F the labyrinth

Lab optional? LuL

No matter how hard i (used to)love this content it is not optional.
If GGG decides out of nowhere that after dying you must pick up 1000 fragment scrolls from the floor in a huge maze map or u can;t play that would still be optional. You can do this or uninstall game, definitely not something that makes any sense.

So...
I agree points must be removed from lab.

Because of crying kids lab has been nerfed so hard i barely show any interest running it.
Profit is not enough, i can make huge amount of currency just from mapping. Before 3.0 changes lab was so much more interesting:
-ability to drastically increase loot&difficulty by using darkshrines

-looking for nice white corrupted bases

-picking 100x scroll of wisdoms or looking for a mob with unique item

Now it's like run from point A to B, click on chest and pick rewards. BORING...

Remove asc. points from lab
Remove all labs besides merc and uber lab (i think some people farm merc lab in ssf)
Improve uber lab by adding optional ability to increase difficulty, make Uber lab real Uber Lab.

Last edited by karoollll2534 on Jan 19, 2018, 6:15:36 AM
"
Xavathos wrote:
"
Pyrokar wrote:
Also i am not gonna dignify the retarded statements of "you just want stuff for free" with a response. Think of something new to troll these threads with.

Lab is like the vegetable of PoE and you're the kid that doesn't want to eat it. Lucky for you, you don't have to! You'll be less healthy, 8 Ascendancy points less to be exact, but you don't have to eat it.

What's that? Oh yes, optional.

Lab may be optional for you. So don't run it.

Lab is loathsome content for me and so I choose to give that feedback to GGG.

If you don't like me giving that feedback then sorry for you. Complain to GGG that they shouldn't have a Feedback and Suggestions forum.
Over 430 threads discussing labyrinth problems with over 1040 posters in support (thread # 1702621) Thank you all! GGG will implement a different method for ascension in PoE2. Retired!
If I understand GGG (Chris) correctly, 3.2 is aimed as a ascendancy rework release.

"
So, what we're going to do, in regard to revamping old content, is interleave it with the schedule. Obviously, we're going to target the most important stuff first, but there are so many things where we're working at the moment that are targeted to go alongside leagues, so the next league includes some revamping of old content. For example, we promised an Ascendancy rework. The Ascendancy rework done in the next league is extensive, far more so than we've promised. There's a lot of work there, and people are going to love it.

So something is going to happen, the question is what
"
Dharall wrote:
If I understand GGG (Chris) correctly, 3.2 is aimed as a ascendancy rework release.

"
So, what we're going to do, in regard to revamping old content, is interleave it with the schedule. Obviously, we're going to target the most important stuff first, but there are so many things where we're working at the moment that are targeted to go alongside leagues, so the next league includes some revamping of old content. For example, we promised an Ascendancy rework. The Ascendancy rework done in the next league is extensive, far more so than we've promised. There's a lot of work there, and people are going to love it.

Added the Apex Labyrinth.
Level 82 content, on the top floor of the current map, with 8 new traps and its own 10 trials, randomly found in T11+ maps. :D
Carry on my waypoint son, there'll be peace when maps are done.
Lay your portal gem to rest, don't you die no more.

'Cause it's a bitter sweet symphony this league.
Try to make maps meet, you're a slave to the meta, then you leave.
Hahhaa!

Okie that made my day :)

"
Dharall wrote:

"

What's the source for this quote?
Now that prestige classes will finally leave lab in 4.0, will GGG get it right this time or will they find new ways to repeat old mistakes?
"
"
Dharall wrote:

"

What's the source for this quote?

Ah sorry for that.

https://www.reddit.com/r/pathofexile/comments/7qc08a/chris_wilson_interview_with_zizaran_jan_13_2018/

Transcript: https://pastebin.com/iHZxyJw5

Last edited by Dharall on Jan 19, 2018, 9:33:43 AM
Thank you for the links.

Not too long ago Charan indicated in a forum post that no further changes would be made to lab (he apparently has direct ties to at least one senior GGG executive and he was likely just passing along what he was told). With the window of time not having been particularly long since that was passed along, it's hard to see what they might have been able to do that would move the needle very much on the current experience.

Perhaps I'll turn out to be wrong. But, this seems likely to be an effort to be seen to be doing something big, when it's probably going to be just another set of incremental changes that don't change the underlying reasons why so many players dislike or hate lab.

Another round of incremental changes would leave us basically where we are right now. If that happens, then ascending toward divinity through "Italian Plumber" platform gameplay will remain a deterrent to making alts for lots for players and it'll continue to exacerbate ongoing challenges with player retention.
Now that prestige classes will finally leave lab in 4.0, will GGG get it right this time or will they find new ways to repeat old mistakes?
Last edited by EnjoyTheJourney on Jan 19, 2018, 9:58:46 AM
"
If that happens, then ascending toward divinity through "Italian Plumber" platform gameplay will remain a deterrent to making alts for lots for players and it'll continue to exacerbate ongoing challenges with player retention.

Carry on my waypoint son, there'll be peace when maps are done.
Lay your portal gem to rest, don't you die no more.

'Cause it's a bitter sweet symphony this league.
Try to make maps meet, you're a slave to the meta, then you leave.
Nerf traps, this damage is broken. Especially blade sentries and dart traps.

I can't see what's going to be at next corner BECAUSE THERE IS NO BRIGHTNESS AND CAMERA HEIGHT SETTINGS.

Thus, i had to roll the bones, hoping that there won't be some retarded traps combinations.

About sentries: Nice hitbox, there are already problems with connection and player lag teleports. So let's add a big shit wheel, which in 99% of lag spikes will instakill player.

About dart traps: Some hints maybe? I can't see through transparent (or not) walls and guess that there are some dart dispencers. I can't move camera, some walls with darts are staying perfectly to be unseen.

About TAKE A USELESS ENCHANT option - best idea. Like, i have a dozen of times to nerd over again and again to get ONLY 1 enchant over 50 for 3 items.

And ye, brightness. You know, it is free, just add it.

Last edited by Cortanol on Jan 19, 2018, 11:43:17 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info