as a base multiplier to your regen.

Added this frequently asked question to Q14 in my FAQ.

"

Zzang, have you played around with cyclopean coil? Although you give up a huge amount of regen to use it since you can't get that sweet, sweet 20% increased energy shield recovery, 15% increased attributes is nothing to sneeze at (and synergizes extremely well with shaper's touch), and shock immunity is incredible for RF (you wouldn't have to turn it off for certain lightning bosses like the eradicator). I'm curious what your thoughts on this are.

Thanks!

Cyclopean coil gives deifnately more ES but the % Recovery is irreplacable in my opinion. I never had trouble with eradictor even on t16 maps and i use a quicksilver that makes me immune to shock. Freeze Immune for this build only is important for uber elder any other enemy that can freeze this build should not be able to kill the build.

Last edited by zzang on Mar 15, 2018, 1:56:08 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info