Why Poe is becoming PAY TO WIN GAME - free discusion

"
Darkkrows wrote:

Poe essential MTX(various stash tabs) is generally very expensive when compared to many other AAA games that offer just as good content at cheaper price.(thanks to regional pricing). We also have to pay extra on the currency conversion spread.

thread like these wont exist if those regional pricing is a thing in POE.

You cannot be serious with the statement that the stash tabs are very expensive compared to other games. Or you simply are not making the correct comparison so I'll give you a hand and do it for you:

AAA game = 60 Euro to play it. Add to that let's say w/e regional priced costs for your preferred MTX. OR even better let's add to that actual game content you cannot play unless you pay up. And pay up consistently.

Let's take D3:

- 60 EURO the Core game at release
- 60 EURO the Expansion
- 14 Euro Necromancer class (LOL)

Let's take one that is more comparable to POE (free to play - yeah right): Heartstone

- Endless cycle of buying because you cannot do shit without cards, Expansions, etc. 19 EURO here 19 EURO there for years and years.

Now let's look at POE:

- Full free game - 0 EURO
- 1st Expansion - 0 EURO
- 2nd Expansion - 0 Euro
- Full game revamp + The biggest game expansion = 0 Euro
- Quarterly leagues with huge amounts of content in terms of mechanics and items = 0 Euro
- Constant balance changes = 0 Euro

Taking into consideration that you are comparing it to a AAA game and it's regional pricing I will take it you find POE in the same category. Thus we come to my actual point:

If you are to spend the amount you will spend on a full D3 game (134 EURO) on POE I think your dire tab situation would be sorted out. Especially if you are smart and wait for a sale.

I fear that most people in their greed and complaining streaks really forget how much you get for free with POE from GGG.

And actually you do not even get it for free at this point:
People like myself an especially the other heavy heavy supporters pay for you to have all this content to enjoy by purchasing the packs every single league.

I am not expecting you to do the same if you cannot afford it. At some point I could not either. I am however expecting you to have a shred of decency and not complain asking for more when you are already getting heavy handouts.
"Never argue with an idiot. They will take you down to their level and beat you trough experience."
The way I see it, the game you download is basically a free trial. The limitation is stash tabs. And to remove the limitation, you buy more tabs. Seems fair enough to me.
"
starsg wrote:

Pay-2-Win refers to :-

spending real $ that affects the grind (game boosting)
OR
spending real $ that help to boost damage/movement/invicibility etc.

Pay to win also refers to any type of gaining advantages over other players in exchange for paying the game makers real money, which POE unquestionably allows & encourages via all of their Stash upgrade microtransactions.

And anyway, that does affect the grind and boost the game too for those who bought them, since they can acquire good gear way faster & easier & in greater abundance than those who did not.
Last edited by AncientRedDragon on Mar 30, 2018, 8:28:05 AM
"
"
starsg wrote:

OR

Pay to win also refers to any type of gaining advantages over other players in exchange for paying the game makers real money, which POE unquestionably allows & encourages via all of their Stash upgrade microtransactions.

And anyway, that does affect the grind and boost the game too for those who bought them, since they can acquire good gear way faster & easier & in greater abundance than those who did not.

Ok, lets say poe is p2w.

Is it relevant to anything or only to those not having a part of cake?
Spreading salt since 2006
No... let's not. Calling it P2W gives people without knowledge of the game the wrong idea. It is closer to pay-to-play than pay-to-win.
This is the furthest thing i've seen from pay2win.
Game is absolutely playable with the stash tabs you are given and absolutely no gameplay is locked behind a pay wall.
Last edited by Lothorienn on Mar 30, 2018, 9:15:09 AM
"
"
starsg wrote:

OR

What about the people that play SSF and cleared the full game?

How do stash tabs make you acquire more gear way faster and easier? Do stash tabs raise drop chance and I missed the memo? last I checked killing stuff makes you acquire gear.

OH you will mention trading now. Well the game has trade channels. Yeah it's more tedious BUT people do use it. if you can't cough up a few bucks for a stash tab YOU can fully play the game and get gear there.

You have no understanding of the concept of P2W.

The worse you could call the game if you really stretch the concept a P2P. And most games are. So what's the problem? Go get a god dam job and earn some money first instead of wasting your life on forums crying for handouts.
"Never argue with an idiot. They will take you down to their level and beat you trough experience."
i paid alot on this game but anbody ever see me winning something? narp, i don't.

all the 200+ premium tabs brought me is hellofamess in permanent league's stashes.

all those 200+ premium tabs brought me in temp leagues is permanently interrupted mapping.

all those special purpose tabs i bought brought me is me having to move those 20 tabs over 200 tabs at league start.

all those mtx i bought brought me is people outclassing me either with stuff from boxes that
they got cheaper or amazing stuff they got from league challenges or races (cause they never get devalued by being available for cheap).

---

moot discussion.
age and treachery will triumph over youth and skill!
Last edited by vio on Mar 30, 2018, 9:39:51 AM
See.... you guys got it all wrong....

It's not about the game being pay to win.

Its about the player being pay to win.

Any game can be pay to win. You can buy currency, boosts, piloting, content unlock and so on. (depending on the game, be it "legal in game" or "third party illegal")

If someone wants to pay to win, that's his/her decision. Regardless of the game policy being against such things.

People will pay to win to reach 100.
People will pay to win to get insane gear.
People will pay to win to get any sort of advantages they want.

I don't care if the game offers these things. I CARE ABOUT MY OWN PERSONAL INTEGRITY.

If all I cared about was playing a game where others can't somehow gain an advantage (be it an in-game legit pay to win, or shady illegal online dealer pay to win), I would be playing CS:GO and aiming for LAN Tournaments for example.

I play PoE for my own personal journey. There is no serious competition in PoE. What is the prize for the first person to hit 100? What is the prize for being the highest DPS character in the game? What is the prize for being the richest in-game player? NONE.

At the end of the day, everyone has the option to access the same content.
Last edited by BuDiu on Mar 30, 2018, 10:07:45 AM
Quite simply no.

There is not a single thing that I can buy that will give me free levels, boost my character in any fashion, or allow me to skip content in any way. There is nothing I can buy that wins the game in place of me playing it.

"Is it P2W?" has been and always will be the wrong question (unless they start charging for some of the things mentioned above). The right question is this:

Is the game F2P?

I'll go with maybe because it's not a simple yes/no from my optic. There is nothing gated behind a paywall; you can play the entire game beginning to end without paying a single penny.

That being said, it's certainly not a clean "Yes" either. The game has added so many things that you have to collect/hold to play intelligently that the 4 stash tabs are probably enough for a minimalist but in practical terms simply too small. It's certainly more convenient if you buy tabs and not have to micromanage every slot in your stash.

P2W? No
F2P? Debatable
P2P? Getting closer and closer to it

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info