Petition for brain rattler

Thats the sad thing too, it actually has a really fucking good mod on it for Melee characters, that being the 30% reduced cast speed to shocked enemies.

Im actually curious as well, is the mechanic a unique debuff which lasts a specified amount of time after theyre shocked, or if it only lasts as long as the shock does. If it only lasts as long as the shock does than it is significantly worse.

I thought it was a decent flavor mace at best but after going over it one more time im seeing flaws like the one i just mentioned being potential major issues. It seriously just pales in comparison completely to the bow.

Im not even going to lie, im salty as fuck after seeing the bow as a guy who plays melee. Not once have they released a OP or really good 2H melee weapon (especially not an accessible one). Disfavour is good, dont get me wrong, but if you compare what disfavour does for a melee build vs what this bow or the current Iteration of Reach of The Council does, it pales in comparison as well.

Hegemony's Era, good, but its only good if you have the gear for it (crit 2h melee gear is very expensive and even then its not significantly better than RT for the cost efficiency). Its also pretty rare.
Harvest sucks! But look at my decked out gear two weeks in!

Labyrinth salt farm miner.

"But my build diversity" , "Game is too hard!" - Meta drone playing the same 1-3 builds for years.
Last edited by Tin_Foil_Hat on Aug 25, 2016, 5:11:00 AM
"
Tin_Foil_Hat wrote:
Im actually curious as well, is the mechanic a unique debuff which lasts a specified amount of time after theyre shocked, or if it only lasts as long as the shock does. If it only lasts as long as the shock does than it is significantly worse.

It's the latter, additional debuffs are just tacked onto Shock, similar to Taryn's Shiver effect.
Wish the armchair developers would go back to developing armchairs.

◄[www.moddb.com/mods/balancedux]►
◄[www.moddb.com/mods/one-vision1]►
"
Tin_Foil_Hat wrote:
Thats the sad thing too, it actually has a really fucking good mod on it for Melee characters, that being the 30% reduced cast speed to shocked enemies.

Easy solution. Vessel of Vinktar. You're already in melee range.
Bring back race seasons.
"
raics wrote:
"
Boem wrote:
I considered this actually, but i don't know if it would proq if you instant kill a mob and the shock rolls on it?(since its a slow base weapon, this is very likely to happen)

It would, status rolls before the enemy is terminated, it isn't really an attack speed support, we might say it's in fact the opposite. It would be a pretty nice mod I think, Innervate is a solid gem but no better than what Marohi has.

That's cool to know, i will add it to the list of suggestions, but i'm making it lvl 15 since that only effects the duration of the buff.

@abdul, we basically agree but you don't mind it.

And i didn't either, until i saw the bow release.

If the bow had "15% chance to create proximity shield at hit location" i wouldn't have made this thread.

Peace,

-Boem-

edit : @tin foil, vinktars is going to be mandatory for a build running this to hard counter caster bosses.
It's not going to be worth it to aim to "hit shock" bosses.
Freedom is not worth having if it does not include the freedom to make mistakes
Last edited by Boem on Aug 25, 2016, 5:16:51 AM
"
AbdulAlhazred wrote:
"
Tin_Foil_Hat wrote:

Easy solution. Vessel of Vinktar. You're already in melee range.
1 use though unless youre crit, youre probably not going to play crit with this mace. Feelsbadman.

Edit- Plus you have to use a grounding flask on yourself right ? I dont have a vessel at all right now. It shocks you soo you have to have a grounding on one of your other flasks to remove the self shock in order to be safe with it.
Harvest sucks! But look at my decked out gear two weeks in!

Labyrinth salt farm miner.

"But my build diversity" , "Game is too hard!" - Meta drone playing the same 1-3 builds for years.
Last edited by Tin_Foil_Hat on Aug 25, 2016, 5:20:13 AM
^2 uses if you take the reduced flask charges used cluster right top of duelist and a 20% reduced flask belt.

But a bit irrelevant to the thread i think.

Peace,

-Boem-
Freedom is not worth having if it does not include the freedom to make mistakes
"
Boem wrote:

If the bow had "15% chance to create proximity shield at hit location" i wouldn't have made this thread.

lmao, would love to see this.
Mark_GGG 2012
If you put on your full plate mail, and I throw hundreds of toothpicks at you, you'll basically not feel it.

If someone catapults a whole tree at you, don't expect the Armour to prevent as much of the damage.
am just so sad, so so sad.
Melee 2h is like bullied by the devs so much
Poe Pvp experience
https://youtu.be/Z6eg3aB_V1g?t=302
Last edited by Head_Less on Aug 25, 2016, 5:26:33 AM
I was ok with the mace being as it was, strong but nothing crazy, good enough levelling item, but yeah, compared to that bow it is just a bit of a piss take. Not raging against the bow, I acutally like it even if it is very strong, but the mace could really do with a buff to be on par. Like the idea of applying leech to the ele damage, think that would make it quite interesting
i am super disappointed in the mace in comparison to the bow--the bow gets neato effects that can be used with a huge range of things to great effect, while the mace is... well "lackluster" is putting it lightly.

i'd love to see the same kind of innovative ideas they're throwing at spells and ranged attacks go towards melee for a change, jesus.

edit: count this as a 'sign' for this petition of yours. anything that would help this mace's electric theme would be fine--i'd love to see some emberwake-style "you can shock enemies multiple times (at a reduced effect of shock to compensate)"

then it'd be a matter of stacking up that attack speed/damage and going to town.
Last edited by AndIMustMask on Aug 25, 2016, 6:52:21 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info