F the labyrinth

"
got a vulnerability and temp chains curse on top of the one hit bullshit attacks he already does.

Leaving this here, because it applies to the next point, so well, maybe too much so.

"
I'm sorry but this is just stupid. Besides that one shots are a problem of their own (And btw not the next big thing in game mechanics but just stupid lazy ass fuck none balancing) The problem with the lab is NOT Izaro it's the fucking ridiculous stupid traps.

See, some people have a problem with different things.

Furthermore, regarding his 1 shot. I think under usual circumstances he doesnt. But we don't know what character of his, how much life, what sort of defenses or even what lab he was doing (early, endgame, idk)

That being said being hit by his wind up attack, while your cursed with the vulnerability curse is not something most characters want to do.

Decoy, blind, curse removal, movement skill are all solid options against his bigger attacks, using a combination of them will net you better results.

"
Remember they wanted to slow down gameplay. Guess what? Lab is the content run through at the fastest speed EVER. Because no one cares to kill the none essential mobs, and builds tailored for the lab can just ignore traps. For every one else its a fucking tedious mess.

You mean builds that plan for the content can pretty much ignore it? No way, who would have thought.

That being said, with pantheons now and more and more ways to mitigate the phys damage traps do its easier now to run the lab then ever before.

"
Here is a thing. Remove traps. Next rooms become available at one of the following conditions:
- the whole room is explored
- all mobs are killed
- a special fast moving mob is found and killed.
- a hidden door to the next room is found

There are a million better things than traps.

This would actually contribute to the ARPG genre AND it would actually somewhat slow down the gameplay.

GGG didn't spend all the time working on the lab to throw it out for some washed up idea from any random person. While some of these might be fun to you, it doesn't even fit the lore.

"

"
andreicde wrote:
pay someone to do it for you?

This might be an option for me eventually. But at the moment I'll just ignore the lab as best and long as I can.

Ignore the single largest form of power you get with nothing more then some time investment...

And someone asked why you cant reconnect after a disconnect, its to prevent many things, cheese from refilling pots. And if you did return to your exact position, how long is GGG suppose to keep that instance open for?

It can be done in one sitting, so I see no issue with making yourself have a 10-15 min, usually much faster commitment to something.
https://youtu.be/T9kygXtkh10?t=285

FeelsBadMan

Remove MF from POE, make juiced map the new MF.
Last edited by goetzjam on Jan 2, 2018, 8:25:33 AM
"
goetzjam wrote:

GGG didn't spend all the time working on the lab to throw it out for some washed up idea from any random person. While some of these might be fun to you, it doesn't even fit the lore.

HAHUAHUAHUAAHUAAAAAh. What year is it? What's wrong with you?
Getting so much deja vu.

On topic: My mario skills are as good as they can be thanks to the lab, so FUCK the lab.
Seriously hope the new expansion GGG talked about reworking ascendancies comes with more lab reworks as well.

Spoiler
Fuck the lab.
I'm a forum warrior, i was born to post, raised to defend my league. Now my post has been removed, chained and exiled by mods who Ban. Ban is my brother; i do not fear it. I see it in the eyes of men and beasts that i troll. It will take me to play the actual game when i am ready and i am not ready.
Last edited by Pyrokar on Jan 2, 2018, 8:36:55 AM
"
Pyrokar wrote:
"
goetzjam wrote:

HAHUAHUAHUAAHUAAAAAh. What year is it? What's wrong with you?
Getting so much deja vu.

On topic: My mario skills are as good as they can be thanks to the lab, so FUCK the lab.
Seriously hope the new expansion GGG talked about reworking ascendancies comes with more lab reworks as well.

Spoiler
Fuck the lab.

Mad cause bad.

FeelsBadMan

We love the lab!

More content like this that can´t be facerolled easily!
I actually really enjoy the new lab. I say new as this league is the first time I played since Breach. I would never do 20 runs in a row, same as I would never run the same map 20 times in a row.

I was never one to speed through as fast as possible, it's really not a necessity to do so. So yeah, I love the new bits, more keys, lots of dark shrine buffs. Not done too many runs (10?) but I managed 7-9 keys every time. Which is all good fun.

The only downside to doing all the dark shrines/puzzles/gauntlets etc is the time investment. It took me about 30 mins per run, baring in mind I can pretty much ignore the traps, for the most part, that's a long time investment per run now.
"
suszterpatt wrote:
I like how every time someone complains about the lab not being fun, there's always a guy who assumes he's bad at lab and proceeds to give tips on how to git gud.

I built a char specifically for lab farming. He can do 6 key runs effortlessly. It's still not fun, I only do it for the ludicrous amounts of loot at the end. It's tedious, mostly filler, and you're constantly at threat of losing your entry fee and all your progress to a crash or DC that's completely out of your control. It feels like a chore, not a game, despite (or indeed, because of) the fact that it isn't at all difficult.

Ha personally I like how whenever someone implies that PoE is challenging in some respect, some guy jumps out of the woodwork and reassures us that we are all indeed mistaken and that PoE's one true sin is that it has never been a challenge to begin with. Thank you for reminding us. xoxo
yeah lab sucks. no matter how i try to defend ggg.

lab was a failure. they tried to band-aid the shit but it still sucks. and more skills come out = more lab requirements. so yeah. this shit will be even worse.

love you ggg but your lab sucks.
"
Dudebag wrote:
yeah lab sucks. no matter how i try to defend ggg.

lab was a failure. they tried to band-aid the shit but it still sucks. and more skills come out = more lab requirements. so yeah. this shit will be even worse.

love you ggg but your lab sucks.

the lab is indeed profoundly un-fun
I dont see any any key!
"
aldorus wrote:
To be honest (and borderline heretical), they changed the labyrinth in such a way that it is almost, almost bearable to suffer through it one time each league.

Yes, one time, the only time I felt the old wound was in Uber lab, cause I crashed during the last Izaro fight.

The first three labs are, to be honest (and I am still a big lab hater) now fast forward mode. You are out sooner than the resentment even builds up.

It might be that for the first time ever, I was actually lucky with uber trials, but it almost felt that the trials tend to spawn those missing ones. Oh that would really help to ease the pain.

But what I am talking about is a problem with the game itself, not the Lab. Izaro seems to remain the same, while our characters grew more powerful. Even fully fed Izaro in Uber lab now does not feel that scary as it did before.

However. This only stands for experienced players.
I always mourn the newcomers, for they need to drink their bitter fill before they learn how to fast ride the lab as well. It's not inherently bad, mind me, but I can imagine the frustration and am trying to be empathic instead of "git gut" mindset.

Izaro would be a great fun boss, if he weren't in the labyrinth. In the Labyrinth he's the main gating factor for getting through the loathsome labyrinth. It makes him not fun to learn because having to do the whole loathsome content all over again is really bad. It makes the Izaro encounter horrible instead of the great fun it should be.
Over 430 threads discussing labyrinth problems with over 1040 posters in support (thread # 1702621) Thank you all! GGG will implement a different method for ascension in PoE2. Retired!
"
Turtledove wrote:

Izaro would be a great fun boss, if he weren't in the labyrinth. In the Labyrinth he's the main gating factor for getting through the loathsome labyrinth. It makes him not fun to learn because having to do the whole loathsome content all over again is really bad. It makes the Izaro encounter horrible instead of the great fun it should be.

Yeah, because OP is complaining about the traps in the lab, o wait he wasn't, hes complaining about mechanics revolving around this boss.

We get it, you don't like the lab.

Its 2018, no need to tell everyone, every single day of this year as well.

FeelsBadMan

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info