Petition for brain rattler

"
raics wrote:

One thing they could do is change damage conversion to 'physical damage can shock' a la Soul Taker.

Or put it like the 3 dragons? In that lightning damage stuns and physical damage shocks :)
Would be interesting imo, would still need % chance to shock from tree or crits to proc the shock.
[2.2] The Vampire - Tanky 2H Axe Slayer Duelist - /view-thread/1611662
Last edited by Mannoth on Aug 25, 2016, 11:59:29 AM
A two handed heavy melee weapon smash build ought to trump all other physical damages. It takes up two weapon slots after all.
"
Mannoth wrote:
"
raics wrote:

One thing they could do is change damage conversion to 'physical damage can shock' a la Soul Taker.

Or put it like the 3 dragons? In that lightning damage stuns and physical damage shocks :)
Would be interesting imo, would still need % chance to shock from tree or crits to proc the shock.

Interesting idea, but wouldn't work, stun isn't exclusive to physical.
Wish the armchair developers would go back to developing armchairs.

◄[www.moddb.com/mods/balancedux]►
◄[www.moddb.com/mods/one-vision1]►
the physical stun/shock shenanigans bother me a bit since you can go hybrid damage source and full lightning with this.

Wouldn't these attributes shaft the weapon in one way or another and give favoritism?

"
In keeping with the theme of the weapon, you could also give enemies reduced Stun threshold while Shocked. Because once you've started the brain damage, it can only get worse from there. Plus it dovetails nicely with the innate Stun duration and general leaning towards Stun with 2H maces.

This is cool though, thematically sound etc but i think the modifier raics proposed has the same effect so i will not add it to the list.
(stunned enemy's get shocked = they would take more damage on the next hit which acts as a great stun reduction threshold modifier in itself)

Peace,

-Boem-
Freedom is not worth having if it does not include the freedom to make mistakes
What about something like (one of these, not all):

- Ignore lightning resist vs stunned enemies (like Inevitable Judgement)
- Enemies which were shocked recently suffer a lightning resist penalty
- Enemies which were stunned recently suffer a lightning resist penalty
- Enemies which were shocked recently have their stun threshold reduced
- Double stun duration if you shocked an enemy recently
[2.2] The Vampire - Tanky 2H Axe Slayer Duelist - /view-thread/1611662
It would be nice to get that crappy Flee removed. I can get behind this. Seems like a lot of good suggestions are here.

I would ask that the "Support by Innverate" is made something like "Melee attacks using this weapon" Not, "Socketed gems". It gets really old having to 6l THAT specifically, rather than reuse a chest I've already got. I could understand why they'd keep it IN weapon...But I'd rather they didn't.4

I do really like the Shocked Ground idea too. Right now our only source to make that is Vaal Lightning Trap, right? Can you imagine running Atziri, and NOT running a Vaal skill to make split phases easier?

- Sheepster
I came up with another interesting one.

but i have no idea how to word it on a unique in an elegant sentence.

Basically shock and stun modifiers double dip on one another.

What this means is that

stun threshold reduction% also counts as shock %
Stun duration % also counts as shock duration %
Shock duration% also counts as stun duration %
shock% also counts as stun threshold reduction%

The tree suddenly becomes infinitely more complex for a build using this weapon, your not double dipping on damage but on potential ailments.

Now shocking rares could becomes quite easy and stunning bosses rather then shocking can provide safety.

So you have an average dps mace, but with interesting mechanical and in-game potential.

"shock and stun modifiers apply to both ailments" or something in that route?

Or just call it "ancient wrath while equipping this weapon" and make a wiki page :p.

Peace,

-Boem-
I'm with you.

How about, "Your Lightning damage is Lucky"

Pretty powerful, and should help deal with high resist monsters.
For try, for see, and for know.

This is a buff
"
Etherfire wrote:
I'm with you.

How about, "Your Lightning damage is Lucky"

Pretty powerful, and should help deal with high resist monsters.

Hadn't thought of that, that is indeed quite powerful and might even push this mace into full on caster territory.

However, it only converts 50% to lightning so i have no clue how a hybrid build would roll its partial lightning damage and if that's mechanically possible.

The only downside is that it doesn't really fit the current theme of the mace, but i think that is offset by the potential to see witches running around casting arc with a mace in their hands.

Ill add it, though i think it's one of the lesser choices considering the overall theme of the mace if we respect the item as a whole. And i think this could be implemented with low effort.

Cheers.

Peace,

-Boem-
you should send this thread and idea to pm of some staff members, I doubt they will read general threads since they are working hard on the next patch.

a pm would probably be better... or reddit

I would do it myself but I am already harassing chris PM about pvp haha
Poe Pvp experience
https://youtu.be/Z6eg3aB_V1g?t=302
Last edited by Head_Less on Aug 25, 2016, 12:49:40 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info