[2.4] CI/LL Blade Vortex Pathfinder

"
goldnugget wrote:

well you could always use a lifeleech gem for certain maps. another option for regen for ES builds is zealot's oath. that would mean youd need to drop vaal pact, and probably youd take the flask that grants ZO during its effect. that in combination with a stone golem and enduring cry is actually amazing for running through traps in lab. using a second or even third vaal discipline gem is pretty good too. same with vaal lightning trap. gem slots are kind of a difficult decision though.

Oh I totally forgot about the Lifeleech gem lol. Yeah, you could use that and that's probably not a bad choice as a 5/6 link as well. I think that Faster Casting/Spell Echo, IncAoE/ConcEffect, Added Fire/ContDes are better 2/3/4 links though.

You could potentially do: BV + Faster Casting + Inc AoE + Cont Des + Added Fire and switch in Life Leech if you need it. You don't neccessarily need CritStrikes/Damage/Phys to Lightning (especially Phys to Lightning is just for some extra leech from Vinktars for higher tier maps)
I'd still run the Warlord's Mark setup on top of that to leech some Mana + gain Power/Endurance Charges, though.
(I'll add that to the guide and mark it as (not yet tested))

I wouldn't recommend Zealot's Oath. Vaal Pact is essential for builds that rely on leech, especially as a semi-melee.

"
as for mana issues - i think it is solved in the long term by better gear or maybe 1 extra mana node passive. for now you can always use Rallying cry aswell. 14.8 mana regen is very significant, and the increased damage is nice.

Rallying Cry is another good option as well and could improve clearspeed a little bit as well. Good Idea. I'll experiment a little bit on that.

We have an open gem slot in the aura-setup, I thought about Decoy Totem as it really helps with bosses, but we could switch Decoy and Rallying as we please.
I'll add that to the guide as well. Thanks for your input!

"

Seems solid and could work. I think at that point you could go Low Life as well as you should have enough currency to reach atleast ~10k ES w/o CI.
I didn't think about permleagues while creating this build and most players won't get something as Skyforth and a Lvl4 Enlighten. I play a lot, but I doubt that even I will. I'll rather go Low Life once I get enough currency to buy a Shavs.
You could get a +1 curse amulet as well.
Last edited by Purexec on Sep 8, 2016, 12:09:48 AM
"
Purexec wrote:

You could get a +1 curse amulet as well.

yeah i thought about that. i might try to corrupt chayulas. once i can afford skyforth (if ever), i think a rare amulet is better though. i mean skyforth changed how stuns work. we are pathfinders so kiara's determination is a good option aswell, but probably not enough without skyforth. amulets just offer so much crit, es, resists, stats, and spell damage, and it is probably just financially impossible to corrupt good ones for +1 curse.

without skyforth there is going to be some power charge generation issues with dual curse. cant exactly have a 5 link for curse on hit - curse x2 - bv - pcoc. probably assassin's mark will be very good for maps, but not something like atziri. i don't know. vaals and chayulas are pretty cheap so ill give it a try.
Last edited by goldnugget on Sep 8, 2016, 6:44:17 AM
hows the build going bro I just seen you made a guide pretty sweet :)

I'm still all up in arms at what gems to 5-6 link and what acendacy to go I read so many different things
one guy told me to go master alchemist over bowyer/herb and I dunno if that's right

and as far as the links I'm being told all different things do you feel your set up is the best for damage?
"
poeblader wrote:
hows the build going bro I just seen you made a guide pretty sweet :)

I'm still all up in arms at what gems to 5-6 link and what acendacy to go I read so many different things
one guy told me to go master alchemist over bowyer/herb and I dunno if that's right

and as far as the links I'm being told all different things do you feel your set up is the best for damage?

Without any bigger problems so far. I did T12 Twinned Shipyard this morning to test the builds power, it was going pretty sweet. Currently working on getting better rings. Afterwards a better dagger (I really don't feel like it's that important)

Hm, I don't know for sure if this is the best setup to go with. There are many possibilities. They should all be pretty much equally good.

I don't like Master Alchemist that much. Maybe worth it for HC but I don't feel like it's that neccessary. We have a flask for nearly all elemental status ailments, we're applying shock/freeze/ignite anyway (though freeze/ignite not that much) and the 40% increased elemental damage isn't as good as Bowyer+Herbalist.

Go with Pathfinder if you have the currency / are feeling good about getting gear worth multiple exalts. If not go with Assassin or Occultist.
Last edited by Purexec on Sep 8, 2016, 6:26:49 PM
whats best dps setup?
6l BV + Faster Casting + Inc AoE/ConcEffect + Added Fire/ContDes + Critical Strikes + Phys to Lightning/Critical Damage

which over which
"
poeblader wrote:
whats best dps setup?
6l BV + Faster Casting + Inc AoE/ConcEffect + Added Fire/ContDes + Critical Strikes + Phys to Lightning/Critical Damage

which over which

For DPS probably Critical Damage. You could also use Added Fire + Cont Des or add a second Added-x instead. I don't know which one.
Phys to Lightning gives quite some damage and helps us leech more, though.

-

I finally decided to buy Rumi's. You can potentially play this build up until T12 and just use a Basalt instead. I wanted to know how long I can play without it, but a T14 Palace finally made me do it. It's advisable to get Rumi's BEFORE Vinktars, though.
Last edited by Purexec on Sep 8, 2016, 7:20:21 PM
still confused on the gems you have like added fire/con effect in your personal opinion what is the best 6 link
Last edited by poeblader on Sep 8, 2016, 9:27:42 PM
"
poeblader wrote:
still confused on the gems you have like added fire/con effect in your personal opinion what is the best 6 link

I don't know what you are confused about, but alright :)

In my personal opinion: BV + Faster Casting + IncAoE + Added Fire + Critical Strikes + Phys to Lightning.

(I use Conc Effect instead of IncAoE for bosses)
Thanks for putting this together. Some good info in here.

I'm working on a poison variant of this, using Witchfire Brew, master herbalist, Ming's Heart and the Shadow phys/chaos nodes for some huge poison stacking.

More expensive to gear, since you need dual curse, but that's offset by how cheap good ES gear is this league.
I've seen lab runners with so much ES on gear, they don't need discipline.

"
Icaros wrote:
Thanks for putting this together. Some good info in here.

I'm working on a poison variant of this, using Witchfire Brew, master herbalist, Ming's Heart and the Shadow phys/chaos nodes for some huge poison stacking.

More expensive to gear, since you need dual curse, but that's offset by how cheap good ES gear is this league.
I've seen lab runners with so much ES on gear, they don't need discipline.

hm what league are you in cause softcore es gear is expensive as fuck

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info