Why Poe is becoming PAY TO WIN GAME - free discusion

WOW I am happy so many of you answered . I understand that developers need to earn some coin to maintenance the servers , improve the game etc. but as I remember amount of players on Perandus League made all servers crash and lag as hell . Most people make one or 2 microtrans like tabs or effect so I think coin is flowing so :

1) I understand buying tabs is necessity but u can cope without it , make mules vendor all the crappy uniques etc . OK everyone is free and no one is screwed .

2) But I got enraged when I found out only premium stash owners sell items fast , and for e.g.. ME without any premium but with a lot of standard tabs ( 12 ) I am fucked . To sell anything on Poe trade and to be online ( everyone knows most people search only for online offers , even Poe trade has automatically " online only " button pressed ) now I need to use program acquisition , run it and give my password to steam , email address etc. ( R U JOKING ? )
Program looks 100% unsafe and easy to crack . I think this is pay for win coz u win with a lot of money ( U c an buy much better equ = winning in pvp or even killing uber and looting turbo expensive uniques ) . I think with such changes game is becoming pay to win step by step .

3) Buying points and ongoing commercials :

Here is my biggest disappointment . Prices in shop are designed in a way that u need to buy more coins then u really need , directly forcing u to pay more real money . I would like to buy " upgrade to premium stash tab " and it costs 15 points ( 1,67 dollar ) but u all know 5 dollars is the smallest amount u can spend for the points .... I know about bank fees etc but this is not fair .There are many tricks like this in shop , and for me it is seriously ripping people off .

Second thing are these golden commercials appearing on screen many times during the day , Is the game really so underplayed ?

Thank you people for speaking your minds , I just hope some of developers will read this thread and maybe stop the ongoing journey to the abyss ;)

You don't have to sell items to "win". There has never been an achievement or goal linked to "sell so many X,y or Z to other players".
exactly, if you say trading is pay to win because of premium stash tabs, just realize no one is forcing you to trade.

you want to trade to get the gear you want, then what do you do? there's nothing else to accomplish besides hitting level 100 which most players don't care enough about.

this is the problem with their competitor, diablo... diablo once you hit max level, a few hours later you are fully geared, literally nothing left to do... but diablo added "paragons" as a dumb way to keep players playing.

also, if you think getting the gear really fast is pay to win because some can do this with premium tabs which they paid for, then every game is pay to win... since people sell accounts on websites i'm not going to name. of course selling accounts is against most gaming ToS's but people still do it. just think... you want all the mounts and all achievements etc in world of warcraft? just go buy an account, there you go, you paid to win.

also please don't dissect my post by only looking at half of what i said, i gave you a valid reason why trading is bad, you complete your character extremely fast and have nothing left to do *repeats*.

so no, it's not pay to win. it's pay for convenience.
Last edited by bl00dengel on May 29, 2016, 11:30:38 AM
If I had a "Win" mtx I'd link it.
Pay to win?

We first have to find out what "winning" in PoE is.
Sometimes, just sometimes, you should really consider adapting to the world, instead of demanding that the world adapts to you.
Try to be more creative.

1/10.
"
kreca74 wrote:
there's a good amount of people that can not install 3rd party programs on their pcs.

Look, it is a forum shop :O

https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1606595

Yeah, it is mine. I bought premium tabs for convenience, though. Until some hours ago i was selling items from my forum shop, i don't update it in around 2 months. The reason? I got all currency i needed in the first weeks using a forum shop and just went to play and just trade now the garbage items left on shop sometimes. I mean, people don't research how to trade in this game and just... come here to talk... sh what they don't know. Prophecy will be first league i won't really create my forum shop, but... the tool is there, but i want to be lazy now.

tl;dr : Laziness isn't pay to win. Learn how to use the tools the game has to offer before start complaining.
Sometimes...
"
Shagsbeard wrote:
You don't have to sell items to "win". There has never been an achievement or goal linked to "sell so many X,y or Z to other players".

There are plenty of achievements GGG implemented before that ask you to identify T1 uniques. And hoping to get the exact drop of certain T1 unique is insanely unlikely. And the fact is pretty much every single time GGG decided to put in "obtain hard to get stuff" achievements and challenges most people myself included traded to get them.

But ok w/e you say.

btw I just sold a perandus manor map un-IDed for 180c + 2000 coins a few minutes ago.
The real hardcore PoE players and the elites sit in town and zoning in and out of their hideouts trading items. Noobs that don't know how to play PoE correctly, kill monsters for items. It's pure fact, it will never change.

Welcome to PoE.
Last edited by Pewzor on May 29, 2016, 11:54:24 AM
"
Pewzor wrote:
"
Shagsbeard wrote:

There are plenty of achievements GGG implemented before that ask you to identify T1 uniques. And hoping to get the exact drop of certain T1 unique is insanely unlikely. And the fact is pretty much every single time GGG decided to put in "obtain hard to get stuff" achievements and challenges most people myself included traded to get them.

But ok w/e you say.

btw I just sold a perandus manor map un-IDed for 180c + 2000 coins a few minutes ago.

That's buying. Not selling. You don't need premium tabs to buy.
"
Shagsbeard wrote:
"
Pewzor wrote:
"
Shagsbeard wrote:

But ok w/e you say.

That's buying. Not selling. You don't need premium tabs to buy.

You need to trade to get fortune like that which is part of OP's concern but I can understand why you skipped that part.
The real hardcore PoE players and the elites sit in town and zoning in and out of their hideouts trading items. Noobs that don't know how to play PoE correctly, kill monsters for items. It's pure fact, it will never change.

Welcome to PoE.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info