[2.4] CI/LL Blade Vortex Pathfinder

"
danciderus wrote:
hey, just switched over to this build yesterday. Loving it so far, just looking for a few damage upgrades. Got 10,500 ES with discipline so pretty tanky. Is a lvl 21 BV gem worth the money?

I'd just level BVs in your offhand and vaal them when they're 2020. 2120 BV is quite nice (so I've heard. Wasn't lucky so far)

"
poeblader wrote:
vinktars got nerfed a few days ago?

I think he means this:
"
Fixed a bug where Shocking Ground and Shocking Auras were not being prevented by the Cannot be Shocked mod.
"
Purexec wrote:

I think he means this:
"
Fixed a bug where Shocking Ground and Shocking Auras were not being prevented by the Cannot be Shocked mod.

Yeah. But this pretty much only affects the Uber Atziri fight (which is going to be considerably harder), but noithing else, as far as i know. Shaper isn't shock immune, right?

"
consfearacy wrote:
Just did Minotaur+vulnerability with no phys to light or Warlord's Mark to test added Vinktar and was surprisingly able to facetank it with no deaths.

Great to hear that! I'll switch out P2L with added fire then. Great news!
I see, you prefer Controlled Destruction over Inc Crit Dmg. Is it a lot more dmg?
How this change in shock affect us?
"
BundesHeinz wrote:

"
consfearacy wrote:
Just did Minotaur+vulnerability with no phys to light or Warlord's Mark to test added Vinktar and was surprisingly able to facetank it with no deaths.

Great to hear that! I'll switch out P2L with added fire then. Great news!
I see, you prefer Controlled Destruction over Inc Crit Dmg. Is it a lot more dmg?

Depends on your gear I believe and if you can afford to lose some flask generation or not. It's pretty close for me right now (in hideout with hatred only: 31.8k controlled destruction vs 30k with Crit Dmg) and Crit Dmg might come out ahead once you factor in power charges and if I had crit on my shield/a second Diamond Ring.

I'll try to see how they compare with power charges up, but I tend to not bother with them outside of bosses anyways.
Last edited by consfearacy on Sep 30, 2016, 1:57:13 PM
If you have the currency, is going LL worth it? Do you need skyforth to make it work? How does it differ for CI?
"
BundesHeinz wrote:
I really start to wonder:
Master Herbalist or Master Alchemist?

Has anyone made any experiences with that and reached a conclusion?
I'm playing with Alchemist right now because I thought, being able to run a chalice would do the trick. Tried Uber Atziri yesterday and failed. I seemed to lack damage (but on the other hand, my last Uber run is quite some tiome ago, maybe I was just out of routine) - and that will be even worse with yesterdays Vinktars nerf. Do you guys think it would have been better with Master Herbalist?

Also: What flask Setup do you think is best? This is what I currently use

I tried playing with Witchfire Brew, but honestly, I feel that the whiole Vulnerability thing isn't actually that good. We don't need it against Packs and its kinda clunky against bosses. I think we get more dmg and better results by just running Promise.

If I would spec into Master Herbalist I would have to lose two of those (for anti shock and anti freeze) and I'm not sure which that should be. Any tips?

This is my gear. Nothing special but solid. I reach 37k Inc AoE dps with charges and Flasks up

(any advice on what would be the best place to improve gear would also be highly appreciated!)

I did some uber atziris,shaper and guardians after yesterday's shock changes. I replaced vinktar's with atziri's promise and it went really smooth. I have to say that while mapping below t16,i was using master alchemist instead of herbalist, as i think poison is not needed until you start farming shaper/uber and the non poison immune guardians. You can check out my latest broadcast, if you want to see how it went.
I have a question:
Browsing this thread, it seems like most people are capping all resistances on gear. But if you are running vinktar and taste of hate, what is the point of getting above 80% or so each on cold and lightning from gear. That plus the flasks (which each provide +75% res with the flask buffs) is more than enough to be capped even with -res maps.
Last edited by noachr on Sep 30, 2016, 8:01:17 PM
"
noachr wrote:
I have a question:
Browsing this thread, it seems like most people are capping all resistances on gear. But if you are running vinktar and taste of hate, what is the point of getting above 80% or so each on cold and lightning from gear. That plus the flasks (which each provide +75% res with the flask buffs) is more than enough to be capped even with -res maps.

you wont always have flasks up so having 169% resistances is just goo to avoid suprises
"
rhah wrote:
If you have the currency, is going LL worth it? Do you need skyforth to make it work? How does it differ for CI?

Just jumped on for end of league shenanigans to swap over from CI to LL.

Gear:

Skyforth is a luxury obviously but if you have the currency it is very much worth it. Allows you to drop valyrium/chayula and not have to run a PCoC setup. The mana reservation allows you to benefit the most from LL.

In regards to CI vs LL. CI I was running about 10k ES which made guardian fights a bit more forgiving. Shaper I feel you don't need huge ES pools unless you want to facetank the slam which shouldn't really happen when you're in BV range. I leveled to 92 without ever finding any content that couldn't be done. With LL and the current above gear, I'm at just over 7K which is a bit low. Setup is very focused towards damage though. Pretty much one-shotting packs in T15/16s.

Tooltip with inc aoe in hideout is 50k, with flasks and power charges up in a map it hits 120k with inc aoe. 78k in hideout with conc and 178k with flasks/power charges in maps.
IGN:CritCityCritCity
Last edited by vuongster on Oct 1, 2016, 2:28:03 AM
"
noachr wrote:
I have a question:

As I said before, you don't neccessarily need to be lightning and cold eleweakness capped. I'd recommend it for fire (except you're using Dying Sun)

I'm not weakness capped and I didn't really encounter problems.

"
vuongster wrote:
"
rhah wrote:

Just jumped on for end of league shenanigans to swap over from CI to LL.

Gear:

Spoiler

Skyforth is a luxury obviously but if you have the currency it is very much worth it. Allows you to drop valyrium/chayula and not have to run a PCoC setup. The mana reservation allows you to benefit the most from LL.

In regards to CI vs LL. CI I was running about 10k ES which made guardian fights a bit more forgiving. Shaper I feel you don't need huge ES pools unless you want to facetank the slam which shouldn't really happen when you're in BV range. I leveled to 92 without ever finding any content that couldn't be done. With LL and the current above gear, I'm at just over 7K which is a bit low. Setup is very focused towards damage though. Pretty much one-shotting packs in T15/16s.

Tooltip with inc aoe in hideout is 50k, with flasks and power charges up in a map it hits 120k with inc aoe. 78k in hideout with conc and 178k with flasks/power charges in maps.

Yeah, Skyforth is really nice for this. I wish I had bought one at the start of the league when it was ~15ex. Now the prices are rising faster than I can farm currency. I wasn't very lucky this league

You can get to 10k ES with Skyforth though. Probably not with Facebreakers though. I'm currently at 10.4k as LL but I got two 70 ES rings with an open prefix I didn't craft yet, so..

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info