[3.7] LL RF Scorching Ray Guardian | 19K ES | 52k Armour|1.5 mil dps| Uber Elder & HoGM DEATHLESS

Respecced yesterday, working really well so far though I still have a very very slight degen (9k max ES going down to 8.7k before guardian regen fixes it). Have all the regen stuff from FAQ Q3 other than the boot enchant, so hoping that should fix it soon

Got a question about armor and physical damage reduction though.
Currently have ~43k armor which shows in char screen 87% "estimated physical damage reduction". Standing still for a second brings it to the cap of 90% because of the Tukohama pantheon.

Is there any point to getting any more armor or physical damage reduction at this point or will it all be wasted because of the cap?
I'm mainly not sure if the char screen "estimated physical damage reduction" is accurate and I actually need more, for example if vs shaper this value would be actually lower than what char screen shows and then additional armor will have effect there since I'm not not at the cap vs shaper

I'm currently looking to buy a few jewels and wondering if increased armor on them would be a wasted stat or not.
Last edited by tesken on Mar 15, 2018, 1:35:54 PM
"
tesken wrote:
Respecced yesterday, working really well so far though I still have a very very slight degen (9k max ES going down to 8.7k before guardian regen fixes it). Have all the regen stuff from FAQ Q3 other than the boot enchant, so hoping that should fix it soon

Currently have ~43k armor which shows in char screen 87% "estimated physical damage reduction". Standing still for a second brings it to the cap of 90% because of the Tukohama pantheon.

Is there any point to getting any more armor or physical damage reduction at this point or will it all be wasted because of the cap?
I'm mainly not sure if the char screen "estimated physical damage reduction" is accurate and I actually need more, for example if vs shaper this value would be actually lower than what char screen shows and then additional armor will have effect there since I'm not not at the cap vs shaper

I'm currently looking to buy a few jewels and wondering if increased armor on them would be a wasted stat or not.

Just in case if you feel your regen is low respec 1-3 points from damage/jewel or ES nodes and put them into regeneration for the start.

Armour is not a static defense it scales downward with bigger hits you get. Meaning that slams will reduce your effective physical damage reduction of armour due to the high raw physical incoming damage. Here is the armour formular: https://pathofexile.gamepedia.com/Armour

That being said armour is great for trash mobs and 50k armour helps somewhat against the big slams (as you can see from the core malachai slam tank at double damage mods in my video section).

About jewels: i took the 18% armour on my jewels because im a kind of completionist i like round numbers 60k armour and 15k es or 17k ES and 50k i always try to hit round numbers thats absolutley no requirement for the build. But go for it if you can and have no other mods to replace it.
Last edited by zzang on Mar 15, 2018, 2:01:55 PM
"
zzang wrote:
"
tesken wrote:

Just in case if you feel your regen is low respec 1-3 points from damage/jewel or ES nodes and put them into regeneration for the start.

Armour is not a static defense it scales downward with bigger hits you get. Meaning that slams will reduce your effective physical damage reduction of armour due to the high raw physical incoming damage. Here is the armour formular: https://pathofexile.gamepedia.com/Armour

That being said armour is great for trash mobs and 50k armour helps somewhat against the big slams (as you can see from the core malachai slam tank at double damage mods in my video section).

About jewels: i took the 18% armour on my jewels because im a kind of completionist i like round numbers 60k armour and 15k es or 17k ES and 50k i always try to hit round numbers thats absolutley no requirement for the build. But go for it if you can and have no other mods to replace it.

Got it, thanks a lot for detailed response
read in a trickster guide i can just lvl with scorching ray and straight up follow the tree, would this apply to this build as well?
Why is the Uber Elder Skilltree linked to the PoE Page for Skilltrees a different one than the one in the Uber Elder Path of Building pastebin? (PoE Page Skilltree goes down further at start and PoB Skilltree extends further to the right)
"
EzioGideon wrote:
Why is the Uber Elder Skilltree linked to the PoE Page for Skilltrees a different one than the one in the Uber Elder Path of Building pastebin? (PoE Page Skilltree goes down further at start and PoB Skilltree extends further to the right)

This was a copy paste error, thank you for pointing it out. (The normal skill tree is such a unneccessary hustle cant link directly from profile). Corrected the error.

"
doChl wrote:
read in a trickster guide i can just lvl with scorching ray and straight up follow the tree, would this apply to this build as well?

I do not recommend it. Although there are people who pulled it off.
Last edited by zzang on Mar 15, 2018, 3:46:11 PM
Would it be better for the build to have the "30% increased Energy Shield Recovery Rate while affected by Discipline" or "Gain 18% of Maximum Mana as Extra Maximum Energy Shield while affected by Clarity"

if you can only pick one?
Clarity, absolutely. More defence=damage
"I've played a lot of videogames. It's my primary recreational activity. Best games ever: Elden Ring and Diablo 4."
~Elon Musk, 2023
"
Bazztastic wrote:
Would it be better for the build to have the "30% increased Energy Shield Recovery Rate while affected by Discipline" or "Gain 18% of Maximum Mana as Extra Maximum Energy Shield while affected by Clarity"

if you can only pick one?

Id say clarity except you can get a es recovery rate discipline jewel very cheap. But you definately dont do anything wrong with clarity jewel it is solid 2k ES for me.
Just wanted to let you guys know I found a way to run this with enlighten 2 and no +1 gems gloves. It still has a lot of ES (I'm at about 8200 still at lvl 84 I believe with a ton of es and mana nodes I still need to grab) and is much cheaper to get going, you can check out my tree if you'd like.

Essentially you need to grab the aura nodes, it obviously will be better to respec out of them with enlighten 4 in favor of more jewels / mana / es nodes but it's a decent option thus far.

ALSO: Zzang reminded me previously, but you really need those juicy str / int / mana rolls on rings!!! They add a ton of es when you have the build positioned right, and they're a lot cheaper than other gg rings for other builds.

I personally look for unset rings as then I can work in a Vaal Discipline gem for those pesky burst dmg fights in maps with bad map mods.

This build is awesome and a ton of fun, finally got the deaths door w regen enchant as well. Looking forward to the presence of chayula and the almighty watchers eye someday, incredibly satisfying to play!

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info