[2.4] CI/LL Blade Vortex Pathfinder

"
Purexec wrote:
"
Rossko wrote:

So i am close to a normal Vinktars....Which one would be better? Added lightning to spells or light pen? (ofc i switch out life leech for phys to lightning then)

And what about Eye of Chayula? Would the ring be much better cause an amulett can get better mods then a ringu? Not sure there but everyone else seems to run the ring+rare amulett.

Conversion Vinktars would be the best since you're not bound to using P2L with it. (Still not quite sure whether you need P2L with a Added- Vinktars for endgame stuff. Probably?)

Well, Valyrium is pretty nice and it looks great but it has a downside compared to Chayula. It doesn't make you immune to stuns but just bases the stun treshold on ES instead of Life. I don't think it's that big of a deal for BV, but I just like to be safe.

Yeah thx so far but conversion vinktars are unfortunately around 7 Ex an i can't afford that :/
I was only talking about adde Lightning and Lightning Pen and which of these would be better :)
"
Rossko wrote:

Yeah thx so far but conversion vinktars are unfortunately around 7 Ex an i can't afford that :/
I was only talking about adde Lightning and Lightning Pen and which of these would be better :)

Ahh okay. I think Pen-Vinktars would be slightly better. I might be wrong on that one, though.
"
Conversion Vinktars would be the best since you're not bound to using P2L with it. (Still not quite sure whether you need P2L with a Added- Vinktars for endgame stuff. Probably?)

I can comment on this a bit; I got an added Vinktar early in the league with plans to switch to a conversion later, but it has actually been working out quite fine. Conversion would be better for sure, but I am able to sustain just fine even without P2L for the most part. I do have to switch P2L in for hexproof maps and I also use it when fighting guardians for added safety, but I feel I could probably get by without it. I assume P2L would be necessary for Shaper as well.

I also wanted to ask how important is it for this build to be ele weakness capped? I'm struggling to get 169% after buying a 40% dmg helm and rolling decent ES, but no resists on it and then exalting some pretty weak resists on my shield. I assume the resists from flasks is enough, but want to make sure there isn't something I'm missing.

And which of these weapons would you say is best? Higher tooltip with the wand, but I'm not sure how much of the increase is due to the cast speed.

Thanks for the guide, this is my first time playing a LL build and it's great!

Last edited by consfearacy on Sep 30, 2016, 2:11:55 AM
I really start to wonder:
Master Herbalist or Master Alchemist?

Has anyone made any experiences with that and reached a conclusion?
I'm playing with Alchemist right now because I thought, being able to run a chalice would do the trick. Tried Uber Atziri yesterday and failed. I seemed to lack damage (but on the other hand, my last Uber run is quite some tiome ago, maybe I was just out of routine) - and that will be even worse with yesterdays Vinktars nerf. Do you guys think it would have been better with Master Herbalist?

Also: What flask Setup do you think is best? This is what I currently use

I tried playing with Witchfire Brew, but honestly, I feel that the whiole Vulnerability thing isn't actually that good. We don't need it against Packs and its kinda clunky against bosses. I think we get more dmg and better results by just running Promise.

If I would spec into Master Herbalist I would have to lose two of those (for anti shock and anti freeze) and I'm not sure which that should be. Any tips?

This is my gear. Nothing special but solid. I reach 37k Inc AoE dps with charges and Flasks up

(any advice on what would be the best place to improve gear would also be highly appreciated!)
Last edited by BundesHeinz on Sep 30, 2016, 4:00:36 AM
"
consfearacy wrote:

I can comment on this a bit; I got an added Vinktar early in the league with plans to switch to a conversion later, but it has actually been working out quite fine. Conversion would be better for sure, but I am able to sustain just fine even without P2L for the most part. I do have to switch P2L in for hexproof maps and I also use it when fighting guardians for added safety, but I feel I could probably get by without it. I assume P2L would be necessary for Shaper as well.

I also wanted to ask how important is it for this build to be ele weakness capped? I'm struggling to get 169% after buying a 40% dmg helm and rolling decent ES, but no resists on it and then exalting some pretty weak resists on my shield. I assume the resists from flasks is enough, but want to make sure there isn't something I'm missing.

And which of these weapons would you say is best? Higher tooltip with the wand, but I'm not sure how much of the increase is due to the cast speed.

Thanks for the guide, this is my first time playing a LL build and it's great!

Interesting! Thanks for clarifying :)

It's always a good thing to get Ele Weakness capped but it's hard to do as LL. I'm not capped atm and it's fine. The flasks do the trick.

I think both weapons are pretty equal. It's a choice between crit and spelldmg. I don't really know. Probably go with what you find most comfortable with, I guess.

Edit: TIL that you can't use Shield Charge with a wand. I'm stupid. Removed it from the guide lol. I'd go with the Dagger then - Shield Charge / Whirling Blades is pretty nice.

"
BundesHeinz wrote:
I really start to wonder:
Master Herbalist or Master Alchemist?

Has anyone made any experiences with that and reached a conclusion?
I'm playing with Alchemist right now because I thought, being able to run a chalice would do the trick. Tried Uber Atziri yesterday and failed. I seemed to lack damage (but on the other hand, my last Uber run is quite some tiome ago, maybe I was just out of routine) - and that will be even worse with yesterdays Vinktars nerf. Do you guys think it would have been better with Master Herbalist?

Also: What flask Setup do you think is best? This is what I currently use

I tried playing with Witchfire Brew, but honestly, I feel that the whiole Vulnerability thing isn't actually that good. We don't need it against Packs and its kinda clunky against bosses. I think we get more dmg and better results by just running Promise.

If I would spec into Master Herbalist I would have to lose two of those (for anti shock and anti freeze) and I'm not sure which that should be. Any tips?

This is my gear. Nothing special but solid. I reach 37k Inc AoE dps with charges and Flasks up

(any advice on what would be the best place to improve gear would also be highly appreciated!)

I don't really find it necessary to have 5 unique flasks. I mean, you can use a Chalice instead of Antifreeze anyway since freeze is kiiinda situational and I don't think Promise is really that good. Alchemist is most likely better for Guardians and Shaper, but it's really not neccessary.
Maybe someone else has come to a better conclusion / tested this more

Gear upgrade(s): Get a belt with flask mods (reduced charges used is great), try to get a shield with more ES. More ES on the chest as well but that's harder to do than for the shield.
Last edited by Purexec on Sep 30, 2016, 5:03:21 AM
I keep hearing that. But promise is a really big damage boost. My ToH gets me from 11.8k to 15.5k dps, while Promise gets me to 17.3 (all in hideout and with inc aoe, naturally). Neccessarily, the diference only gets bigger with better gear.
Sure, I get that ToH has a really good defensive aspect and that's what makes it so good and Promise has a bad flask base, but it also has a reliable way of leeching some ES when Vinktar runs out.
Maybe it's just me but I think Promise is a really, really good flask in terms of dps.

"
BundesHeinz wrote:
I keep hearing that. But promise is a really big damage boost. My ToH gets me from 11.8k to 15.5k dps, while Promise gets me to 17.3 (all in hideout and with inc aoe, naturally). Neccessarily, the diference only gets bigger with better gear.
Sure, I get that ToH has a really good defensive aspect and that's what makes it so good and Promise has a bad flask base, but it also has a reliable way of leeching some ES when Vinktar runs out.
Maybe it's just me but I think Promise is a really, really good flask in terms of dps.

I'm gonna test Alchemist a bit more soon and do some Shaper with it as well. I'll post my conclusions when I did.

(Need to get some sets first though and my mappool has ripped again, like the 6th time this league. 120%+ Bonus does really make a difference)
Just did Minotaur+vulnerability with no phys to light or Warlord's Mark to test added Vinktar and was surprisingly able to facetank it with no deaths.

Last edited by consfearacy on Sep 30, 2016, 7:17:42 AM
hey, just switched over to this build yesterday. Loving it so far, just looking for a few damage upgrades. Got 10,500 ES with discipline so pretty tanky. Is a lvl 21 BV gem worth the money?
vinktars got nerfed a few days ago?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info