Petition for brain rattler

Made my first ever reddit post and it's to get "chance to flee" removed from a unique.

Who would have guessed that.

Anyway, i will let this roll a bit and see peoples stances on the mater.

Peace,

-Boem-
Freedom is not worth having if it does not include the freedom to make mistakes
I want something like "1% increased damage and movement speed for every enemy shocked recently".

It doesn't fit with the theme of brain rattling, but it would be awesome and help bring up this subpar damage weapon (considering it is coming from a freaking t16 boss and not merc Brutus).

Maybe change the wording to make it work.

Stuns and shocks cause your enemies' brains to rattle. Gain 1% damage/movement speed for every brain rattled recently.

And then the flavor text would be "Keep on rattlin' "
It seems like a stacking debuff would be nice. You rattle a brain once, it lowers stun and shock resistance, and then keeps on stacking up. Theoretically, this would allow you to get NO shock chance and just stack AS as RT, and eventually shock for free.

Any kind of stacking debuff would fit with the brain rattling theme.

The lingering question is...We're 6 pages in, and we've no idea if GGG is even going to consider removing the bad mod. Even without the Chance To Flee...The weapon is NOT worth T16s. Disfavour is straight better, so.....IDK. Maybe GGG will make this good, but after seeing the icky bow, the icky amulet, the icky ring..... I'm not really certain that it's likely to happen.

At least the ring will have some niche uses.

- Sheepster
"
Boem wrote:
"
Etherfire wrote:
I'm with you.

How about, "Your Lightning damage is Lucky"

Pretty powerful, and should help deal with high resist monsters.

Hadn't thought of that, that is indeed quite powerful and might even push this mace into full on caster territory.

However, it only converts 50% to lightning so i have no clue how a hybrid build would roll its partial lightning damage and if that's mechanically possible.

The only downside is that it doesn't really fit the current theme of the mace, but i think that is offset by the potential to see witches running around casting arc with a mace in their hands.

Ill add it, though i think it's one of the lesser choices considering the overall theme of the mace if we respect the item as a whole. And i think this could be implemented with low effort.

Cheers.

Peace,

-Boem-

You might want to change that to: "Your melee lightning damage is lucky"

I really don't want this to be a caster weapon and then get voltaxic'd.

Also, the mod can be changed in some way to fit the item more thematically. It just needs something really powerful to keep up with the bow.
For try, for see, and for know.

This is a buff
ya ill sign it, chance to flee is a negative mod, its a downside, why does this mace need another downside like that?

theres some salt in this post, you were warned. Its honest salt, shit happens.

I dunno, I think its a shit mace tbh. This is what Im seeing, Inquisitor is broken as fk because ignore resist is insane, when I say insane, its what physical damage is all the time without needing an ascendancy to give in on X condition. Why would I want to start with a non crit physical damage weapon and turn it into lightning only to have to do further fucking around to reduce/ignore resists or find a way to shock bosses etc in order to simply get the damage back I lost by converting? f that shit, awful, ele damage is garbage and so is this mace imo.

Its a mace = downside

It converts to ele = downside

It has flee = downside

What exactly is the + side all this negative stuff is 'balancing'? Its not even good for a skin because you need to be using a mace to skin it on. Why would I use a 2h mace? Marohi? Awful weapon, barely worth the alchemy orb it costs you on xyz.

I like the innervate idea, at least it would then have a little niche of build options that are interesting and potentially powerful enough to justify playing them, hopefully? Maybe? Supported by mid level innervate or lighting pen. Still dont think ull be seeing me using it either way tbh.

honestly Im with some of the others in here who would just like to see a really good non crit melee unique weapon in the game. I feel like melee weapons are in an odd place, its rly fking hard to find a 300 pdps 1h weapon, and if you make a unique 1h 300pdps then its sort of pushing out any rare u can ever hope to find in 1000s of hours play. But its also decent, nothing below that is going to do much damage without being high high crit. Some of those new unique claws are pretty cool but I just feel like theyre not even chin sol/lioneyes glare lvl of power.

I could take a 1c bow like that and do LA, Iceshot, Tornado, Split, Rain, Puncture traps, Frenzy, all manner of shit and just demolish content. If I did a 1h mele build what skills could I effectively do that with using a binos, scaeva, anguish etc? Reave and maybe frostblades, 2 skills. With a 2h weapon? Earthquake, 1 skill. I think its hard to make really good unique melee weapons because theres so few skills actually on the table for melee that you look at it and think what builds can I actually play with this new 2h weapon? Well theres only 1 build thats even on the cards as possible and that puts the whole thing in a really horrible position, theres so little flexibility and comparative thinking becomes so narrow.

Do I want to take some kind of theorycraft trip into RT pure lightning earthquake to try and make this item work? No, end of story on this entire weapon, for me its garbage purely based on that no, thats the sort of matchbox of possibility we are living in with 2h RT weapons from where im standing. Its been that way for ages, cyclone was the 1 skill that could just about live in a world with spells and bows, now it does about 1/3 of the damage it did before and has less aoe, is absolute garbage, but they added earthquake so we are back to having 1 skill thats even worth considering.

in b4 they nerf earthquake because people love 2h melee and hence the 1 actual on par skill out there is so high on the usage stats. Just a heads up, when they nerf earthquake Im going all out nuke it from orbit salty. Just like cyclone, I will forever be relentlessly horrible to GGG about cyclone until they completely un nerf it, which will almost certainly never happen, and they will suffer my salt and vinegar attitude forever as a result of fucking up one of the only melee skills that worked for idiotic reasons. Cyclone was doing twice as much damage as heavy strike? Well maybe if you made heavy strike do twice as much damage as it does right now someone might actually play that fucking garbage waste of a skill gem.

Maybe I can do a phys to lightning chance to shock 100% ele heavy strike build with this mace? Sounds good?

gtfo and take that shit mace with you.
reading the reddit thread, seem like bows players are not agreeing with you. They want melee to stay shit lol.

I don t know I though reddit was a place experienced players were talking but they seems to have no idea why this mace is shit and why it could be changed to a better one.

Imo when you look at the bow number of post, you see none there play melee and I am afraid they will just post "mace is fine" just to troll melee even more haha.

" What you don't seem to understand is that this is a flavor mod. It does nothing and it costs nothing. There is no way they are going to replace something useless with something useful because it would be a strict buff."

YOu see with crap messages like that why melee will never get fixed if GGG keep listening to the reddit fanboys
Poe Pvp experience
https://youtu.be/Z6eg3aB_V1g?t=302
Last edited by Head_Less on Aug 25, 2016, 2:17:44 PM
"
Boem wrote:
Made my first ever reddit post and it's to get "chance to flee" removed from a unique.

Peace,

-Boem-

Can you put a link somewhere in the thread? I hate reddit with a fiery passion but I might have to join in there in the hopes that melee will eventually be good.
"
Namcap wrote:
"
Boem wrote:

Peace,

-Boem-

Can you put a link somewhere in the thread? I hate reddit with a fiery passion but I might have to join in there in the hopes that melee will eventually be good.

https://www.reddit.com/r/pathofexile/comments/4zj7uq/crusading_for_brain_rattler_and_melee_help_me_out/
Poe Pvp experience
https://youtu.be/Z6eg3aB_V1g?t=302
"
Snorkle_uk wrote:
I feel like melee weapons are in an odd place, its rly fking hard to find a 300 pdps 1h weapon, and if you make a unique 1h 300pdps then its sort of pushing out any rare u can ever hope to find in 1000s of hours play.

This is actually an interesting point, something I was thinking about last night as the matter a fact. Now, let me just say I fully understand why good rare weapons have to be scarce, too easy gearing, market saturation yadda, yadda.

However, I was checking prices for rare claws above 280dps in prophecy, it's funny enough that the prices weren't high at all but the most interesting thing is I found 7 results, that's seven in case somebody thinks it was a typo. And there were ten or something daggers.

After seeing that, it got me trying to remember how many rare 1h weapons over 250dps I found in all these years of playing. Astonishingly enough, I couldn't think of a single one so I opened my standard stash to check, which is very neatly ordered if I might add so there's very little chance I missed something in a single tab where I stash any weapons of worth. Upon closer inspection I found a 220dps 1h sword which was there for god knows what reason and got thrown out, there was a 267dps dagger with no crit roll and that was it, I'm afraid. The best 2h weapon I ever dropped was a 500dps karui chopper and nothing else even close to that number except a 470dps exquisite I crafted myself from scratch after spending a buttload of currency.

As I said, I understand they have to be rare, but do they really need to be that rare.
Wish the armchair developers would go back to developing armchairs.

◄[www.moddb.com/mods/balancedux]►
◄[www.moddb.com/mods/one-vision1]►
Last edited by raics on Aug 25, 2016, 2:23:15 PM
People think chance to flee will effect them negatively in any way when every white mob dies in one blow from a weapon like this are pretty funny.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info