Petition for brain rattler

"
Nssheepster wrote:

You mean Voidheart? No wait...Bleed AND Poison.

Or wait...Disfavour?

Shut up ranged player. You've no love for melee. I may play both...But melee is way more fun.
I wasn't agreeing with them >.>
I agree that the "chance to flee" mod makes this mace less useful and would like to see it changed.

The purpose of this mace seems to be debilitation of the enemy's mind, and the flavour text references the limits of the skull.

As the brain floats in the skull, severe blows to the skull usually result in damage to the area hit and the opposite area as the brain sloshes around.

Given that a (slight) majority of medieval head wounds are on the left side of the brain (right handed weapon use) they are more likely to affect Broca's area - where speech is controlled.

I'd suggest the following change:

replace chance to flee with x% chance of incapacitating blow.

1) Incapacitating blow would multiply the damage (as the brain sloshes around) Possibly 2-3 times? This damage chance would NOT be effected by critical chance modifiers.

2)Incapacitating blow would have a flat % chance to "Silence" the target for a short period of time - since the blow is hitting the victim's speech area.

3)Incapacitating blow would have a small, but flat % chance to stun ANY monster, whether immune to status effects or not, or despite map mods. This chance would not be affected by other chance to stun mods, but the stun duration might be affected. Given the ability to bypass curse immunity, I don't think this would be out of line.

PoE Origins - Piety's story http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2081910
I disagree with changing it, it gives a nice possiblity of ele 2h mace builds that could go with inquisitor, as it is there isn't many 2h meleee templars. At most replace chance to flee with something useful, keep everything else.
Last edited by NetherPrime on Aug 25, 2016, 11:24:03 PM
"
NetherPrime wrote:
I disagree with changing it, it gives a nice possiblity of ele 2h mace builds that could go with inquisitor, as it is there isn't many 2h meleee templars. At most replace chance to flee with something useful, keep everything else.

This ENTIRE thread is JUST to get Chance to Flee changed to something useful. Nothing else. You DID read the OP, right?

- Sheepster
"
NetherPrime wrote:

a. read. the. op.

b. terrible, terrible, terrible inquisitor weapon.

I mean, seriously.

https://www.pathofexile.com/ascendancy/classes/Inquisitor

you see much synergy here for a RT ele mace? Any synergy?

Literally, the only use i can see templar deriving from that mace is an ancestral warchief hierophant -whackamole. And you can literally do that with any other weapon.

+1 for mace revamp

Honestly, I would go even further with the changes.

Here are a few mods I'd like to suggest/see changed:

- reflected lightning attack damage is reduced by 50%
if you have ever played a hard hitting melee character, it's not the phys reflect that scares you
still themaic and encourages you to go full ham on lightning damage

- xx% of your melee physical damage is added as extra lightning damage (instead of conversion mod)
would encourage players to use this mace, even if they are not full into lightning damage

- on shocking an enemy, nearby enemies are shocked

or, maybe even better

- shocks caused by your melee attacks proliferate (small radius, 10?)
this mod(s) would help out a gread deal with the hard to get % chance to shock from the tree/gear/gems (clear speed meta) and would probalby open up applications for underused skills like Sunder or EQ(lulz)

Best regards
TheVoid

My "Dream Rattler"

Last edited by TheVoid on Aug 26, 2016, 3:41:17 AM
"
TheVoid wrote:

- on shocking an enemy, nearby enemies are shocked

THIS. This with Melee Splash and flat chance, AFAIK, would make it possible to shock...somewhat reliably, with RT and tree chance to shock.

Yes, I know, I said the taboo words...Melee Splash. But AFAIK, the flat shock would roll per monster, as Shocks are based on HP, and ever monster in the splash radius could have different HP. If it IS individually rolled, then a pack of 5 monsters with a 20% chance to shock...You could actually shock ALL by shocking one.

THIS would actually make the mace great, and give us a desperately needed new RT weapon. Right now...RT is just bad, most times. Spend the extra passives to get crit, triple your damage. We need good Uniques that work well with RT.

- Sheepster
The chance to create shocking ground is so damn cool and it fits the weapon perfectly.

Please GGG, MAKE THIS HAPPEN!
Its a great weapon concept, i hope GGG Buffs it so it can keep up with atziri+marohi.

As of right now it feels way to inferior compared to other chaeper 2h weapons!

Please GGG dont let this become another kongors Axe -,- :)

PS: NO CHANCE TO FLEE PLZ NO!
Last edited by hitreza on Aug 26, 2016, 6:40:08 AM
"
hitreza wrote:
Please GGG dont let this become another kongors Axe -,- :)

It's a maul actually, and it got somewhat invigorated with the introduction of elemental overload so it isn't a bad weapon nowadays if you can find a good roll (which admittedly can be tricky because the range is so wide).
Wish the armchair developers would go back to developing armchairs.

◄[www.moddb.com/mods/balancedux]►
◄[www.moddb.com/mods/one-vision1]►

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info