Petition for brain rattler

Thx everybody for posting, it's cool to see i am not alone in this sentiment and our community has quite the bunch of M's who still focus on melee despite the hurdles the game throws at us.

I'll take some time reading the post's, but thanks in advance.

Peace,

-Boem-

edit :

To reiterate what this thread is about, i made this thread in the hopes that GGG might revision one of the less favored stats on the unique mace revealed. It will not make it "top-end" due to this change, but might provoke more people into trying it out.

"
Boem wrote:
Mod i am making this petition for

- 10% chance to cause flee

Yes melee needed a slap in the face. A niche mace like this that will undoubtedly be used in a funky build requires slowing down of it's clear speed.(forgive the slight sarcasm)

Suggested alternatives to this mod

- All melee leech modifiers also apply to lightning damage(both mana/life)

- 10% chance on hit to create shocked ground

- 20% chance to root enemy in place with melee attacks

- gems in this weapon are supported by lvl 15 innervate (credit to innervation)

- Stunned enemy's are shocked (credit to raics)

- Your lightning damage is lucky (credit to Etherfire)

Obviously i am only suggesting changing chance to flee in one of these modifiers, but these are the ones i could come up with fitting the theme of the mace.

edit2 : Thx to Snorkle for his detailed post on melee and a brief explanation why he would never utilize it.(somewhat summarizing the downsides of going "slow elemental 2h melee")
Obviously this weapon will be for quirky builds and never reach top-end potential of a full physical 600+dps 2h. But my intention is not to get it on par with such weapons or feats.

However for being what it is in the current game-state, it can really do without the chance to flee and perhaps even get a functional stat in it's place.

Even then, it will still not compete with full-out meta 2h builds in my opinion.

And obviously thanks to all the others that responded.

@TheVoid

While the shock prolif attribute is great, i don't wish to fully redesign this mace as you have. It is quite functional already in it's current state baring the chance to flee just being "tagged on" for whatever reason.

Further more, reducing the conversion to 20% would destroy the concept of a full lightning based conversion mace wielder which i think is one of the cool things this weapon allows.

And the 50% reduced lightning damage reflection is a stat GGG will never implement since it warrants a heavy drawback and i don't want a 20% chance to flee on this weapon.(hehé?)

@Namcap

Just read your suggestion on page 6

1% damage and movement speed per enemy shocked recently.

I do tend to like things like this since it emulates getting charged with energy, which does align with the lightning theme of the mace.
However since we already have the innervate as a suggestion and this comes very close to what onslaught would do for you i will not add it.

Thanks for your post's all.

Peace,

-Boem-
Freedom is not worth having if it does not include the freedom to make mistakes
Last edited by Boem on Aug 26, 2016, 7:56:38 AM
Do you think every unique from the 4 bosses is intended to be good? I was thinking that maybe they want one GG unique and one crappy unique for each boss, feeding the crappy ones through trading to players that have not yet reached that end-game and RNG determining if you get the good ones, making farming for them harder. In the end if not every boss has the same level of possible rewards it will make them unbalanced and the price on the map fragments will have to compensate for the bad uniques... or maybe there are some bosses that are harder and have the best uniques while others are easier and have a chance at a lower unique reward.
"
Aerinx wrote:
Do you think every unique from the 4 bosses is intended to be good? I was thinking that maybe they want one GG unique and one crappy unique for each boss, feeding the crappy ones through trading to players that have not yet reached that end-game and RNG determining if you get the good ones, making farming for them harder. In the end if not every boss has the same level of possible rewards it will make them unbalanced and the price on the map fragments will have to compensate for the bad uniques... or maybe there are some bosses that are harder and have the best uniques while others are easier and have a chance at a lower unique reward.

That's true,but the thread is more about the fear chance,its just pointless. I mean,even if you completely remove this,it will still be a buff to the item. No unique should beat disfavour (in what it does) and i hope it never will,but variety can't hurt the game,only open more options,and 2h melee weapons lack these i think. All we have is "this does more damage than that" and nothing "unique",and it seems that this mace has the potential to make something about this,i guess thats why people want this mod changed to something fun to play with.

Maybe something like this (might be op,no idea)

Can only shock enemies via this weapon(melee skills),shocked enemies doesn't take extra damage,but you get 100% crit chance against them.
"
Aerinx wrote:
Do you think every unique from the 4 bosses is intended to be good?

I hope it's intended to be a "good unique design". Which it already is, it enables unique builds and offers some cool stuff to play around with.

But it would even be better without the chance to flee, even if its a filler stat, it's one that discourages the use of the item.

For example, it wouldn't have the same effect on a bow, since they are not negatively impacted ever if it proqs. However for melee there is an off-chance of it proqing resulting in you having to chase down a unit you wouldn't normally have to chase.

It's similar to how fire status ailments work on monkeys, it makes them scatter all over the place and i have never had somebody tell me "well that's great, it looks fun", rather the opposite.

It's experienced as an annoyance, so people will associate that feeling with this mace simply because the stat is put on it.

I can follow the rest of your logic, but it's rather irrelevant to this thread. I don't wish to make this mace extremely powerful as you would portray.

Peace,

-Boem-
I haven't studied the paths through the Atlas, but the power of the guardian unique may be a reflection on how GGG views the difficulty of the path. Just a thought, tho.
Sometimes, just sometimes, you should really consider adapting to the world, instead of demanding that the world adapts to you.
Last edited by Phrazz on Aug 26, 2016, 11:10:53 AM
"
Boem wrote:
"
Aerinx wrote:
Do you think every unique from the 4 bosses is intended to be good?

I hope it's intended to be a "good unique design". Which it already is, it enables unique builds and offers some cool stuff to play around with.

But it would even be better without the chance to flee, even if its a filler stat, it's one that discourages the use of the item.

For example, it wouldn't have the same effect on a bow, since they are not negatively impacted ever if it proqs. However for melee there is an off-chance of it proqing resulting in you having to chase down a unit you wouldn't normally have to chase.

It's similar to how fire status ailments work on monkeys, it makes them scatter all over the place and i have never had somebody tell me "well that's great, it looks fun", rather the opposite.

It's experienced as an annoyance, so people will associate that feeling with this mace simply because the stat is put on it.

I can follow the rest of your logic, but it's rather irrelevant to this thread. I don't wish to make this mace extremely powerful as you would portray.

Peace,

-Boem-
Yeah, sorry if that was derailing, I thought you wanted the unique to be usable on end game. I use something with chance to flee and about that I have some things to say.

First is that low chance to flee like that one is only relevant with high hits per second, if you don't have those it is largely irrelevant for the most part and the occasional flee hit will only irk you if you want to fully clear.

Second is that chance to flee is irrelevant too when your clear is high enough, since you will kill the mobs fast enough and they will not go far before dying.

Third is that fleeing coupled with any slow is enough to avoid the flee make your clear speed slower.

Fourth is that reliable fleeing makes for a great defense boost against those mobs that will hit you since you can't kill them fast enough.

Fifth is a personal plea, I usually like your posts and find them insightful, but please learn to use the correct use of your and you're, every time I see one of those used incorrectly in your posts it makes me feel a desire to hit you in the head and after that I feel sad because I can't overcome the subjectivity of having read that and I rate the post as bad even when I agree with you.

--

I think that chance to flee is not a great stat to have on a slow weapon and any of the changes I've seen here are much more interesting, but at the same time I think it does not matter much if the weapon will not be able to compete and be used in the zones that drop it along with the thought that, while being not interesting and boring, that mod will be mostly irrelevant in how the weapon works. It might devaluate the perceived value, but not the real value of the weapon. Maybe with Cyclone you can reliably proc the fleeing chance, I'm not sure. Other mods could increase the value though, I think fleeing chance is mostly neutral.
Last edited by Aerinx on Aug 26, 2016, 7:40:53 PM
^
Spoiler
i am not a native english speaker, so i write your and you're without giving it much thought.
I simply write down how it sounds in my mind which is why i generally make grammatical errors like that.
Honestly it's an international forum and if i can get my message across i am satisfied even if that message contains errors like that.

Apologies if it irks you, but it will happen again in the future i am sure since i write my post's in a few seconds and don't reread them.

I agree with the rest of your post, however given the nature of this mace it could do without the flee chance or even have it replaced with something beneficial to top it off.

There is a very low chance of making this BiS ore OP by adding another fun modifier onto it that is not %flee.
Specially considering the downsides of a slow elemental oriented build with low crit base.

And if that's not enough, it's a 2h weapon, need i say more? Basically, throw us a bone here.

Peace,

-Boem-
Agree that the mods presented would make the item better (and that the item could be better without being broken)
IGN - Xukai

Mirror Service - /1046531
Thank god this mace got saved, ice crash it is.

Peace,

-Boem-
"
Boem wrote:
Thank god this mace got saved, ice crash it is.

Peace,

-Boem-

Do you mean because ice crash got a buff, or because the mace got a buff?

(and if the second one is true, could you post a link?)

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info