PSA: CoC is getting rekt in 2.4.0

"
CoC + non discharge = fine
Self-cast discharge = fine
CoC + discharge = broken

So CoC + discharge will be modified sometime. The good thing is They don't announce how CoC twill be changed yet and they take a long while to make it. If GGG want to simply nerf CoC or Discharge solely. those nerf should be existed already since it's not a hard work. The true problem how to nerf CoC + discharge without touching CoC(non discharge) and discharge (including other trigger such as CoMK, CwS and CwDT). I believe this is also the reason why they take so long to modify CoC + discharge.

Easy. Make it so that CoC can only trigger each linked spell once per attack, regardless of the number of hits said attack produces. The same way Frenzy can only grant one charge per attack.

Fixes Cyclone Discharge spam.
Fixes Spectral Throw Bladefall spam.
Leaves pretty much everything else unchanged.
"
ressiv wrote:
If they even touch the gem I will quit

"
Boem wrote:
"
Disrupted wrote:
^
I'm sorry Boem, but you were just doing it wrong.

You dont go CoC Ice nova, you go CoC ice nova + shock nova + EE. I did that in Perandus with that always crits mace and it was super viable.

Yeah its viable, until you load up EK in the time (talking 2 years back here) and suddenly became four times more viable with less investment all together.

Your talking perandus, i am talking way back.

And i was running a build to go into high tiers, 97/98/97 all resis with old arctic armor lvl 21 on mana drain with coil etc.

Sure i could clear maps with CoC nova, but i could also run them double as fast with EK + hatred just going ham.(and kill bosses probably 6x faster)

I get your point, but sometimes i play for fun and sometimes for efficiency. And i like to optimize builds so EK it was.

Peace,

-Boem-

Fair enough. I should have known considering you didnt mention Bladefall coming into play later. And shock nova was useless until it got changed, that's the main difference (and hell, blasphemy makes it even better with ele weak)
Oblivious
It's GGG balance we are talking about. They will either destroy CoC or leave it unharmed/even stronger. Until we get the patch notes we won't really know.
With their balance I'm sure it will be fucking utterly destroyed or incinerated haha.

Incinerated hehehehe

That's good.

Dys an sohm
Rohs an kyn
Sahl djahs afah
Mah morn narr
"
Demonoz wrote:
Yah whats funny is they will basically nerf COC so it stops the broken interaction with Discharge but then it will only force anyone wanting to use COC at all to go Discharge or nothing. Because ALL the other COC variants are not even close to broken.

Come on, please.... "ALL the other CoC variants".... I guess you are joking? I know many COC + Discharge users but I don't know a single CoC + "not discharge" player. In fact CoC + "not discharge" is such a small minority compared to CoC + discharge that it is 100% legit to ignore them completely - right now CoC and discharge are just two sides of the same coin.
German saying: Schönheit und Funktionalität in Sekundenschnelle zu ruinieren, ist dem wahren Dilettanten keine Herausforderung!
torturo: "Though, I'm really concerned, knowing by practice the capabilities of the balance team."
top2000: "let me bend your rear for a moment exile"
I always wondered why CoC was the only trigger gem that didn't have a damage penalty, maybe that would fix everything. A 35% or 45% damage penalty to the spells cast, decreasing .5% or .25% per level. With the amount of spells CoC is able to push out, it should still be more then viable. Of course there are other ways, decreasing the chance to cast spells, but I feel like that creates more volatile situations. The probability is of course can be calculated and you could certainly test it, I feel like that course would have a more busty effect on the gem. Of course there is a mix of the two...I'm sure it will still be viable, people think GGG nerfs things to the ground, but I have always felt like things were relatively fair (no I wasn't playing incinerate when everyone else was). I was a little concerned by the nerf to shield slam because it felt too early in the league. Normally I would like to have a decent chance to enjoy a neat new build before its tweeked. But I'm sure they didn't want prophecy to be known as shield slam league. There is also the people who would have whined a bunch about their gear being useless after a two month tweek. all in all good to know that CoC is going to be made more interesting, maybe I will try it out post nerf when everyone says it the worst gem in the game and its unviable.
"
666lol666 wrote:
"
Demonoz wrote:
Yah whats funny is they will basically nerf COC so it stops the broken interaction with Discharge but then it will only force anyone wanting to use COC at all to go Discharge or nothing. Because ALL the other COC variants are not even close to broken.

Come on, please.... "ALL the other CoC variants".... I guess you are joking? I know many COC + Discharge users but I don't know a single CoC + "not discharge" player. In fact CoC + "not discharge" is such a small minority compared to CoC + discharge that it is 100% legit to ignore them completely - right now CoC and discharge are just two sides of the same coin.

Well 666 there is other OP spells which work well Blade Fall and BV.
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1617987

No coincidence either BF also does uber mines one shot and both are GG self cast.

The wand/bow-based cast on crit stuff is nice, but it's not overpowered to compared to self-cast since shotgun nerf. The main problem is discharge and 2 or 3 OP spells and cyclone synergy not CoC.

I'd make all those spells have 50% less damage and not touch CoC. It's a cool mechanic.

PS at the same time, with such a nerf, you bring mjo back to earth which doesnt even use CoC. But I'm sure they will nerf the wrong thing based on Chris' comment. WTS Mjo 100ex haha.

PSS actually i wouldnt nerf anything. I think its good we have a wide selection of builds doing end game finally. mines, traps, self cast, coc, some melee like earthquakes, etc. Just saying if you had to nerf. 3-4 spells are the issue not delivery mechanic.

Git R Dun!
Last edited by Aim_Deep on Jun 10, 2016, 5:04:57 PM
"
666lol666 wrote:
"
Demonoz wrote:

Spectral throw CoC has been kind of a big deal for a while:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EiXlkqSRxSs
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=imxanLEdeLs
I has not been big since shotgun nerf. You're much better off self cast with a powerful weapon like 7L PoH in most cases.
Git R Dun!

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info