PSA: CoC is getting rekt in 2.4.0

"
TheNippleman wrote:
1st: There was no skill in building. There was zero reason to ever run an aura without linking it to a reduced mana gem. Same reason why enduring cry was no longer castable by CODT.
Nope. Some people, me included, used IC-Spell Echo combination. No CwDT obv. It was gutted too.
And worst change is putting almost all bosses in new version of maps into fucking small areas, where you can't kite well or dodge stuff. What a terrible idiot invented that I want say to him: dude flick you, seriously flick you very much.
"
TheNippleman wrote:
"
Axel_Moore wrote:
Is ridiculous destroy COC, coc is what makes this game different...

First they change reduced mana by enlighteen destroying my mirrored items colors...

Secondly they delete eternals, destroying the tier 1 crafting, and only letting craft these shitty masters rolls... Now i cant finish my ring with iiq 20 and iir 50 because i dont have eternals....

And now they destroy coc....

Is like ggg wants to destroy him game...

You know why i leave diable 3 after expansion?

Because all my super gear was invalid in the expansion.

Now they are doing the same, destroying all my gear changing colors and destroying coc....

1st: There was no skill in building. There was zero reason to ever run an aura without linking it to a reduced mana gem. Same reason why enduring cry was no longer castable by CODT.

2nd: Ruining the game? Do you have any idea what percent of people who played PoE actually had an Eternal Orb, let alone used one? Because it would shock me if the number was above 10% of the total players.

3rd: CoC was borderline broken in several different build, including but not limited to Cyclone/Discharge.

4th: CoC was a mistake. The only reason I can surmise it stayed as long as it did was that unlike other broken spells like bladefall, there was a gear check that kept too many people from abusing it.

If i want to buy an eternal in the past i use to pay 3 ex, now i must pay 35 ex, so rich is richer and i cant craft. And they continue crafting, so crafting is for 1% now instead 10%....

Coc was broken for you, not for me, this is a personal opinion.

CoC it what makes this game funny, using different combinations is the funniest thing of poe.

If you are a GGG Fanboy and wanna make me think that sky is green instead blue, is ok, i accept, but dont tell me things that nobody thinks...

I would like to GGG would make a survey about COC... Let the players choose what we want....

My apologies for my bad english....
"
Axel_Moore wrote:
My build was based in attack speed coc and discharge, i spent hundreds of exalts in my build, leech with discharge as fast as i can.

Now they nerf coc with cooldown, now my build will be a bullshit and vs bosses 1 vs 1 i will be dead.

Im starting to be a bit tired of these ggg nerfs all day, when u make something fun, ggg comes and destroy it.

I made a self cast discharger in Prophecy. It was fun, and cleared large areas of monsters with ease. It was pretty bad against bosses though. Now, given these nerfs, it seems that CoC discharge will be in the same spot.

That seems fair and...well...balanced to me. A skill with cast on crit linked to it shouldn't get a free ride to being 30x better than self casting the original. Support gems should help accentuate the strengths of a main skill, or help to cover up their weaknesses - a little. It shouldn't nullify those weaknesses completely and turn them into strengths.

If you want to turn a weakness into a strength, look at what fireball builds do to get AoE - they have to spend 9-12 skill points and run 4 unique jewels + LMP/GMP and that's just to make the AoE good - not great. Even with all that effort it still gets outclassed in AoE by other skills.

For what it's worth your English is fine, although I'm sure that won't make you feel better about the issue of CoC nerfs.
Note: I'm assuming most of the loudest crying is coming from standard players, since why would a leaguer care... they can just roll something else next league.

If history teaches us anything it is that the builds most in danger of a nerf are those that reach max potential effectiveness between the 50-150 ex range (by standard prices). Super poor man's builds like RF might see slight changes to bring them down to poor man's effectiveness, but it's stuff like very optimized CoC and Mjolner that take the largest hits to a player's net worth when they get the nerf bat.

I've seen the argument time and again made by "midrange" players that they don't need a 2-400 ex mirror weapon... don't need a 40-200 ex mirrored amulet... their builds can almost function just as well without those crazy expensive items. Well, today is why we buy and build mirror weapons, legacy stat items, and super rare rares. Because they retain value and don't see the nerf bat very often if ever.

Take the investment of a glyph mark, torment mark, or brood twine. Performs a decent step above the performance of the now going legacy reach... and it has options aplenty. LA getting nerfed? Play TS. TS won't see a nerf since its performance is actually rather lackluster unless you're sporting good gear... it's a skill that scales infinitely but scales slowly. On the offchance they nerf TS AND LA, we can still play split, which was overshadowed by its counterparts buf still gets the job done fine. None of these skills are likely to take a nerf because the build itself is not really unique enabled.

In short, stop whining about spending 150 ex on your build only to see it nerfed into worthlessness by GGG (ala volls enabled coc or mjoner combos). You chose a build that wasn't future proof. It's not GGG's fault it's yours. It's like someone buying a computer with a gtx 940 graphics card and being upset when they can't run any of the new games that come out and can't use their computer with VR headsets. People who spend big and field something like a 500-1500ex build aren't doing it because their build is really that much better than a discharger. They're doing it to future proof their investment. GGG isn't ever going to nerf a build that takes that much investment to hit a slightly higher peak than a 150 ex build. They almost never have. The small game changes can easily be compensated with small changes or the gear fits with a wide variety of builds.

My archer has taken many incarnations, from LA back in beta to split, to TS, to LA pierce, back to ts, etc etc, The one constant is that the non unique items keep their value. I took a big hit when acuities crashed and an even bigger hit when I logged in a while ago to find that the 80 ex +1 drillneck I had could now be bought for 4-6 ex. I took a huge hit back in the day when I quit and came back to find that my lionseye glare had gone from 60 ex to 10 chaos. What it's taught me is to stop relying on uniques. Get something that not many people have. GGG nerfs hugely popular builds. If you play something that isn't popular due to cost of entry walls, you wont get nerfed. If you don't have the money to get said gear, play the flavor of the moment build to make money, then liquidate it to secure your wealth when you can buy a big ticket item like a mirrored weapon. Don't keep throwing currency to min/max a fotm unique empowered build that you know is in the danger zone of getting nerfed.

TL;DR... when a 1 ex beginner's build with moderate performance is nerfed to the ground it's GGG's fault. Shame on them. When a 150 ex build is nerfed to the ground it's the players' fault. There are plenty of 150-200 ex items that are almost sure bets to retain value. If you have that much money and choose to invest it in penny stock items that are very likely to get nerfed... it's your unsound financial choices that ruined your net worth, not GGG.
Last edited by Swordstorm on Aug 31, 2016, 2:50:25 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info