[2.4] CI/LL Blade Vortex Pathfinder

"
"
Purexec wrote:
"
Hi, do you think it is possible to go LL in budget of 55~60ex ? (ESC)
If it is possible, I should just follow your gear right?
Thank you in advance.

Sure, 55-60ex is far more than I had.

Get a 5/6l Shavs (6l Shavs aren't worth that much on ESC. "Only" 14ex. Might as well just straight up buy one), balance out your resists and focus on shield (~500ES+) and helmet(~350ES+) to get more ES.
If you have 8.5-9.5k ES as LL you're good to go.

With such a high budget you could even think about getting Skyforth - if you do you should do some math on your resistances beforehand and see how much you need. It can be pretty tricky to cap res as LL. (Altough you can drop Chayula/Valyrium if you get Skyforth, so that might help a lot)

Thanks for reply. I was thinking about investing 45ex on skyforth and spend 15ex on other gears but, this seems impossible because of the price of flasks.

Ohhh you need to buy flasks as well, no this isn't going to work then. I thought you already had those. I guess getting flasks, Shavs and good enough rares will take around 30-40ex depending on your luck.

Sadly, Skyforth prices are rising fast. I can't really keep up with that as I'm not having any great RNG. I make around 2-4ex a day but it's probably going to be 60ex until I have the 45 if it keeps on going like that, so I probably won't get a pair this league. Should've just bought them at the start of the league instead of investing into Shavs - bad decision from my side.
Last edited by Purexec on Oct 4, 2016, 10:35:00 AM
"
opethsland wrote:
Finally killed the Shaper with the CI build. It was actually really easy after some changes I made.

First, I dropped the Blasphemy + Warlord's mark setup I was running for a Orb of Storms + Curse on Hit + Warlord's Mark + Power Charge on Crit. The power charges were up all the time and I thought it was waaaaayyyyy better than running CWDT + Tempest Shield + Power Charge on Crit.

Second, I dropped Added Fire Dmg for Controlled Destruction. My main setup became BV + Spell Echo + Increased Crit Strikes + Conc Effect + Controlled Destruction + Phys to Lightning. With this setup I felt I was dealing substantially more damage to the Shaper.

I dropped Master Herbalist for Master Alchemist as well: Nature's Adrenalin + Master Surgeon + Nature's Boon + Master Alchemist.

I exagerated with 2 Vinktars and an Overflowing Chalice, but that's what made me very comfortable and confident for the fight. It's almost impossible to not keep Vinktar up 100% of the time with Overflowing Chalice. I dropped Rumi's for a Diamond flask as well. If you run a setup like this, you won't need any mitigation from Rumi's at all lol.

Done a second fight right now, deathless this time :).

My updated gear:

Thanks a lot for all the replies I got in this topic, specially from the OP. Finally done with my goals in Essence league :).

Good job on killing Shaper! Even with Vinktar shock fix, Pathfinders still good to go. But i was wondering why do you use one Vinktar on adds lightning damage to attacks, i guess it doesnt work with blade vortex and even penetration vinktar should be better this way.
Last edited by Chr0no on Oct 4, 2016, 2:38:00 PM
Finally here are some news from the hardcore front (had not much time to play last weeks).

Hit lvl 88 today, and works fine so far. Just one dangerous Situation, though i'm just doing T10 maps, wanna hit 90 before i go higher.

Char is unkillable when vinktar is up, unfortunately the gear is very expensive on hc essence. Conversion vinktar 12 ex, taste 10 ex, and so on .. but its worth it.

Here's my gear so far, i guess the next upgrade should be a 6link.

Any suggestions regarding the gear/tree?

https://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAABAIDAAPuBUIHHg18DkgOXA-rES8RUBGWFdcV7Ra_GYobJR1PHb4gbiL0JIsnqSj6KgsqOCsKLJwspiy_M4c0CjW5N0w3ZjeDPV894kGWRA1FfkjuSVFJsUuuTLNQMFJTVL1WY1fJXEBd8l9qYlpknWr6bAttGXBScLt1_X11f4B_xoLHhG-ExYauidOMNo2Sj_qTJ5UulouXBpeVl_SbtZ63oS-m66crrrOv67QMtUi7476KwzrEosedyPDK09DQ0PXTftRC1bnXz9lb35jn6ukC6rrrY-v17Bjveu-I8NXxbfId9z35M_k3_rr_EA==?accountName=Pupalaka&characterName=__C_cCc_C__

Build is most probably the strongest out there and maybe the only one which is able to kill shaper on hc.
I'll see
Last edited by KalayoGaming on Oct 4, 2016, 5:01:12 PM
"
Finally here are some news from the hardcore front (had not much time to play last weeks).

Hit lvl 88 today, and works fine so far. Just one dangerous Situation, though i'm just doing T10 maps, wanna hit 90 before i go higher.

Char is unkillable when vinktar is up, unfortunately the gear is very expensive on hc essence. Conversion vinktar 12 ex, taste 10 ex, and so on .. but its worth it.

Here's my gear so far, i guess the next upgrade should be a 6link.

Spoiler

Any suggestions regarding the gear/tree?

Spoiler
https://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAABAIDAAPuBUIHHg18DkgOXA-rES8RUBGWFdcV7Ra_GYobJR1PHb4gbiL0JIsnqSj6KgsqOCsKLJwspiy_M4c0CjW5N0w3ZjeDPV894kGWRA1FfkjuSVFJsUuuTLNQMFJTVL1WY1fJXEBd8l9qYlpknWr6bAttGXBScLt1_X11f4B_xoLHhG-ExYauidOMNo2Sj_qTJ5UulouXBpeVl_SbtZ63oS-m66crrrOv67QMtUi7476KwzrEosedyPDK09DQ0PXTftRC1bnXz9lb35jn6ukC6rrrY-v17Bjveu-I8NXxbfId9z35M_k3_rr_EA==?accountName=Pupalaka&characterName=__C_cCc_C__

Build is most probably the strongest out there and maybe the only one which is able to kill shaper on hc.
I'll see

Glad it works that well in HC for you :)

Gear is pretty nice. You could try to get a belt with some flask mods (reduced used is great)
Is there a reason you use Heart of the Oak? You could get Mind Barrier for 3p. That should give you some pretty nice ES and block.
Last edited by Purexec on Oct 4, 2016, 5:31:47 PM
EHC 91 here. Having pretty good success so far. Getting into red maps. I just spent all my chaos on buying a Taste of Hate (Vinktar conversion is 100c more expensive!).

What do you recommend for the last two flasks?

Currently I am running Basalt for extra phys mitigation and Diamond for the crit (mostly for flasks recharge). Would be interested in hearing how to roll them as well. I am thinking keep the diamond flask, roll movement speed on it. Not sure what mods I want on the Basalt flask. It seems increased duration is overkill and I don't need freeze/shock immunity sinced I picked Master Alchemist (right?).

Here is my tree, pretty basic except I picked up Void Barrier and working on less mana reserved nodes (though i'm not sure which extra aura I will run).

Tree

Any advice is appreciated! My Focus is on defense at the moment. I might scrap the mana reserve nodes for more energy shield.
Last edited by graydot on Oct 4, 2016, 5:59:02 PM
"
graydot wrote:
EHC 91 here. Having pretty good success so far. Getting into red maps. I just spent all my chaos on buying a Taste of Hate (Vinktar conversion is 100c more expensive!).

What do you recommend for the last two flasks?

Currently I am running Basalt for extra phys mitigation and Diamond for the crit (mostly for flasks recharge). Would be interested in hearing how to roll them as well. I am thinking keep the diamond flask, roll movement speed on it. Not sure what mods I want on the Basalt flask. It seems increased duration is overkill and I don't need freeze/shock immunity sinced I picked Master Alchemist (right?).

Here is my tree, pretty basic except I picked up Void Barrier and working on less mana reserved nodes (though i'm not sure which extra aura I will run).

Tree

Any advice is appreciated! My Focus is on defense at the moment. I might scrap the mana reserve nodes for more energy shield.

Basalt and Diamond is probably a good choice on HC. I'd get increased charge recovery on Diamond and Surgeon on Basalt (since Master Surgeon has just a 10% chance to give you one)
If you use Master Alchemist you won't need antifreeze/antishock. You could even drop Basalt at some point if you don't feel like needing the def or Diamond if you feel like having enough crit and use some unique flasks. For HC I'd think about Dying Sun just because of the fireres.

For your skilltree. I don't know about Void Barrier. I think Precise Interception and Mind Barrier is better ES-wise.

Precise Interception and Mind Barrier do sound better! I will look into getting a higher ES shield and respecing. Thank you!

Current shield is a bit low on ES.
Graydot, you don't have a vinktar's? It's mind boggling to me that you've played past 90 without one, you don't need the conversion flask, added spells dmg works fine.

What do you guys think about using this weapon + a added dmg vinktar's vs buying a conversion vinktar's? For my char right now, the math says it's about the same in terms of lightning damage. Conv may be a bit better after I level a bit more, but it's still close, and I can save 4ex by not using one. Seems like 20% lightning from phys is overkill anyway.
IGN: Abovethelaw_
"
D_nasty wrote:
Graydot, you don't have a vinktar's? It's mind boggling to me that you've played past 90 without one, you don't need the conversion flask, added spells dmg works fine.

I guess I don't know how to get currency quick but I only accumulated ~300 chaos by level 90. Enough to buy a Rumi + ES gear + Energy Within Jewel. I found some decent items that sold and was able to buy the Taste at a deal at 200c. But now I am broke!

That said, I am only up to t11s on the Atlas. So far nothing has given me an issue except some new bosses (Riftwalker I am looking at you!).
Last edited by graydot on Oct 5, 2016, 1:58:37 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info