PSA: CoC is getting rekt in 2.4.0

Wouldn't just adding a small cooldown to discharge solve everything.

Non discharge CoC untouched
Manual discharge unaffected (unless you have 1000% cast speed and get charges instantly)
CoC discharge could still be a thing and wouldn't cause as much lag as it does right now

It would make sense for the gem too. You need to charge in order to discharge. Not something you'd expect to do without any delay.
"
Jaille wrote:
Wouldn't just adding a small cooldown to discharge solve everything.

Non discharge CoC untouched
Manual discharge unaffected (unless you have 1000% cast speed and get charges instantly)
CoC discharge could still be a thing and wouldn't cause as much lag as it does right now

It would make sense for the gem too. You need to charge in order to discharge. Not something you'd expect to do without any delay.
No, because discharge isnt the problem, COC is.

i link videos like this all the time to proven my point as to how retarded the scaling is and what you can do on a tabula.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Gkdr0E6gTcg

I dont get why COC quill rain tabula builds keep going under the radar as well, theyre just as broken and they only get more broken as your cheap gear is replaced. You can do everything with it you can do with Cyclone COC.

I even slapped on a bunch of shit gear with trypanon and was clearing T12+ maps and i wasnt even built for COC. Gems werent level 20 either (some are now, i was playing it in downtime between the league). COC is broken as fuck when you can even use that weapon and still clear content like a breeze.

Gems in the trypanon are fluff, just using extra slots to level gems back when i was playing around with it.
Harvest sucks! But look at my decked out gear two weeks in!

Labyrinth salt farm miner.

"But my build diversity" , "Game is too hard!" - Meta drone playing the same 1-3 builds for years.
Last edited by Tin_Foil_Hat on Jun 10, 2016, 7:01:10 PM
I dont see the big deal? You can do atziri and all those maps with tabula with self cast BF too.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k5f0fCUrAcs&feature=youtu.be

not to mention mines, traps, and so on.

CoC is probably under powered in most skills IME. only the phys spells, FS and discharge make it good. But not good enough to top ladders, go have a look.
Git R Dun!
Last edited by Aim_Deep on Jun 10, 2016, 8:44:16 PM
Maybe we could wait to see what exact changes will happen before whining ?
But these trigger gems are inherently hard to balance anyways, I suspect there will always be overpowered usages.
so nerfing peoples favorite builds is getting love eh..? i love where this game is headed .....
IGN : Detrium
I wouldnt sweat it like poster above states. My guess it will be something like "spells linked do 80% DPS" more than enough to roll on, business as usual and quite the crowd.
Git R Dun!
"
Tin_Foil_Hat wrote:
COC is broken as fuck when you can even use that weapon and still clear content like a breeze.

well, the culprit for the weapon being enabled in this case is Cyclone since you can cheat its attack speed by just moving a small distance each time. Pretty sure elemental cyclone is viable with it as well. The weapon would prolly be worthless without that attack skill
Oblivious
"
Aim_Deep wrote:
I wouldnt sweat it like poster above states. My guess it will be something like "spells linked do 80% DPS" more than enough to roll on, business as usual and quite the crowd.
80% effectiveness of hundreds of thousands of DPS, even upwards of a million with the right gear is hardly "nerfed".

"But my build diversity" , "Game is too hard!" - Meta drone playing the same 1-3 builds for years.
"
Disrupted wrote:
"
Tin_Foil_Hat wrote:
COC is broken as fuck when you can even use that weapon and still clear content like a breeze.

well, the culprit for the weapon being enabled in this case is Cyclone since you can cheat its attack speed by just moving a small distance each time. Pretty sure elemental cyclone is viable with it as well. The weapon would prolly be worthless without that attack skill
Soo youre trying to say Cyclone is broken then (it isnt).

COC shouldnt even exist. COC is basically the damage version of pre-nerf Cast When Damage Taken. Everyone running Inc. Duration Immortal call being unkillable because you could run level 20 gems in it. They tried to bandaid it with a internal CD, did fucking nothing. It went through multiple nerfs before it was made balanced.

COC is at that initial first nerf stage after three nerfs that quite literally did nothing to tone it down within reason.

Last edited by Tin_Foil_Hat on Jun 11, 2016, 3:24:30 AM
"
Tin_Foil_Hat wrote:
No, because discharge isnt the problem, COC is.

i link videos like this all the time to proven my point as to how retarded the scaling is and what you can do on a tabula.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Gkdr0E6gTcg

I dont get why COC quill rain tabula builds keep going under the radar as well, theyre just as broken and they only get more broken as your cheap gear is replaced. You can do everything with it you can do with Cyclone COC.

I even slapped on a bunch of shit gear with trypanon and was clearing T12+ maps and i wasnt even built for COC. Gems werent level 20 either (some are now, i was playing it in downtime between the league). COC is broken as fuck when you can even use that weapon and still clear content like a breeze.

Gems in the trypanon are fluff, just using extra slots to level gems back when i was playing around with it.

Using a league-only unique as proof of CoC being OP. Okay.

Look, I'm not going to deny the fact that I rode the Trypanon gravy train. It's nuts and I love it, but that doesn't mean CoC is OP. The culprit here is Trypanon turning Cast on Crit into Cast on Hit, while also allowing you to completely ignore your crit chance thus freeing up build space for other stuff.
This is a buff™

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info