F the labyrinth

"
suszterpatt wrote:
I like how every time someone complains about the lab not being fun, there's always a guy who assumes he's bad at lab and proceeds to give tips on how to git gud.

I built a char specifically for lab farming. He can do 6 key runs effortlessly. It's still not fun, I only do it for the ludicrous amounts of loot at the end. It's tedious, mostly filler, and you're constantly at threat of losing your entry fee and all your progress to a crash or DC that's completely out of your control. It feels like a chore, not a game, despite (or indeed, because of) the fact that it isn't at all difficult.
This pretty much nails it.

I do all the stuff suggested by the (usually well intentioned) "git gudders" for lab. It's not like it's particularly difficult to figure out what to do even without advice from others. And, I haven't had a single death in labyrinth. I just find it tedious, like many others.
Now that prestige classes will finally leave lab in 4.0, will GGG get it right this time or will they find new ways to repeat old mistakes?
"
YeahPete wrote:
POE is a difficult game, and that is the fun of it.

Its very difficult to play basketball with your feet duct-taped, it however doesn't make it fun, & I wouldn't paid money to watch, let alone do it myself.

Both of these are difficult & challneging, but only one give satification on overcoming

A) Playing basketball with feet tighted together
B) Playing basktetball against strong players

When the best way to overocme the traps is to bypass the traps by potion & Movement speed spamming, the design FAILED.

I play many traps games like Tomb raider, Zelda, Prince of Persia etc.They are enjoyable because they are well design, & you feel rewarded to overcome them, you feel like trying again when you failed. Traps in PoE are shit in design, make worst by gated under goddess statue & full restart on fail.

Last edited by KiadawP on Jan 1, 2018, 12:30:43 PM
"
Xavathos wrote:
....must...resist....urge....2018....positivity....ugh.

yeah, sorry to be such a bummer. :/ wish I could just make a thread about the new acts.

Here is a thing I have noticed after the anger was gone. I didn't have such a big hate against normal-merciless lab.

The thing is. In this labs I can mostly ignore the traps. Put on some movement speed, some regen, all life flasks and just run trough it.

Izaro in Uber is such a pain because you have to traverse the stupid !"$"§$"!$ traps again for every try. So when you die to him you done. You don't want to do the stupid trap run again just for another try at Izaro.

"This is a Buff"
-------------------------------
There is an old almost forgotten prophecy, that hell will freeze over.
But we just recently discovered the true cause of this unlikely event:
By the time GGG manage to balance their game.
"
suszterpatt wrote:
I like how every time someone complains about the lab not being fun, there's always a guy who assumes he's bad at lab and proceeds to give tips on how to git gud.
Oh I don't know, maybe because they always complain about dying while in there? If you don't find it fun, then just do it for the points and don't go back. Its been nerfed so much that you can get your points fast anyway. Then you can go back to your mindless map farming that you find so much more interesting.
"
Telzen wrote:
"
suszterpatt wrote:
Oh I don't know, maybe because they always complain about dying while in there? If you don't find it fun, then just do it for the points and don't go back. Its been nerfed so much that you can get your points fast anyway. Then you can go back to your mindless map farming that you find so much more interesting.
Look behind the "dying in there" complaints and you'll often see what a tedious pain in the ass they find it to be to run the whole thing over again.

If somebody posts about every death they have, then that's reasonable grounds to wonder if they know how to play the game and/or they don't get what ARPGs are about. With threads like this about lab, though, it's more likely than not that the OP just dislikes-to-really-fucking-hates lab.
Now that prestige classes will finally leave lab in 4.0, will GGG get it right this time or will they find new ways to repeat old mistakes?
At this point, even with the changes to the first 3, I mainly don't do Labyrinth out of principle of the thing, and secondly, I don't want to give GGG any false data to mis-interpret about somebody possibly liking the labyrinth, who rather, simply runs it just for the points.

There's no way to give proper feedback about how much I hate the design of the labyrinth besides this course of action, that I can see. (posting in threads is my only way of giving meaningful feedback, and I've tried very hard to give constructive criticism in nearly every single one of my posts, aside from my personal opinion of the content.)

If more people would simply NOT do the labyrinth, if they hate the content, rather than slogging through because of the rewards, maybe, JUST MAYBE, GGG would get the message.
"
Telzen wrote:
"
suszterpatt wrote:

Do you think GGG want the lab to be a massive chore?
"
Zaludoz wrote:
At this point, even with the changes to the first 3, I mainly don't do Labyrinth out of principle of the thing, and secondly, I don't want to give GGG any false data to mis-interpret about somebody possibly liking the labyrinth, who rather, simply runs it just for the points.

There's no way to give proper feedback about how much I hate the design of the labyrinth besides this course of action, that I can see. (posting in threads is my only way of giving meaningful feedback, and I've tried very hard to give constructive criticism in nearly every single one of my posts, aside from my personal opinion of the content.)

If more people would simply NOT do the labyrinth, if they hate the content, rather than slogging through because of the rewards, maybe, JUST MAYBE, GGG would get the message.

I'm convinced that GGG has gotten a (if not the) message on labyrinth. They have reduced the horrible content and on May 15, 2017 introduced this initial plan for release 3.0. https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1899252

In that OP they announced the plan to reduce just the first lab. The thread opened up such a tidal wave outpouring of lab hate that they reduced the loathsome content even more than planned. Now in that thread GGG did miss the mark in describing what most of the complaints were in the forum. I have to assume that they aren't dirt stupid and instead were tailoring their statement to support the planned changes. That is reducing the loathsome content rather than making the content fun or optional. Making the content fun or optional would not have even been an option in May 2017. It would have been more work than time available.

Hopefully, making labyrinth fun or optional is something on their future changes list.
Over 430 threads discussing labyrinth problems with over 1040 posters in support (thread # 1702621) Thank you all! GGG will implement a different method for ascension in PoE2. Retired!
"
YeahPete wrote:
What the guy above me said. You must prepare for the lab. And do that by stacking insta-life potions, and a speed potion. POE is a difficult game, and that is the fun of it. Difficult areas such as this help prevent bots from farming these difficult areas. I wish they brought back many of the things that 1-shot peeps such as volatility and much more damaging reflect to prevent the steamrolling and botting that has been possible since those nerfs.

Relax. Don't waste your time.
That's how all of the complainers (be it about Labyrinth or anything else) look like:

They don't want help.
They don't want "to learn".
They don't want anything from anyone.
Just here to rant (or demanding the game change in a way which would fit their "press X to win" standards).
Anything harder is oppressing.
Remember, suffering is convenient.
That is why many people prefer it.
Happiness requires effort.
I really don't want to waste my time with this shit.
Golden doors are waste of time. Hate them
The endgame labyrinth is too long and activating/inactivating the izaro adds is a huge pain in the ass and often doesn't go as planned.
Also Izaro just keeps on fighting for hours after beating him down to his breakpoint.
And golem dies so many times to Izaro and traps its not even funny.

What happened to puzzles?

Also lack of rewards from chests
Need more brains, exile?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info