Why Poe is becoming PAY TO WIN GAME - free discusion

there's a good amount of people that can not install 3rd party programs on their pcs.
It was always p2w. P2w - paying player gain advantage over no paying player. 1 stash tab currency( if u have more, u have to use mules or trade it) , one for maps, one for div cards, one for gems and other. So u wont have space for chaos / regal recipe and some item you will need! Yes, u can use mules, but if u use them, on the long run paying player will play hundreds of maps, while nonpaying player will keep his head in stash tabs and mules playing tetris game. Not to mention trading advantage. What do u think, why trading is the worst ever seen? Funny thing is, most of u saying its not p2w have bunch of stash tabs. No its not for support, you can support it via cosmetics. You wont admit you payed for advantage, even to yourself. Real free too play game - some mobas where u have to pay ONLY for cosmetics. Where u can see its totaly p2w? Even p2w games gives you their paid content on some holidays, did u ever got something from GGG?
I guess it depends on how you define "win". If you define it as "get tons of cool items so I can make every build and stare at my awesome stash" then yeah, it's pay to win because you can buy more stash space to store your awesome items.

If you define it as getting to the top of the ladder, that's a more complicated discussion. Is it possible to beat players that have 10 or 20 stash tabs by playing with only the default 4? I dunno, but I think it would be quite hard. A player with stash tabs has a lot more space to sell items and get currency, which means they can get better gear to climb the ladder. It's a tangible advantage, but isn't quite as obvious as, say, buying a GG axe for 10 bucks would be.

If you define it as winning races, then no. Stash tabs give 0 advantages in races that I'm aware of.

If you define it as making cool looking characters, then yes, cosmetic MTX is clearly pay to win (lol).

Overall, no matter how you look at it PoE is far less p2w than most free games out there. I can accept stash tabs as a necessary evil because it's a fantastic way to make money.
POE is and has always been pay to win with tabs.

Selling stuff is a numbers game like if you ask 1 girl out vs 50. Ask 50 you are almost guaranteed to get a date. (some of you may take 100 haha) Anyway, just like if you list 1 item vs 50 someone is bound to bite.

More tabs > more items you can list > more items sell > richer you get > better items you can get

Don't tell me about mules. In addition to limited which tabs are not, it wastes a lot of time. Time which could be spent farming and dropping finds into real tabs with labels. Time is money.

Git R Dun!
Last edited by Aim_Deep on May 29, 2016, 9:57:21 AM
people who tend to think PoE is pay to win are freeloaders, that's really all it boils down to.

just because a game is "free" doesn't mean you should not support the team who employed and paid for staff to make those games. if there were no stash tabs to purchase, a lot of people would play without paying a single penny. i'm sorry, i might give out a secret here that kids aren't aware of... we do not live under communism. this secret knowledge might be a shock for some of them, i'm sorry i had to tell the truth.

basically, those who pay for stash tabs (and cosmetics) are the ones paying for you freeloaders to enjoy your welfare "i'm entitled to have everything given to me for free"

it's a huge pet peeve of mine.

if we (those who pay for such things) did not give GGG any money, you freeloaders would have no game to play.

ever think of that?

edit: btw an alternative to free to play games is having ads directly fed to you in game. NO ONE wants that.
Last edited by bl00dengel on May 29, 2016, 10:00:25 AM
"
lagwin1980 wrote:
The closet PoE has come to "pay to win" is stash tabs, and thats a real stretch since you can do as well without them.

GGG have not gated anything behind a paywall so it's not pay to win.

If you are talking about RMT i.e money being spent on items and all done through some players, it's a shit comparison and you say it's pay to win to the people that get banned for it...even supporters.

Especially supporters because at that point they actually paid to LOSE!

Most people who call POE P2W dont really know much about actual P2W games i think. If they seen how actual P2W games operated then they would see that POE is far from P2W. But.. Opinions.. People are gonna have them. But Its when these opinions start being thrown around as if they are fact that the issues come.
There is a fine line between Consideration and Hesitation.
The former is Wisdom, the latter is Fear.
Last edited by Demonoz on May 29, 2016, 10:07:19 AM
Definitely P2W. I bought a Supporter Pack the other day, go out to Dried Lake, and BOOM a Divine drops. There's definitely a correlation. #tinfoilhat

:>
Fake Temp League Elitists LUL
Last edited by _Saranghaeyo_ on May 29, 2016, 10:12:14 AM
"
bl00dengel wrote:
people who tend to think PoE is pay to win are freeloaders, that's really all it boils down to.

just because a game is "free" doesn't mean you should not support the team who employed and paid for staff to make those games. if there were no stash tabs to purchase, a lot of people would play without paying a single penny. i'm sorry, i might give out a secret here that kids aren't aware of... we do not live under communism. this secret knowledge might be a shock for some of them, i'm sorry i had to tell the truth.

basically, those who pay for stash tabs (and cosmetics) are the ones paying for you freeloaders to enjoy your welfare "i'm entitled to have everything given to me for free"

it's a huge pet peeve of mine.

if we (those who pay for such things) did not give GGG any money, you freeloaders would have no game to play.

ever think of that?

edit: btw an alternative to free to play games is having ads directly fed to you in game. NO ONE wants that.

So ur arguments that game isnt p2w is that someone has to PAY, strange... As i said, there are games that earns millions a month and charge ONLY cosmetics. Paying stash tabs and saying it isnt advantage is like cheating in other game while saying u could beat it without cheat codes... So, dont advertise it as FREE, cause it isnt. problem solved
Last edited by Chaslaw88 on May 29, 2016, 11:17:18 AM
Can't get high level maps? Tired of people laughing and pointing fingers at your pajama-looking armor? You can change it! Just buy some awesome super-GGG-powered-glowing-in-the-darkness-of-your-miserable-life effects and everything will change! You'll get a lot of shiny loot and currency! People will look at you enviously and will respect your new super power! And if you'll buy it right now - you'll get absolutely nothing! For free! Enjoy it, not-a-cockroach!

Jenny, Ranger:
"My sister didn't use the GGG super-power MTX effects and she always sucked. I told her to buy some super-powered-awesome-GGG-MTX effects and now she looks absolutely amazing! Just look at her! Isn't she gorgeous?"

before

after

Buy it now! Only $499.99
"
Whitedondi wrote:
And if you'll buy it right now - you'll get absolutely nothing! For free! Enjoy it, not-a-cockroach!

before

after

Buy it now! Only $499.99

You had me at not-a-cockroach.
I'm buying two for double the nothing.
Sound the dread alarm, through the primal body! Sound the reveille, to be or not to be. Rise! Stay the grand finale! Stay the reading of our swan song and epilogue. One drive to stay alive! Elementary, muster every fiber. Mobilize! Stay alive!

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info