PSA: CoC is getting rekt in 2.4.0

I was planning on building CoC this league but dk if I will or should now. It was one of the main reasons I was even playing because ive never doen a CoC build.
I'm calling it now, the changes will be completely insubstantial and will not affect CoC Cyclone/Spectral Throw builds in any significant way.
"
Disrupted wrote:

That would be pretty cool. I've wanted a "Follow-up attack" gem for a while. could make for some very interesting types of gameplay. Not sure how I feel about replacing coc altogether. But having that options as well would be pretty cool

I've been wanting a "counter attack" support that would use the supported attacks when you are hit or when you block, basically attack when damage taken or something like that - melee attacks only ofc though. It would be cool to have a counter attack puncture or frenzy or something like that.
Theorycrafter/Build Creator for PORTAL guild
@BlightScourge -> guide @ view-thread/1382667 (Retired till Mjolner is fixed)
Lvl 94 Crit Mjolner Marauder
twitch.tv/savagewolves
inb4 he's not being sarcastic and CoC discharge is getting buffed
"
I was planning on building CoC this league but dk if I will or should now. It was one of the main reasons I was even playing because ive never doen a CoC build.

Do it! Same here, never played (mostly because of potato-performance issues) and started to level my first one after that announcement, if not now, then when ?
"better to simply go balls deep full retard if you gonna go retard." -Boem-

Well, after what has happened to various skills recently like incinerate and chaos damage I think that CoC is going to go the same way.

If CW has decided to nerf CoC already then all I can say is: Enjoy it while you can.

GGG doesn't usually do anything in half measures. Their idea of "balancing" is to nerf skills into the ground.

As Aim already said though, there are other builds that are already more powerful than CoC.

Just don't name them, otherwise the nerf stick will come out ... again.

Honestly, PoE is the strangest online game I've ever played. :)

Crazy, weird, frustrating and... fun.

"
Jerle wrote:
Very sad. Coc is the single thing that makes this game so epic.

Tons of supporter packs, loves CoC... You're the reason why this game isn't balanced.

Thanks.
IGN:Vennttorr - Level 100 Witch - 1st Witch to 100.

My mirror service thread: http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/811499

My Crit Arc build: http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1090691 -- Updated
"
Rayzabladez wrote:

Well, after what has happened to various skills recently like incinerate and chaos damage I think that CoC is going to go the same way.

If CW has decided to nerf CoC already then all I can say is: Enjoy it while you can.

GGG doesn't usually do anything in half measures. Their idea of "balancing" is to nerf skills into the ground.

As Aim already said though, there are other builds that are already more powerful than CoC.

Just don't name them, otherwise the nerf stick will come out ... again.

Honestly, PoE is the strangest online game I've ever played. :)

Crazy, weird, frustrating and... fun.

Honestly I think its the graphics. ppl see pretty lights or something and want it fixed. It's definite not more powerful than many builds I already named which are flying under radar I guess. CoC discharge is really pathetic DPS wise and the physical CoC, which are OP spells anyway, cant compete with self cast BV.

Git R Dun!
"
Jaille wrote:
inb4 he's not being sarcastic and CoC discharge is getting buffed

That is what I think too. Sarcasm requires situation and this is quite an awkward situation to really apply sarcasm. He could at best mean re-working COC in a way that is actually a buff but not cheaply used like the way it was in the past.
Last patch it was Voltaxic nerf (while i have a 87 voltaxic LA ranger on standard)...

Next it will be CoC while i level a Coc Slam scion on prophecy...

Guys, just make a boring game, where nothing is fun and powerfull anymore... But do it once and for all.
Standard : BratalUss
Last edited by Zemel on Jun 9, 2016, 5:01:39 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info