3.1 crashes constantly

I'm having the same issue. Game randomly crashes either followed by several popups or just having the windows popup stating that POE has stopped working. Completely random I've crashed when lvling a gem, opening my stash, specing a point into my tree, running around, sitting in town, sitting in my hideout, loading a new area, and a few more I can't remember. It happens consistently, lvling during the story was frustrating and mapping/lab is a nightmare. Ironically only my gaming computer is having this issue my 2 potato spec computers don't have any issue with these crashes.
please fix this?
Fix this please, second character, crashes aswell!

I was mixing with the graphic setting and the ones I'm have worked for me the last day, 0 crashes. Someone else should check if this works for them!

EDIT: nvm this, only worked temporarily. Still looking for a solution for this
Last edited by Nuditi on Jan 1, 2018, 11:03:34 AM
Post 3.1.1e patch I'm getting crashes 100% of the time attempting merc lab runs on my Inquisitor. Also, Nvidia, but on Linux (wine-staging 2.21 on 4.14.11 kernel with latest and previous version of Nvidia drivers).

Doing random t9-t10 maps works with no issues though...
Just checking in to say that I managed to finish merc lab when I ran with `-gc 2` command line parameter and in `Windowed` mode.

Maybe that helps someone!
Update from my experiments on this. For me, switching to direct X 9 has completely removed the problem. I guess that the updated graphics in 3.1 might have higher system requirements.
I get these same sort of crashes every single day.

Event Manager Errors:
Spoiler
Faulting application name: PathOfExile_x64.exe, version: 0.0.0.0, time stamp: 0x5a4c1e32
Faulting module name: PathOfExile_x64.exe, version: 0.0.0.0, time stamp: 0x5a4c1e32
Exception code: 0xc0000005
Fault offset: 0x000000000049e668
Faulting process ID: 0x31c
Faulting application start time: 0x01d38872a87400da
Faulting application path: C:\Program Files (x86)\Grinding Gear Games\Path of Exile\PathOfExile_x64.exe
Faulting module path: C:\Program Files (x86)\Grinding Gear Games\Path of Exile\PathOfExile_x64.exe
Report ID: 86f75e75-49bb-40a4-9c3f-d9ebbdf9d0bc
Faulting package full name:
Faulting package-relative application ID:

Spoiler
Application Hang:
The program PathOfExile_x64.exe version 0.0.0.0 stopped interacting with Windows and was closed. To see if more information about the problem is available, check the problem history in the Security and Maintenance control panel.
Process ID: 2518
Start Time: 01d3886c4b6fa49b
Termination Time: 4294967295
Application Path: C:\Program Files (x86)\Grinding Gear Games\Path of Exile\PathOfExile_x64.exe
Report Id: 5ff36d00-04fa-47c4-9295-6526dedc2ebd
Faulting package full name:
Faulting package-relative application ID:

Reliability Monitor windows 10 (X) = Path of exile crashes

the game just freezes, and you can still hear if you press flasks etc in background.

im using:

i7 4790k
16GB Ram
GTX 1070 8GB

more than enough to run this game maxed out.

i really hope a fix comes for this soon, as it is really infuriating :S
Last edited by KingCaracticus on Jan 8, 2018, 6:40:15 AM
Heres some solutions i found here in the forum and also on reddit, that just might help you out.

(1) Try DirectX 9 or 9ex instead of DirectX 10 (poe ingame settings). I also had those random crashes while mapping and lab and it seems like this solved my problem, no more crashes since two days with intensive gaming. YES, this somehow lowered my overall fps, while fighting against LAAARGE packs sometimes it gets a bit laggy, but no more crashes!

(2) Try disabling "Multithreading" in the PoE-settings.

(3) Lower your ingame graphics and do some tests to find out, if thats the problem.

(4) Use the filechecking-tool which is located in the PoE installation folder. If you have steam, try to "repair" the game through context menu.

(5) Check/reinstall graphics card drivers.

(6) Completely uninstall the game. If you have steam, check the steam subfolder "steamapps" and also 'C:\User\Documents\My Games\Path of Exile' and delete the PoE-folder (be careful, because your itemfilter is located here).

If you have the standalone version, uninstall it and manually delete the installation folder if it still exists.

Maybe use CCleaner to be completely safe.

Reinstall the game.

(7) Worst case: Reinstall windows
Last edited by DeadpanLIVE on Jan 8, 2018, 10:28:11 AM
Pretty much haven't had a single crash this whole league (one of my friends does constantly tho).
And today, I just couldn't play.. Ever 5th map or so just crashes like this. Have tried pretty much every single suggestion in this thread, nothing helps... Time to play good old minesweeper I guess.

IGN: FapclapFap

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info