PSA: CoC is getting rekt in 2.4.0

So what that its hard to get?
It breaks the spell completely with dmg and boosts your defences.
And other then that, i really don't understand people that are against CoC it self.
It's what makes playing so fun for me because it's such a unique mechanic only this game offers.
I think we can safely assume Prophecy is one of the most failed leagues in PoE's history, if not the number one. The streamers left, the leagues were emptier than ever one month in, a lot of people are dissatisfied and quit the game.

2.4 needs to be fucking amazing to repair the damage and bring people back in the game. It has to be new, shiny and exciting. Players have to read the patch notes and think 'that's fucking cool! I wanna play that!'.

You don't do this with nerfs. No one ever came back to a PvE game because or nerfs. On the contrary, the only possible outcome in this scenario is even more people quitting. Nerfing one of the most consistently popular and beloved build categories in the last two and a half years sounds like a recipe for disaster in an already precarious position.

I hope GGG realizes they must tread softly...

but I won't bet on it.
The Wheel of Nerfs turns, and builds come and pass, leaving memories that become legend. Legend fades to myth, and even myth is long forgotten when the build that gave it birth comes again.
Last edited by Bars on Jul 13, 2016, 6:08:55 AM
^Bars playing CoC confirmed!

Peace,

-Boem-
Freedom is not worth having if it does not include the freedom to make mistakes
"
"
BornBrutal wrote:
What makes coc discharge broken is VOLLS DEVOTION.
Have any of you played it without the ammy? Is is still broken when you can only use your powercharges and not endurance charges as well?
It's really not.
Remove this amulet or NERF it, not discharge nor coc.
Nerf voll's devotion and problem solved.
"Gain endurance charge 25%\50% of times when a power charge is consumed"

Lol and how hard is it to get the amulet itself? 15 ex? 20 ex? 25 ex? Even with my card not many people will have it hell you can't even chance it for awhile.

Please.

I agree Voll's is one of the most challenging to get and is a great reason for why CoC should exist. I got my Voll's a week and a half into proph this time but than this announcement came out and drove the price down. Made me pretty much abandon the league earlier than normal.

CoC is one of the only fun builds that is strong left. The funny thing is mojlner is just as beast mode right now. The cycle of plebs crying they can't get items in this game continues...all aboard the nerf train.
ProbablyGettingNerfed - L100 Occultist
Vinktarded - L100 Pathfinder
GoogleDiversityHire - L100 Necromancer

3.13 was the pinnacle of PoE. IVYS+1 Gang 4 Life.
Last edited by TheAshmaker on Jul 13, 2016, 6:43:43 AM
"
TheAshmaker wrote:

I agree Voll's is one of the most challenging to get and is a great reason for why CoC should exist. I got my Voll's a week and a half into proph this time but than this announcement came out and drove the price down. Made me pretty much abandon the league earlier than normal.

CoC is one of the only fun builds that is strong left. The funny thing is mojlner is just as beast mode right now. The cycle of plebs crying they can't get items in this game continues...all aboard the nerf train.

How does that make sense? You got an item required for your build, but it's market price going down made it somehow less useful to you?

What?

I am having trouble understanding the logic behind your statement.

Peace,

-Boem-
Freedom is not worth having if it does not include the freedom to make mistakes
the funny thing with cast on crit when it got released was: i completely ignored it because i couldn't image it being useful because the triggering skill and the triggered skills would use so much mana that you would really need to build around that mechanic to make it work.

i stared at the screen in disbelief when i learned that triggered skills don't use any mana at all...
age and treachery will triumph over youth and skill!
"
Boem wrote:
^Bars playing CoC confirmed!

Peace,

-Boem-

I've played it many times. Wouldn't care particularly if it gets nerfed as I've had my fill, but that's beside the point.
The Wheel of Nerfs turns, and builds come and pass, leaving memories that become legend. Legend fades to myth, and even myth is long forgotten when the build that gave it birth comes again.
I really would like if they did something against the eye-cancer CoC Discharge (and Mjölner Discharge) induces.
"
Bars wrote:
I think we can safely assume Prophecy is one of the most failed leagues in PoE's history, if not the number one. The streamers left, the leagues were emptier than ever one month in, a lot of people are dissatisfied and quit the game.

2.4 needs to be fucking amazing to repair the damage and bring people back in the game. It has to be new, shiny and exciting. Players have to read the patch notes and think 'that's fucking cool! I wanna play that!'.

You don't do this with nerfs. No one ever came back to a PvE game because or nerfs. On the contrary, the only possible outcome in this scenario is even more people quitting. Nerfing one of the most consistently popular and beloved build categories in the last two and a half years sounds like a recipe for disaster in an already precarious position.

I hope GGG realizes they must tread softly...

but I won't bet on it.

i agree with this so much about the nerfs and prophecy league that is a fail +1
"
Boem wrote:
"
TheAshmaker wrote:

How does that make sense? You got an item required for your build, but it's market price going down made it somehow less useful to you?

What?

I am having trouble understanding the logic behind your statement.

Peace,

-Boem-

What the fuck are you even talking about dude. I wasn't playing CoC this league, no where did I say I wa playing CoC this league.. I was looking at selling it to fund my build. The price going down made it worth less exalts and therefore the effort I wasted to obtain a hot item and fully fund my build could not be achieved.

ProbablyGettingNerfed - L100 Occultist
Vinktarded - L100 Pathfinder
GoogleDiversityHire - L100 Necromancer

3.13 was the pinnacle of PoE. IVYS+1 Gang 4 Life.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info