F the labyrinth

"
MasterTBC wrote:
I really don't want to waste my time with this shit.

Then next time, don't. Please.
Carry on my waypoint son, there'll be peace when maps are done.
Lay your portal gem to rest, don't you die no more.

'Cause it's a bitter sweet symphony this league.
Try to make maps meet, you're a slave to the meta, then you leave.
"
HarukaTeno wrote:
"
YeahPete wrote:
What the guy above me said. You must prepare for the lab. And do that by stacking insta-life potions, and a speed potion. POE is a difficult game, and that is the fun of it. Difficult areas such as this help prevent bots from farming these difficult areas. I wish they brought back many of the things that 1-shot peeps such as volatility and much more damaging reflect to prevent the steamrolling and botting that has been possible since those nerfs.

Relax. Don't waste your time.
That's how all of the complainers (be it about Labyrinth or anything else) look like:

They don't want help.
They don't want "to learn".
They don't want anything from anyone.
Just here to rant (or demanding the game change in a way which would fit their "press X to win" standards).
Anything harder is oppressing.

You don't know how to read?

Labyrinth is loathsome not fun content. It is not too hard, it is horrible crap content. Your statements are countering arguments made by a ghost whispering in your ear, I guess? Now an on topic comment you might make is, "I love playing labyrinth" In which case the response could be "Great, I'm pleased you like playing it, I don't. I like playing arpg content instead."
Over 430 threads discussing labyrinth problems with over 1040 posters in support (thread # 1702621) Thank you all! GGG will implement a different method for ascension in PoE2. Retired!
"
Turtledove wrote:

Do you?
"
Turtledove wrote:
Labyrinth is loathsome not fun content. It is not too hard, it is horrible crap content.

For you. And 950 other people.
"
Turtledove wrote:
Now an on topic comment you might make is, "I love playing labyrinth"

I never said that. Stop imagining words to please yourself.
If you're actually interested in my opinion: i'm absolutely neutral towards Labyrinth.
It has its "ups and downs".
I can view things in a non-biased way.
Can you? (that's a rhetorical question, sweetie ^_^)
"
Turtledove wrote:
In which case the response could be "Great, I'm pleased you like playing it, I don't. I like playing arpg content instead."

Then don't play. It is that simple.

What i don't actually like is your hostile behaviour and appeals to sabotaging other people's gameplay.
As well as SJW manners and categorical sayings.
Remember, suffering is convenient.
That is why many people prefer it.
Happiness requires effort.
Last edited by HarukaTeno on Jan 1, 2018, 7:39:21 PM
"
HarukaTeno wrote:
"
Turtledove wrote:

Do you?
"
Turtledove wrote:
Labyrinth is loathsome not fun content. It is not too hard, it is horrible crap content.

For you. And 950 other people.
"
Turtledove wrote:
Now an on topic comment you might make is, "I love playing labyrinth"

I never said that. Stop imagining words to please yourself.
If you're actually interested in my opinion: i'm absolutely neutral towards Labyrinth.
It has its "ups and downs".
I can view things in a non-biased way.
Can you? (that's a rhetorical question, sweetie ^_^)
"
Turtledove wrote:
In which case the response could be "Great, I'm pleased you like playing it, I don't. I like playing arpg content instead."

Then don't play. It is that simple.

What i don't actually like is your hostile behaviour and appeals to sabotaging other people's gameplay.
As well as SJW manners and categorical sayings.

Hi darling, still making up nonsense to respond to I see. (That's not a rhetorical question, honey ^_^)

Why should I give my personal opinion in a non-biased way? And what is being sabotaged in other people's gameplay by people giving their opinion? You're not even making sense when you try to respond to reality.
Over 430 threads discussing labyrinth problems with over 1040 posters in support (thread # 1702621) Thank you all! GGG will implement a different method for ascension in PoE2. Retired!
"
suszterpatt wrote:
I like how every time someone complains about the lab not being fun, there's always a guy who assumes he's bad at lab and proceeds to give tips on how to git gud.

I built a char specifically for lab farming. He can do 6 key runs effortlessly. It's still not fun, I only do it for the ludicrous amounts of loot at the end. It's tedious, mostly filler, and you're constantly at threat of losing your entry fee and all your progress to a crash or DC that's completely out of your control. It feels like a chore, not a game, despite (or indeed, because of) the fact that it isn't at all difficult.

This line right here pretty much proves he didn't plan for the encounter at all:

"
got a vulnerability and temp chains curse on top of the one hit bullshit attacks he already does.

And the one shot attack he does is completely avoidable and has a long animation before hand.

Its fine if you dislike some of the mechanics, like traps or something, but complaining about 1 shot from his attack that takes ages to wind up or curses is just poor planning.
https://youtu.be/T9kygXtkh10?t=285

FeelsBadMan

Remove MF from POE, make juiced map the new MF.
pay someone to do it for you?
"
goetzjam wrote:
"
suszterpatt wrote:
I like how every time someone complains about the lab not being fun, there's always a guy who assumes he's bad at lab and proceeds to give tips on how to git gud.

I built a char specifically for lab farming. He can do 6 key runs effortlessly. It's still not fun, I only do it for the ludicrous amounts of loot at the end. It's tedious, mostly filler, and you're constantly at threat of losing your entry fee and all your progress to a crash or DC that's completely out of your control. It feels like a chore, not a game, despite (or indeed, because of) the fact that it isn't at all difficult.

This line right here pretty much proves he didn't plan for the encounter at all:

"
got a vulnerability and temp chains curse on top of the one hit bullshit attacks he already does.

And the one shot attack he does is completely avoidable and has a long animation before hand.

Its fine if you dislike some of the mechanics, like traps or something, but complaining about 1 shot from his attack that takes ages to wind up or curses is just poor planning.

I'm sorry but this is just stupid. Besides that one shots are a problem of their own (And btw not the next big thing in game mechanics but just stupid lazy ass fuck none balancing) The problem with the lab is NOT Izaro it's the fucking ridiculous stupid traps.

Remember they wanted to slow down gameplay. Guess what? Lab is the content run through at the fastest speed EVER. Because no one cares to kill the none essential mobs, and builds tailored for the lab can just ignore traps. For every one else its a fucking tedious mess.

Here is a thing. Remove traps. Next rooms become available at one of the following conditions:
- the whole room is explored
- all mobs are killed
- a special fast moving mob is found and killed.
- a hidden door to the next room is found

There are a million better things than traps.

This would actually contribute to the ARPG genre AND it would actually somewhat slow down the gameplay.

"
andreicde wrote:
pay someone to do it for you?

This might be an option for me eventually. But at the moment I'll just ignore the lab as best and long as I can.
"This is a Buff"
-------------------------------
There is an old almost forgotten prophecy, that hell will freeze over.
But we just recently discovered the true cause of this unlikely event:
By the time GGG manage to balance their game.
Last edited by restinpieces0815 on Jan 2, 2018, 7:12:27 AM
Made a lab farmer character last league, still couldnt complete the 100 labs challenge. Too tedious :C Tbh I dont see any reason why crashes and disconnects would prevent you from getting back at it. You either can complete it or you pay for it. It isnt ever a challenge.
"
Кроля wrote:
Made a lab farmer character last league, still couldnt complete the 100 labs challenge. Too tedious :C Tbh I dont see any reason why crashes and disconnects would prevent you from getting back at it. You either can complete it or you pay for it. It isnt ever a challenge.

/agree
only
This league I created a lab farmer. Today I have done 4 runs and already bored.
I still have 10 more offerings but I dont know... will I forse myself to do it?!

It is so mind numbing!
Also I do not understand how 100 Izaro can be compared, for example, with 100 Atziri?

To be honest (and borderline heretical), they changed the labyrinth in such a way that it is almost, almost bearable to suffer through it one time each league.

Yes, one time, the only time I felt the old wound was in Uber lab, cause I crashed during the last Izaro fight.

The first three labs are, to be honest (and I am still a big lab hater) now fast forward mode. You are out sooner than the resentment even builds up.

It might be that for the first time ever, I was actually lucky with uber trials, but it almost felt that the trials tend to spawn those missing ones. Oh that would really help to ease the pain.

But what I am talking about is a problem with the game itself, not the Lab. Izaro seems to remain the same, while our characters grew more powerful. Even fully fed Izaro in Uber lab now does not feel that scary as it did before.

However. This only stands for experienced players.
I always mourn the newcomers, for they need to drink their bitter fill before they learn how to fast ride the lab as well. It's not inherently bad, mind me, but I can imagine the frustration and am trying to be empathic instead of "git gut" mindset.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info