PSA: CoC is getting rekt in 2.4.0

CoC is fun in every aspect. It's strange but i only play CoC personnal build now, but maybe it's the only really fun skill in PoE ?.
Of course if they (and they will...) destroy it, I seriously think it'll be the last call for me.

Old and fellow player since CB here.

really fed up with these exagerated nerf everytime...
... nothing
"Ohmfgahfaf ples ples nerf nerf, my self-found tendrils aren't useful in T15, pls remove CoC from the game", these arguments... Recently started building a CoC Discharge. All the hype - one that can be reflected in this thread - have you actually went from 0 to CoC with a build or just bought your way into one? The build has one of the most crappiest DPS ever without 6L and/or Voll's amulet. I'm struggling to get the crap to proc at 60% chance on CoC, and even then, hardly reach my stack cap unless I'm getting really lucky. 50% to crit with cyclone, 50% of that to get a charge... Only select few items make this build viable. I got my ass handed to me in a T1. "Gid Gud", yes, I did "Git Gud" with using Cyclone as it was intended to be - with a heavy-ass Disfavor axe and "Gid Gud" up to T12 maps. But CoC Discharge being OP? There's the initial build phase, thing starts to run at around 65-70 properly, and even then the "entry cost" is staggering.

But yes, walls of text aside, please, do nerf CoC and/or cyclone. The melee aspect of this ARPG is already way too viable. We should make room for Ranged/Caster builds, since none of those run around.

And to the people QQ'ing about FPS drops - who forces you to party, especially if you can even choose your own party memebrs? Could equally apply the "gid gud" aspect here too, get a decent CPU & GPU, not cry for nerfs on the boards.

I always kinda thought the game was about fun and clearing crap - spend more time throwing the loot around rather than kiting white mobs. Guess I was wrong. This is ought to become some Runescape-esque gameplay where you kite one mob at a time and half of that spend chugging potions/eating lobsters.
They nerf shit like its a strict PVP game with tournaments
well.. last game i guess.. thanks, it was fun
"
well.. last game i guess.. thanks, it was fun

Dont make any harsh decisions until they finalize the nerf.
I am sure it wouldnt be that bad. CoC will still be as viable as cleave and lightning tendrils.
The real hardcore PoE players and the elites sit in town and zoning in and out of their hideouts trading items. Noobs that don't know how to play PoE correctly, kill monsters for items. It's pure fact, it will never change.

Welcome to PoE.
I never used coc and most likely never will. But unless it's pvp related people ask for nerfs because they can't stand to see other peoples builds clear faster than theirs or they just don't like seeing other people enjoy themselves. Butt hurt ness.
IGN:Flickfrap
Last edited by LoPan on Jul 12, 2016, 1:25:09 PM
It's funny how coc can turn shitty spells like fireball, glacial cascade or ek into potent endgame-destroying damage super cannons, while playing them in "normal" builds is borderline masochistic
Last edited by raxleberne on Jul 12, 2016, 11:38:08 PM
I think the only problem with CoC builds is cheesy shit like CI Cyclone CoC Discharge that is so obviously broken it's not even funny. And the investment for that build is relatively minor in the grand scheme of things. 5L Voll's Protector and a Voll's Devotion is all that's needed. A large number of people get this within a week of a new league.

CoC is a great and very unique support gem. My feeling is they will lower the proc rate, implement some kind of cool-down and apply a less damage mod to it.
What makes coc discharge broken is VOLLS DEVOTION.
Have any of you played it without the ammy? Is is still broken when you can only use your powercharges and not endurance charges as well?
It's really not.
Remove this amulet or NERF it, not discharge nor coc.
Nerf voll's devotion and problem solved.
"Gain endurance charge 25%\50% of times when a power charge is consumed"
Last edited by BornBrutal on Jul 13, 2016, 4:12:02 AM
"
BornBrutal wrote:
What makes coc discharge broken is VOLLS DEVOTION.
Have any of you played it without the ammy? Is is still broken when you can only use your powercharges and not endurance charges as well?
It's really not.
Remove this amulet or NERF it, not discharge nor coc.
Nerf voll's devotion and problem solved.
"Gain endurance charge 25%\50% of times when a power charge is consumed"

Lol and how hard is it to get the amulet itself? 15 ex? 20 ex? 25 ex? Even with my card not many people will have it hell you can't even chance it for awhile.

Please.
Dys an sohm
Rohs an kyn
Sahl djahs afah
Mah morn narr
Last edited by Coconutdoggy on Jul 13, 2016, 4:19:04 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info