[3.7] LL RF Scorching Ray Guardian | 19K ES | 52k Armour|1.5 mil dps| Uber Elder & HoGM DEATHLESS

"
PeopleReady wrote:
Hey Zzang, any reason why the Leadership node isn't taken? Also, is there ahy point where degen from RF stops completely? Most streamers I see playing LLRF have no movement on their ES - however, mine sits at about 10k at the moment and gets down to about 7.5k before Guardian regen bumps it back up. It continues degen at that point, and I can maintain it in fluctuation. Is this natural, or is there a way to eliminate degen all together? I have most of the gear you've specified outside of the rings (they're ready, but I'm still in high 70s). Have a decent Watcher's and everything.

bumping for that fresh page!
"
doChl wrote:
hey, cant decide between this build and
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1840270 any major thoughts on this any1?

i saw zzangs build on league start and instantly wanted to try :) but the other guide being more detailed may make it easier for me as a 1st time rf build.

finally got like 25 ex to get going but dunno if this will make this build all content rdy. is the other build cheaper? theese items here seem pretty gg.

thx for any help and gj on an awesome build zzang (not zzang from starcraft by chance?)

The other build you reference is "easier" to get started with since you can use a RotP instead of a Prism Guardian. You will be able to sustain RF earlier.

This build's hallmark is the Memory Vault/Prism Guardian synergy, which allows you to get huge amounts of armor (unlike any other LL RF build variants). In my opinion, the extra armor is well worth the added difficulty of gearing and the fact that you need more regeneration since you don't have a RoTP or Leo shield.

Both builds are roughly equivalent in cost.

Hope this helps!

"
PeopleReady wrote:
Hey Zzang, any reason why the Leadership node isn't taken? Also, is there ahy point where degen from RF stops completely? Most streamers I see playing LLRF have no movement on their ES - however, mine sits at about 10k at the moment and gets down to about 7.5k before Guardian regen bumps it back up. It continues degen at that point, and I can maintain it in fluctuation. Is this natural, or is there a way to eliminate degen all together? I have most of the gear you've specified outside of the rings (they're ready, but I'm still in high 70s). Have a decent Watcher's and everything.

Because Leadership is wasted unefficiennt points in my opinion.

Regarding ES % Regeneration refer to Q3 in my FAQ Section. If you followed Q3 completely without exception and something still doesnt work then i gonna check your pob link.

"
OldSmeller wrote:
Wouldn't a watchers eye with 2.5 Es Regen be better than the 120~ to life regen? In patch of building I get way less "net degen" with the 2.5 version. They are considerably more costly but in for a penny in for a pound. Especially with this build.

I am still only level 92 and using this build I have all the items except for watcher's eye and the nodes I would allocate had I level 100. The only time I die is when I try to facetank high end bosses. With 10k ES and 1480 Regen per second I do pretty well. I am using Bated Breath as my belt because of the ES recovery.

I also want to know if you think it's worth getting the +1% to max fire resist node on the skill tree. In POB when I use that AND a fragile bloom my Net Degen goes down to 72.

Bated Breath provides ES Recharge Rate and NOT ES recovery its the wrong belt bro get a 20% ES Recovery belt. And Yes Clarity ES Watchers jewel with 2.5% discipline regen is best in slot jewel but it costs quadruple as much but does not perform four times better plus you only meet price fixers on the market if you look for it (the same few people).

"
doChl wrote:
hey, cant decide between this build and
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1840270 any major thoughts on this any1?

i saw zzangs build on league start and instantly wanted to try :) but the other guide being more detailed may make it easier for me as a 1st time rf build.

finally got like 25 ex to get going but dunno if this will make this build all content rdy. is the other build cheaper? theese items here seem pretty gg.

thx for any help and gj on an awesome build zzang (not zzang from starcraft by chance?)

25 ex is already good enough to start off with roughly 12k ES and 50k armour in league id start with a ES regen discipline jewel they are cheaper than clarity jewel.

About the link in question: All i can point to is the post on my front page:

Why my build?

You can play another LL RF SR Build that uses mirror/legacy gear to kill uber elder and be like:

OR you do my build with superb price/performance ratio.

"
PeopleReady wrote:
"
PeopleReady wrote:

You don't have enough regeneration. You either need to take more from the tree or use items that have more. If you don't have a 20% energy shield recovery belt, you'll need substantially more regen from the tree than the build recommends in order to not degen.

I'd highly recommend importing your character into path of building and testing out what works best.
I was just about to start the more "typical" LLRF build and then came upon this thread. Bought a Shav's and Presence but nothing else yet so changing to this build at this point will be very easy. Still farming up necessary currency on my MF golemancer so still a week or two away from starting anyway.

TBH Uber Lab is the bane of my existence so having something to deal with the traps and Izaro would be really nice and hence having a ton of armour I would imagine would be very helpful assuming it would mitigate trap damage.

One thing I am puzzled about though is the interaction of RF with MOM. I guess we take MOM for the mana nodes behind the MOM notable. However I would assume we will now be burning off our mana from RF which I would assume we don't have the regen to cover in which case we would be always OOM. I must be missing an interaction here as you quite clearly aren't having issues shield charging about but what I am missing here? I assume my understanding is flawed in some way. If somebody could enlighten me that would be great.

I've done quick PoB's of both this version and the "typical" LLRF SR build. With this one I basically break even on degen with "crappy" gear I expect to be able to afford vs about 500 positive regen on the other version but with no phys mit. For those of you on "entry-level" gear is that similar to what you have gotten too? I assume we are relying on the guardian 30% regen every 5 seconds to get back most of our ES.
"
"
PeopleReady wrote:
"
PeopleReady wrote:

You don't have enough regeneration. You either need to take more from the tree or use items that have more. If you don't have a 20% energy shield recovery belt, you'll need substantially more regen from the tree than the build recommends in order to not degen.

I'd highly recommend importing your character into path of building and testing out what works best.

Interesting. I do have and use such a belt. My issue could be that I'm only level 78 still, and thus have ~15 more points to use before reaching the endish part of the tree. I also chose "kill all" over "oak" for the bandits. Other than the bandits and unfinished tree, however, everything is precisely the same as the guide.
nvm
Last edited by Kaegyn on Mar 14, 2018, 7:16:03 PM
"
Both builds are roughly equivalent in cost.

You say that and a watcher's eye with clarity mod is min 19 ex in league and i dont think this build can keep up with other variants without it.

While i will admit that i really like your approach to LL RF, this variation seems extremely expensive and very awkward to gear.
What is min level req for this build? I just hit 68 and purchased most all of the required items but still do not have enough mana with 2x healthy mind and watcher's eye. Do my gems all need to be 20?
So I got a block with determination/clarity watchers eye. Am I better off trying to sell it and get a regen vitality/clarity one?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info