Why Poe is becoming PAY TO WIN GAME - free discusion

So, all 35 pages of this thread are people arguing that a QoL mtx is paying to win and the other hand are saying that it isn't?

"Winning" in this game is: leveling, acquiring wealth, gearing, overcoming challenges.

Purchasable stash tabs can help you will that. They will give you an advantage if you make full use of them. That meets the definition of pay to win.

Look guys, you can argue all you want about how it's not that important, and how insignificant it is comparing to other p2w games where you can buy gear and currency. But the fact still is that you can buy an advantage for money.

Having said that, i'm not bashing GGG in any way here. I'm satisfied with the way they handled their free to play model. I'm just trying to point out the reality.
"
mustash wrote:
So, all 35 pages of this thread are people arguing that a QoL mtx is paying to win and the other hand are saying that it isn't?

Pretty much.
"
rhah wrote:
"Winning" in this game is: leveling, acquiring wealth, gearing, overcoming challenges.

Purchasable stash tabs can help you will that. They will give you an advantage if you make full use of them. That meets the definition of pay to win.

you can have this for free(Acquisition) , ya know ?
Youtube
https://www.youtube.com/c/MrJimGaming
So, this thread still keeps going, huh?!?!

To summarize this whole debate in one image...

There will be no end in this debate in proving which side is true, because both sides might be true, it's just a matter of perspective. Because each side have their own definition of "winning" & "pay to win".
"A game IS supposed to waste your time but it's not supposed to make you FEEL like you're wasting your time:
It's supposed to make you WANT to waste your time."
"
mustash wrote:

There is also people like you who think they are above it, yet repeat the same thing aswell.
"
Bone2flesh wrote:
"
Ora9 wrote:
I agree. Let us buy stash tabs with in-game currency.

NO.

Why? Because the money from buying stash tabs along all the MTX keeps the game alive and brings new content regularly unlike most games today.

How about we let people buy stash tabs (or any othet MTX) for real money, and then sell them to other players for in-game currency? Like PLEX in EVE Online. Or like WoW Tokens would be, if they didn't have the dubious middle-man system.
"
MrJimo wrote:
"
rhah wrote:

you can have this for free(Acquisition) , ya know ?

Thing is more you list more you sell..its a numbers games like anything else... girls you ask out...job interviews..etc.. more tabs you have more you can list. More you sell. It's P2W. 4 tabs is only good for SSF and even then it's not good enough with all the new shit added since 1.0. (jewels, card, etc)
Git R Dun!
Last edited by Aim_Deep on Mar 28, 2018, 9:10:59 PM

Trade-2-Win YES

Pay-2-Win NO

Perm. Retired from this unforgiving land of the Exiles.
Self-impost EXILED.
Extra tabs offer a MASSIVE advantage over not having extra tabs. Interpret that how you will.

Personally, I wouldn't say it's "pay to win" but I would say that the game is more or less unplayable at all without tabs. That's not quite the same thing, though.
Last edited by poepoe091 on Mar 29, 2018, 12:53:36 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info