Petition for brain rattler

I am making this petition since i just watched the bow release video.

As a result i am quite disappointed and since i am not a redditor i will make a petition on these forums, feel free to link it to reddit if somebody wants.

No clue how to go about this so i will just type what i'm thinking, quite straightforward.

Mod i am making this petition for

- 10% chance to cause flee

Yes melee needed a slap in the face. A niche mace like this that will undoubtedly be used in a funky build requires slowing down of it's clear speed.(forgive the slight sarcasm)

Suggested alternatives to this mod

- All melee leech modifiers also apply to lightning damage(both mana/life)

- 10% chance on hit to create shocked ground

- 20% chance to root enemy in place with melee attacks

- gems in this weapon are supported by lvl 15 innervate (credit to innervation)

- Stunned enemy's are shocked (credit to raics)

- Your lightning damage is lucky (credit to Etherfire)

Obviously i am only suggesting changing chance to flee in one of these modifiers, but these are the ones i could come up with fitting the theme of the mace.

Considering the attack speed of this weapon, none of these are broken and elemental always struggles with leech, this is no different for melee builds who actually rely on it making the conversion to lightning actually a downside when it comes to sustain.

shocked ground is strong, but the low proq rate combined with the attack speed of the weapon makes it a cool buff when it happens and thematically cool.

Rooting is beneficial since it allows re-positioning without danger, again attack speed + proq rate does not make this overpowered.(specified to melee attacks to prevent spectral/lightning strike projectile abuse)

Giving 100% efficient leech to builds using this weapon is also a fun thing that can make it appealing, since you could actually use the leech on rings/jewels/globes/passive tree and not be restricted to the limited 4% global life leech (gem + duelist leech) and left without mana leech on a full conversion build.

We get a mace and it's a slow attacking elemental one and then we get to see this bow release on a harbinger base. Fuck me i'm a bit mad and i don't get mad easily.

That is all, hope i am not alone on this "crusade". Vote, give your opinion and hope this get's reiterated before release.

\o/ Make melee great \o/

Peace,

-Boem-

edit : added suggestion from innervation to add innervate (heh)
edit2 : added suggestion from raics to shock enemy's that are stunned
edit 3: added Etherfire's suggestion since it gives the item a very fun twist.
Freedom is not worth having if it does not include the freedom to make mistakes
Last edited by Boem on Aug 25, 2016, 12:44:49 PM
Last bumped on Sep 28, 2016, 6:44:08 PM
Gems in this item are supported by level 1 Innervate.
Doo eeeet and take my
Money!
No Problem,
Exile
"
innervation wrote:

Made me chuckle when reading your name :-)
No Problem,
Exile
Honestly I didn't see an issue with the chance to flee. Many builds are so powerful now that white mobs will just die (being one shot negates any chance to flee).

You can't cause unique monsters to flee.

What about magic and rare monsters? I'm too lazy to check the wiki, but I'm pretty sure chance to flee doesn't affect rare monsters either.

So this leaves us with magic monsters. True, some of these mobs are pretty beefy and you may actually see the chance to flee mod proc on them. This is somewhat reduced when you factor in that when you shock enemies (which you have an equal chance of doing), their movement speed is reduced.

So chances are strong that when you finally make monsters flee, they'll do so at hilarious speeds.

That being said, I'm not opposed to seeing some cool shocked ground action going on with this mace, since the Minotaur Guardian fight has shock pillars in it.

Peace,

-The Mad Arab
Bring back race seasons.
"
AbdulAlhazred wrote:
Honestly I didn't see an issue with the chance to flee. Many builds are so powerful now that white mobs will just die (being one shot negates any chance to flee).

You can't cause unique monsters to flee.

What about magic and rare monsters? I'm too lazy to check the wiki, but I'm pretty sure chance to flee doesn't affect rare monsters either.

So this leaves us with magic monsters. True, some of these mobs are pretty beefy and you may actually see the chance to flee mod proc on them. This is somewhat reduced when you factor in that when you shock enemies (which you have an equal chance of doing), their movement speed is reduced.

So chances are strong that when you finally make monsters flee, they'll do so at hilarious speeds.

That being said, I'm not opposed to seeing some cool shocked ground action going on with this mace, since the Minotaur Guardian fight has shock pillars in it.

Peace,

-The Mad Arab

Point is, its a shit mod while the bow on the other hand.......
Mark_GGG 2012
If you put on your full plate mail, and I throw hundreds of toothpicks at you, you'll basically not feel it.

If someone catapults a whole tree at you, don't expect the Armour to prevent as much of the damage.
"
Auxion wrote:
Point is, its a shit mod while the bow on the other hand.......

No. I get it. The mace could be stronger, and I agreed with that. I just don't think the chance to flee mod is making it any weaker and I don't understand the hate generated towards that one trivial mod in particular.

It's a thematic fit for a crushing blow to the skull, it has a low chance of ever being applied, and generally when it is the fleeing monster will also be slowed, making catching up to it trivial at best.

The mace could be stronger. Should be stronger. And there's still plenty of room for additional mods to do that. And I think chance to generate shocked ground would be an excellent fit (especially if it also applied to you, similar to the Minotaur shock pillars applying shock to anything).
Bring back race seasons.
"
innervation wrote:

I considered this actually, but i don't know if it would proq if you instant kill a mob and the shock rolls on it?(since its a slow base weapon, this is very likely to happen)

Innervate seems more like a speed oriented(read = normal elemental set-up) support gem, since you hit fast and apply shocks rapidly, proqing the effect.

@abdul,

Exactly, it's a filler mod that in the best case scenario won't proq and in the worst case make enemy's run all over the place.

Might as-well give it a filler mod that is actually fun i reckon.

Peace,

-Boem-

edit : abdul, both value's having 15% doesn't mean fleeing enemy's will be shocked, since both will roll interdependently.
Nothing says that quick enemy's won't just scatter away all over the place if you don't also land that shock.

Freedom is not worth having if it does not include the freedom to make mistakes
Last edited by Boem on Aug 25, 2016, 5:00:58 AM
"
Boem wrote:
edit : abdul, both value's having 15% doesn't mean fleeing enemy's will be shocked, since both will roll interdependently.
Nothing says that quick enemy's won't just scatter away all over the place if you don't also land that shock.

I realized that. But considering how much base damage the mace deals, in addition to chance to flee's effects on monster types above, boils down to most monsters not being affected by it, and equally likely to be shocked (and slowed).

Which again I think is only a problem with blue packs.

Especially if you get necromantic vigil. Lmao
Bring back race seasons.
"
Boem wrote:
I considered this actually, but i don't know if it would proq if you instant kill a mob and the shock rolls on it?(since its a slow base weapon, this is very likely to happen)

It would, status rolls before the enemy is terminated, it isn't really an attack speed support, we might say it's in fact the opposite. It would be a pretty nice mod I think, Innervate is a solid gem but no better than what Marohi has.
Wish the armchair developers would go back to developing armchairs.

◄[www.moddb.com/mods/balancedux]►
◄[www.moddb.com/mods/one-vision1]►
Last edited by raics on Aug 25, 2016, 5:10:18 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info