PSA: CoC is getting rekt in 2.4.0

"
Disrupted wrote:
^
I'm sorry Boem, but you were just doing it wrong.

You dont go CoC Ice nova, you go CoC ice nova + shock nova + EE. I did that in Perandus with that always crits mace and it was super viable.

Yeah its viable, until you load up EK in the time (talking 2 years back here) and suddenly became four times more viable with less investment all together.

Your talking perandus, i am talking way back.

And i was running a build to go into high tiers, 97/98/97 all resis with old arctic armor lvl 21 on mana drain with coil etc.

Sure i could clear maps with CoC nova, but i could also run them double as fast with EK + hatred just going ham.(and kill bosses probably 6x faster)

I get your point, but sometimes i play for fun and sometimes for efficiency. And i like to optimize builds so EK it was.

Peace,

-Boem-
Freedom is not worth having if it does not include the freedom to make mistakes
Hmm CoC nerf ...

I am guessing something like
"
Cast on Critical Strike Support has been renamed to Cast on Hit
Supported Attacks have a (10 to 20)% chance to Cast Supported Spells on hit
You cannot Cast Supported Spells directly
Supported skills cannot deal critical strikes

On the other hand that would be super effective with Romira's Banquet and maybe Unstable Infusion ... back to the drawing board!
"
Khisanth wrote:
Hmm CoC nerf ...

I am guessing something like
"
Cast on Critical Strike Support has been renamed to Cast on Hit
Supported Attacks have a (10 to 20)% chance to Cast Supported Spells on hit
You cannot Cast Supported Spells directly
Supported skills cannot deal critical strikes

On the other hand that would be super effective with Romira's Banquet and maybe Unstable Infusion ... back to the drawing board!

There is no drawing board to go back to. CoC is weak sauce. Yes for all those 100ex CoC builds there is a cheap self caster or miner clearing and killing faster. In fact I'd go as far as to say CoC is under-powered for price. aka poor price/performance. Especially with shit spells not discharge or not BF.

If they make it weaker. oh well. No loss for me... loss for ppl stuck in 3 patch old meta i guess.
Git R Dun!
Last edited by Aim_Deep on Jun 10, 2016, 4:42:50 AM
Yah whats funny is they will basically nerf COC so it stops the broken interaction with Discharge but then it will only force anyone wanting to use COC at all to go Discharge or nothing. Because ALL the other COC variants are not even close to broken. Regardless of what people who dont even play COC might think just because you proc a bunch of shitty weak version of spells alot of times doesn't mean it broken. Its compensating. And those builds will all be gone basically just to stop one broken interaction. a whole list of other COC builds will be the only thing affected.. COC Discharge will STILL be broken in the end if they dont change Discharge.

And they cant change just Discharge because if they do them it wont be worth a shit for self cast.. The ONLY problem with COC is in fact Discharge but it isn't Discharge itself.. Its that fucking broken as hell AMMY they decided was a good idea to put in the game.. Voll's Devotion.

Doesnt matter anyway.. Ive played enough COC builds to know for a fact Self Casting your spells is much better anyway and for many reasons. I figured that out 3-4 leagues ago when i made a COC build that started out self casted and by the time i got COC running i LOST a shit ton of damage on my spell i was running. No wonder it procs so much.. It has to to make up for casting such gimped unlinked spells.

And im sure whatever adjustment it gets it will still be usable.. It just wont be worth a shit for any other COC build BUT Discharge which is the bad part. ....Im fine i got my fill on every single possible version of COC imaginable in the past few leagues.. RF is still left alone so ill still have my favorite build to run.
Which i dont know why i like it so much.. I already proved to myself i can also make better casters without RF with a hell of alot less headache as well.. I guess i just like the mechanics and the challenge of getting it to work well.
There is a fine line between Consideration and Hesitation.
The former is Wisdom, the latter is Fear.
Last edited by Demonoz on Jun 10, 2016, 5:23:43 AM
I have been suspecting for a while that GGG has finally realized their turbo nerfing of everything was getting exhausting and super annoying for their players. Guess i was wrong. They really dont know the ins and outs of their game anymore because CoC for its price point wasnt even close to OP.
ProbablyGettingNerfed - L100 Occultist
Vinktarded - L100 Pathfinder
GoogleDiversityHire - L100 Necromancer

3.13 was the pinnacle of PoE. IVYS+1 Gang 4 Life.
IF they make CoC Discharge behave like the nerfed Mjolner I'll laugh my ass off .
R.I.P 4.B.
This thread is dangerous.

It can incite something that will lead to severe disappointment and outrage due wrong expectations.
I am the light of the morning and the shadow on the wall, I am nothing and I am all.
Last edited by Crackmonster on Jun 10, 2016, 6:56:26 AM
"
Crackmonster wrote:
This thread is dangerous.

It can incite something that will lead to severe disappointment and outrage due wrong expectations.

It already has.
ProbablyGettingNerfed - L100 Occultist
Vinktarded - L100 Pathfinder
GoogleDiversityHire - L100 Necromancer

3.13 was the pinnacle of PoE. IVYS+1 Gang 4 Life.
CoC + non discharge = fine
Self-cast discharge = fine
CoC + discharge = broken

So CoC + discharge will be modified sometime. The good thing is They don't announce how CoC twill be changed yet and they take a long while to make it. If GGG want to simply nerf CoC or Discharge solely. those nerf should be existed already since it's not a hard work. The true problem how to nerf CoC + discharge without touching CoC(non discharge) and discharge (including other trigger such as CoMK, CwS and CwDT). I believe this is also the reason why they take so long to modify CoC + discharge.
(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻
If they even touch the gem I will quit

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info