[2.4] CI/LL Blade Vortex Pathfinder

Got to lvl 92 with a CI BV build similar to this build. Done all guardians so far but failed miserably in the Shaper fight. 2 attempts so far and got destroyed by those vortex pools. Also felt I'm lacking burst damage to make the fight quicker. My first attempt was good and I managed to get him to the 3rd phase. The 2nd one I only got to the 2nd phase cause the arena was filled with those stupid pools. The adds phases are a pain: I tried to keep Zana alive and because of that all those little balls ended up in the middle of the arena. That's a death sentence.

My tooltip dps is 42k with Hatred: BV - Added Fire - Controlled Destruction - Spell Echo - Inc Critical Strikes - Conc Effect. I was running Phys to Lightning with 2 "adds lightning damage" vinktar's and managed to sustain almost all attacks while the flasks were up. But nonetheless, the fight is taking too long, and the Shaper is filling the screen with those stupid balls of vortex. So I dropped Phys to Light for Controlled Destr.

I was thinking about also dropping Master Herbalist for Veteran Bowyer and run Nature's Adrenalin - Master Surgeon - Nature's Boon - Veteran Bowyer. Is it really that beneficial to have the poison on hit from Master Herbalist if the build doesn't take poison and chaos damage nodes? Veteran Bowyer would give 10% increased elemental damage, 10% penetration and 100% increased flask charges when killing affected enemies. On bosses immune to ailments, that would give no benefits, but the increased elemental damage would make a huge difference, right?

Has anyone tried the Veteran Bowyer + Nature's Boon combination? Can anyone give me any advices on how to maximize the damage to kill the Shaper fast enough? I don't think I'll be able to upgrade my gear at all:

Thanks in advance.
Last edited by opethsland on Oct 2, 2016, 3:46:38 PM
"
opethsland wrote:
Got to lvl 92 with a CI BV build similar to this build. Done all guardians so far but failed miserably in the Shaper fight. 2 attempts so far and got destroyed by those vortex pools. Also felt I'm lacking burst damage to make the fight quicker. My first attempt was good and I managed to get him to the 3rd phase. The 2nd one I only got to the 2nd phase cause the arena was filled with those stupid pools. The adds phases are a pain: I tried to keep Zana alive and because of that all those little balls ended up in the middle of the arena. That's a death sentence.

My tooltip dps is 42k with Hatred: BV - Added Fire - Controlled Destruction - Spell Echo - Inc Critical Strikes - Conc Effect. I was running Phys to Lightning with 2 "adds lightning damage" vinktar's and managed to sustain almost all attacks while the flasks were up. But nonetheless, the fight is taking too long, and the Shaper is filling the screen with those stupid balls of vortex. So I dropped Phys to Light for Controlled Destr.

I was thinking about also dropping Master Herbalist for Veteran Bowyer and run Nature's Adrenalin - Master Surgeon - Nature's Boon - Veteran Bowyer. Is it really that beneficial to have the poison on hit from Master Herbalist if the build doesn't take poison and chaos damage nodes? Veteran Bowyer would give 10% increased elemental damage, 10% penetration and 100% increased flask charges when killing affected enemies. On bosses immune to ailments, that would give no benefits, but the increased elemental damage would make a huge difference, right?

Has anyone tried the Veteran Bowyer + Nature's Boon combination? Can anyone give me any advices on how to maximize the damage to kill the Shaper fast enough? I don't think I'll be able to upgrade my gear at all:

I can't really say anything about the Bowyer + Boon combination. I don't think it matters that much for Shaper, though.

Maybe try Critdmg instead of Added Fire for endgame bosses. The only thing you really need to do for Shaper is to activate the vortex balls at the outside of the arena. It can get really messy if everything is vortexed.
When it comes to the add phase I'd just stand at the portal. Activating Diamond, ToH and Rumi's is usually enough to sustain you and kill them fast enough before they reach Zana.
Spoiler

Been enjoying this build quite a lot. Any suggestions on what I should upgrade next?
I have about 12 EX to spend. Not sure if I should wait till ~16Ex and buy a 6L shavs or spend 5-6Ex on a 6L Vaal regalia.
Also considering buying Lvl 21 discipline.

Also, how much ES should I have with CI (from gear) before I switch over to LL?
Currently at 10.2K but still have 20% aura effect, 2 more levels on discipline and 1 jewel left.

Note: I'm also running Nature's Boon and Master Herbalist. Passive flask charges and %change for free flask help a lot at sustaining flasks during bosses.
Last edited by Th3LoRD on Oct 2, 2016, 7:43:35 PM
So I recently died in EHC at lvl 92. It was my stupid mistake in a shaped racecourse, was late and I was tired so I went in on the bull while he reflected= RIP.

About low-life vs CI:

In EHC I had 15k ES and 24K DPS in hideout as CI. (with inc-aoe, using Hatred/Disc)

In standard I switched to low-life and now I'm at 11k ES and 31K DPS. (with inc-aoe, using Hatred/Disc/Blasphemy+warlord's mark/clarity)

So I bought all the fragments on standard and went for shaper. In the end it went pretty smooth, none of the mini bosses provided anything I couldn't facetank. I died once because I mismanaged the vortexes in the actual shaper fight. The shaper himself was not a problem, but I didn't pay attention and wasn't able to protect Zana because there was so many vortexes under her. I blame this on being a rookie and it being my first shaper fight.

Here's my low-life gear:

Thoughts on what I should upgrade next? I'm thinking 800+ ES 6L chest. Thanks.

IGN: Abovethelaw_
Last edited by Abovethelaw on Oct 3, 2016, 1:25:04 PM
Finally killed the Shaper with the CI build. It was actually really easy after some changes I made.

First, I dropped the Blasphemy + Warlord's mark setup I was running for a Orb of Storms + Curse on Hit + Warlord's Mark + Power Charge on Crit. The power charges were up all the time and I thought it was waaaaayyyyy better than running CWDT + Tempest Shield + Power Charge on Crit.

Second, I dropped Added Fire Dmg for Controlled Destruction. My main setup became BV + Spell Echo + Increased Crit Strikes + Conc Effect + Controlled Destruction + Phys to Lightning. With this setup I felt I was dealing substantially more damage to the Shaper.

I dropped Master Herbalist for Master Alchemist as well: Nature's Adrenalin + Master Surgeon + Nature's Boon + Master Alchemist.

I exagerated with 2 Vinktars and an Overflowing Chalice, but that's what made me very comfortable and confident for the fight. It's almost impossible to not keep Vinktar up 100% of the time with Overflowing Chalice. I dropped Rumi's for a Diamond flask as well. If you run a setup like this, you won't need any mitigation from Rumi's at all lol.

Done a second fight right now, deathless this time :).

My updated gear:

Thanks a lot for all the replies I got in this topic, specially from the OP. Finally done with my goals in Essence league :).
Last edited by opethsland on Oct 3, 2016, 1:19:30 PM

I made this myself for this build :D First ever item I made.
Hi, do you think it is possible to go LL in budget of 55~60ex ? (ESC)
If it is possible, I should just follow your gear right?
Thank you in advance.
"
Thank you in advance.

Sure, 55-60ex is far more than I had.

Get a 5/6l Shavs (6l Shavs aren't worth that much on ESC. "Only" 14ex. Might as well just straight up buy one), balance out your resists and focus on shield (~500ES+) and helmet(~350ES+) to get more ES.
If you have 8.5-9.5k ES as LL you're good to go.

With such a high budget you could even think about getting Skyforth - if you do you should do some math on your resistances beforehand and see how much you need. It can be pretty tricky to cap res as LL. (Altough you can drop Chayula/Valyrium if you get Skyforth, so that might help a lot)

"
opethsland wrote:
Finally killed the Shaper with the CI build. It was actually really easy after some changes I made.

Congrats! :)

Last edited by Purexec on Oct 4, 2016, 7:04:03 AM
"
Purexec wrote:
"
Thank you in advance.

Sure, 55-60ex is far more than I had.

Get a 5/6l Shavs (6l Shavs aren't worth that much on ESC. "Only" 14ex. Might as well just straight up buy one), balance out your resists and focus on shield (~500ES+) and helmet(~350ES+) to get more ES.
If you have 8.5-9.5k ES as LL you're good to go.

With such a high budget you could even think about getting Skyforth - if you do you should do some math on your resistances beforehand and see how much you need. It can be pretty tricky to cap res as LL. (Altough you can drop Chayula/Valyrium if you get Skyforth, so that might help a lot)

Thanks for reply. I was thinking about investing 45ex on skyforth and spend 15ex on other gears but, this seems impossible because of the price of flasks.
Last edited by ironmaiden1220 on Oct 4, 2016, 9:10:19 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info