F the labyrinth

"
Nishrek wrote:
"
Xavathos wrote:
We're waiting dude. Where's the new Lab? :)

Sure, he will incorporate it in GGG's heads, by the power of telepathy.

BTW I love how Lab defenders claim that is "optional". Well, as much optional as using armor or weapon. You do not have to use this gear at all...

Uh, it's much more optional than using armour or weapons. You can easily get well into maps without the ascendancy points...
Just a lowly standard player. May RNGesus be with you.
What bewilders me about this "optional" defense is that we are actually trying to make this type of gameplay truly optional and with that they disagree. I guess then it becomes too optional for them? lol
I'm a forum warrior, i was born to post, raised to defend my league. Now my post has been removed, chained and exiled by mods who Ban. Ban is my brother; i do not fear it. I see it in the eyes of men and beasts that i troll. It will take me to play the actual game when i am ready and i am not ready.
Last edited by Pyrokar on Jan 19, 2018, 3:00:24 AM
"
Pyrokar wrote:
What bewilders me about this "optional" defense is that we are actually trying to make this type of gameplay truly optional and with that they disagree. I guess then it becomes too optional for them? lol

Wrong. You're asking for free Ascendancy points and we disagree with that.

The Lab is already optional. A suggestion to make it so would be like suggesting to make water wet.
Carry on my waypoint son, there'll be peace when maps are done.
Lay your portal gem to rest, don't you die no more.

'Cause it's a bitter sweet symphony this league.
Try to make maps meet, you're a slave to the meta, then you leave.
"
Pyrokar wrote:

If it becomes pointless to go there for anything other than for enchants, then yeah.
Just a lowly standard player. May RNGesus be with you.
Thinking a little bit more about this "optional" stuff, the comparison between ascendancy and weapons or armor in terms of being optional doesn't really work. Weapons and armor drop everywhere. And yes there are certain weapons and armour that only drop from certain bosses but you can easily bypass that restriction by trading. Trading for ascendancy doesn't work well since even if you buy a lab runner (or whatever it's called, service?), you still have to go through the traps. An izaro kill and a guy that knows the way is essentially what you are getting. It doesn't really work if you just want to bypass the trap gameplay.

And that reminded me of some low quality MMO i played recently. There, you have to do certain content to get certain type of currencies. Day in, day out you do it to accumulate those needed items in order to improve your char. If you don't like 'em then tough luck, you don't get to make your character stronger. There is no freedom in that and soon it just feels like a job you do every day since you have no other choice. It's not exactly the same with the lab but it's the same type of problem. Doesn't that go against GGG's philosophy? I am pretty sure they said something like "We want our players to have the feeling of everything drops everywhere in our game and that there is unbound player freedom" about their design philosophy, didn't they? Well lab goes against that. Plz fix.

Also i am not gonna dignify the retarded statements of "you just want stuff for free" with a response. Think of something new to troll these threads with.

I'm a forum warrior, i was born to post, raised to defend my league. Now my post has been removed, chained and exiled by mods who Ban. Ban is my brother; i do not fear it. I see it in the eyes of men and beasts that i troll. It will take me to play the actual game when i am ready and i am not ready.
Last edited by Pyrokar on Jan 19, 2018, 3:41:42 AM
"
Pyrokar wrote:
Also i am not gonna dignify the retarded statements of "you just want stuff for free" with a response. Think of something new to troll these threads with.

Lab is like the vegetable of PoE and you're the kid that doesn't want to eat it. Lucky for you, you don't have to! You'll be less healthy, 8 Ascendancy points less to be exact, but you don't have to eat it.

What's that? Oh yes, optional.

Lab is optional...

Also one thing is optional, playing PoE. The more unenjoyable parts poE has & intended to add, the more players will quit.

Thats nto a bad things for gamers actually. I am happy GGG made some area so unajoyable so other gamemaker have a chance to get $ from ex PoE gamers.

I returned to Dues Ex, very enjyable, but I beated it, & now I am pondering which gamer dev get my next $.
Last edited by KiadawP on Jan 19, 2018, 5:17:22 AM
"
KiadawP wrote:
Lab is optional...

Also one thing is optional, playing PoE. The more unenjoyable parts poE has & intended to add, the more players will quit.

Thats nto a bad things for gamers actually. I am happy GGG made some area so unajoyable so other gamemaker have a chance to get $ from ex PoE gamers.

I returned to Dues Ex, very enjyable, but I beated it, & now I am pondering which gamer dev get my next $.

Truth be told.

A little pessimistic for my taste, but nonetheless true. If the Lab alone is enough for you to make you quit an entire game, you should definitely quit.

"
Xavathos wrote:
"
KiadawP wrote:
Lab is optional...

Truth be told.

A little pessimistic for my taste, but nonetheless true. If the Lab alone is enough for you to make you quit an entire game, you should definitely quit.

NOT only reason, but 1 of the many factors, including but not restricted to grindy & monotonous end game. I alraedy experience all POE has to offer, tried various class, builds, melee, spell, bows, took down end games bosses, Shaper, Guardians, Artizri. It was enjoyable while it last, but I am already feelng burnout, & Lab just make the decision to quit easier.
Last edited by KiadawP on Jan 19, 2018, 6:03:26 AM
"
Shovelcut wrote:
"
Nishrek wrote:
"
Xavathos wrote:
We're waiting dude. Where's the new Lab? :)

Sure, he will incorporate it in GGG's heads, by the power of telepathy.

BTW I love how Lab defenders claim that is "optional". Well, as much optional as using armor or weapon. You do not have to use this gear at all...

Uh, it's much more optional than using armour or weapons. You can easily get well into maps without the ascendancy points...

I'm sure that one can easily get well into maps with only using one ring or a bow without any quiver or no helmet or no weapon or no body armor. Which is more optional? Not even sure what you mean by more optional unless you mean it would easier to do without the points. If that's what is meant not even sure how relevant that even is to Nishrek's point?
Over 430 threads discussing labyrinth problems with over 1040 posters in support (thread # 1702621) Thank you all! GGG will implement a different method for ascension in PoE2. Retired!

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info