PSA: CoC is getting rekt in 2.4.0

"The problem with Discharge is CoC, which is receiving some love in 2.4.0 <3"

Finally it was acknowledged. By the way Chris dont forget to buff Freeze Pulse and Fire Ball after you rectify cast on cancer support gem.

Cant wait for 2.4

the simple solution would be to disable discharge with CoC... but considering how they are delaying the change, its more likely something more intelligent.

EDIT: Sticky this GGG, hopefully that will shut up the "NERF COC" crowd for now
Oblivious
Last edited by Disrupted on Jun 8, 2016, 12:42:27 PM
I say remove it from the game. Any cast on shit is destroying the game
Dynamic Environment - Day/Night, Rain/Lightning - http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/110100

GGG's design philosophy in three words:
Quantity over Quality.
"
laycast wrote:

I find that CoC failed due to it casting "spells" not "attacks".
Spells have build-in high damage meaning you don need high damage sources for it to be reliable damage source. The same you just stack as much attack speed as you can to multiply the amount of procs.

Where attacks are based highly on your equipment and also stats. Most of CoC builds with "attacks" and not "spells" would deal like 1000 damage per skill activation with would be just lol, but more fair.

Overally I dont have idea why spells have base damage in skills where attacks in weapon. That create the problem and make it harder to balance (because you got two systems to balance instead of one).
Last edited by herflik on Jun 8, 2016, 1:47:22 PM
CoC? O.o
d:-D*
"
herflik wrote:
"
laycast wrote:

I find that CoC failed due to it casting "spells" not "attacks".
Spells have build-in high damage meaning you don need high damage sources for it to be reliable damage source. The same you just stack as much attack speed as you can to multiply the amount of procs.

Where attacks are based highly on your equipment and also stats. Most of CoC builds with "attacks" and not "spells" would deal like 1000 damage per skill activation with would be just lol, but more fair.

Overally I dont have idea why spells have base damage in skills where attacks in weapon. That create the problem and make it harder to balance (because you got two systems to balance instead of one).

That would be pretty cool. I've wanted a "Follow-up attack" gem for a while. could make for some very interesting types of gameplay. Not sure how I feel about replacing coc altogether. But having that options as well would be pretty cool
Oblivious
Last edited by Disrupted on Jun 8, 2016, 2:40:44 PM
Damn! Here I was thinking of reviving my dual wand barrage CoCer... My timing never fails to fail! Good thing I got the chance to abort mission this time;)
"
Rowanbladex wrote:
Man, I hope they don't completely destroy it. My favorite char I've ever made is a cyclone discharge. I made it way back in 1.3, and play it every so often on standard. Sure, it's very powerful, but the reason I love it is because it FEELS satisfying. The quick discharges of various colors. Just don't hit it out of the park with the nerf bat GGG

Oh brother oh brother GGG's gonna break your heart.

The problem is that even a slightest touch will make it feel crippled in comparison to what you're accustomed with.
I think I'm one of the biggest nerf haters when it comes to poe but even I'm happy when coc finally will be "balanced", "incinerated" or however you like to call it. ;o)
German saying: Schönheit und Funktionalität in Sekundenschnelle zu ruinieren, ist dem wahren Dilettanten keine Herausforderung!
torturo: "Though, I'm really concerned, knowing by practice the capabilities of the balance team."
top2000: "let me bend your rear for a moment exile"
Well I don't really care for CoC so I'm good lol
Dys an sohm
Rohs an kyn
Sahl djahs afah
Mah morn narr

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info