Why Poe is becoming PAY TO WIN GAME - free discusion

"
Pewzor wrote:
"
Shagsbeard wrote:
You don't have to sell items to "win". There has never been an achievement or goal linked to "sell so many X,y or Z to other players".

There are plenty of achievements GGG implemented before that ask you to identify T1 uniques. And hoping to get the exact drop of certain T1 unique is insanely unlikely. And the fact is pretty much every single time GGG decided to put in "obtain hard to get stuff" achievements and challenges most people myself included traded to get them.

But ok w/e you say.

btw I just sold a perandus manor map un-IDed for 180c + 2000 coins a few minutes ago.

Damn, thought it was 180 ex

liar :>
Fake Temp League Elitists LUL
Trading is not pay to win nor is it Trade to win either, no one is forcing you to trade. People trade out of convenience like there is an item they want but for whatever reason nothing is dropping the item
"
"
Pewzor wrote:
"
Shagsbeard wrote:
You don't have to sell items to "win". There has never been an achievement or goal linked to "sell so many X,y or Z to other players".

There are plenty of achievements GGG implemented before that ask you to identify T1 uniques. And hoping to get the exact drop of certain T1 unique is insanely unlikely. And the fact is pretty much every single time GGG decided to put in "obtain hard to get stuff" achievements and challenges most people myself included traded to get them.

But ok w/e you say.

btw I just sold a perandus manor map un-IDed for 180c + 2000 coins a few minutes ago.

Damn, thought it was 180 ex

liar :>

180c not ex

and there's one still for sale for 150c as well.
The real hardcore PoE players and the elites sit in town and zoning in and out of their hideouts trading items. Noobs that don't know how to play PoE correctly, kill monsters for items. It's pure fact, it will never change.

Welcome to PoE.
"
bl00dengel wrote:
exactly, if you say trading is pay to win because of premium stash tabs, just realize no one is forcing you to trade.

you want to trade to get the gear you want, then what do you do? there's nothing else to accomplish besides hitting level 100 which most players don't care enough about.

this is the problem with their competitor, diablo... diablo once you hit max level, a few hours later you are fully geared, literally nothing left to do... but diablo added "paragons" as a dumb way to keep players playing.

also, if you think getting the gear really fast is pay to win because some can do this with premium tabs which they paid for, then every game is pay to win... since people sell accounts on websites i'm not going to name. of course selling accounts is against most gaming ToS's but people still do it. just think... you want all the mounts and all achievements etc in world of warcraft? just go buy an account, there you go, you paid to win.

also please don't dissect my post by only looking at half of what i said, i gave you a valid reason why trading is bad, you complete your character extremely fast and have nothing left to do *repeats*.

so no, it's not pay to win. it's pay for convenience.

I know, no 1 is forcing us to kill Hilock either. doesnt mean we shouldnt. trust me, i would never trade in this game if it had normal drop rates... several k hours played, only nerfed mjolner droped ?! 1 fusing per 11 + tier map, sure play 1500+ maps so u can get 1 item linked, double it if u want 2 x 6l :) (?!) yeah sure, u dont have to trade , but u will need 2x, 3x ,4x... more time to aquire wanted gear... Game is made araound trading, which is sad cause it is Arpg
"
Tejlonpl wrote:

2) But I got enraged when I found out only premium stash owners sell items fast , and for e.g.. ME without any premium but with a lot of standard tabs ( 12 ) I am fucked . To sell anything on Poe trade and to be online ( everyone knows most people search only for online offers , even Poe trade has automatically " online only " button pressed ) now I need to use program acquisition , run it and give my password to steam , email address etc. ( R U JOKING ? )
Program looks 100% unsafe and easy to crack.
R U JOKING? You do not need to give your password or email address or steam password or anything else that compromises security to use the program. And you can look at the source code to see how safe it is. Thousands of people use it. It is plenty safe.
Guild Leader The Amazon Basin <BASIN>
Play Nice and Show Some Class www.theamazonbasin.com
Last edited by mark1030 on May 29, 2016, 12:02:29 PM
"
mark1030 wrote:
"
Tejlonpl wrote:

2) But I got enraged when I found out only premium stash owners sell items fast , and for e.g.. ME without any premium but with a lot of standard tabs ( 12 ) I am fucked . To sell anything on Poe trade and to be online ( everyone knows most people search only for online offers , even Poe trade has automatically " online only " button pressed ) now I need to use program acquisition , run it and give my password to steam , email address etc. ( R U JOKING ? )
Program looks 100% unsafe and easy to crack.
R U JOKING? You do not need to give your password or email address or steam password or anything else that compromises security to use the program. And you can look at the source code to see how safe it is. Thousands of people use it. It is plenty safe.

what program are you and the op talking about?
"
TempusxX22 wrote:

Acquisition

It basically makes making a shop thread super simple. It puts items in a template so that you don't have to type it all out. You just open the program, it reads the items in your stash, you view items through the program, set prices and it will auto update and bump your shop thread for you so that Poe.trade crawlers will pick it up.

It's what people used before they made stash tabs publicly viewable.
Sound the dread alarm, through the primal body! Sound the reveille, to be or not to be. Rise! Stay the grand finale! Stay the reading of our swan song and epilogue. One drive to stay alive! Elementary, muster every fiber. Mobilize! Stay alive!
Last edited by viciousnugget on May 29, 2016, 12:13:02 PM
"
viciousnugget wrote:
"
TempusxX22 wrote:

Acquisition

It basically makes making a shop thread super simple. It puts items in a template so that you don't have to type it all out. You just open the program, it reads the items in your stash, you view items through the program, set prices and it will auto update and bump your shop thread for you so that Poe.trade crawlers will pick it up.

thanks for the reply, honestly this is the first time I have heard of Acquisition. I have been away from the game for a long time and finally came back
"
TempusxX22 wrote:
"
viciousnugget wrote:
"
TempusxX22 wrote:

Acquisition

thanks for the reply, honestly this is the first time I have heard of Acquisition. I have been away from the game for a long time and finally came back

Here is the link of the setup guide I used when I first started using Acquisition. It's really simple and the download link is available under the video. If you don't feel like buying stash tabs you can use the program to setup a shop for selling.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5tWzBcWO0ak

p.s. welcome back
Sound the dread alarm, through the primal body! Sound the reveille, to be or not to be. Rise! Stay the grand finale! Stay the reading of our swan song and epilogue. One drive to stay alive! Elementary, muster every fiber. Mobilize! Stay alive!
Last edited by viciousnugget on May 29, 2016, 12:22:13 PM
"
viciousnugget wrote:
Here is the link of the setup guide I used when I first started using Acquisition. It's really simple and the download link is available under the video. If you don't feel like buying stash tabs you can use the program to setup a shop for selling.

It's also really good just for searching your stash to find things. I know I have some cool legacy uniques gathering dust in standard and HC, but I have no idea which of the hundreds of tabs they're in. Acquisition will find them instantly. Instantly after taking 10 minutes to load all my tabs, that is, but that's still really nice.

It's definitely worth checking out even if you have a few dozen premium tabs and don't need it to sell things.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info