Small vocal minority?

I don't care much for the lab, I really like the tileset though(chateau map is a nice alternative to gorge/plateau). I leveled 4 chars during PSC, did all three labs for each char (died only once on my first try in cruel, while mightily underleveled). Its just like any other quest...after dominus (normal and cruel) and dried lake (merc) go to lab, kill Izaro, get quest reward, i.e. ascendancy points + enchants. All in all I ran the lab maybe 20 times, but decided that enchants aren't really worth it (for me, at least), so i never went there again...At least we dont have to run the trials for each char now. Just treat it like any other quest, i.e. do it once per difficulty and never look back.
Last edited by eperon on May 25, 2016, 2:12:49 PM
"
innervation wrote:

Everything you do in life is gated behind converting organic potential energy into kinetic energy. You can't complain about anything ever again.

hahaha, man i love this forum
"
_Emperor_ wrote:

As far as i saw, no major streamer is dominating the lab ladders. Maybe in the times i stopped playing.
I would go as far to say that most streamers dont do the lab at all aside for the point generation.

I dont like PoE streaming, i find it way to boring to be honest, id rather play myself, still though from time to time i check to see something new or just to go to sleep easier. Having said that, before the ascendancy hit live if you guys remember Kripparian was given the permission to stream Ascendancy while no other streamer could. Being in alpha i already knew what the content was and since i was already bored by that time with the labyrinth (imagine not even one week playing and i disliked it), i said "what the heck, lets watch Kripperino".

He likes the game, and he was glad to be back, he did normal/cruel labs for the ascendancies and then continued to progress to maps and checking skill and stuff. When people asked him show us the lab, he was constantly answering : "i dont like it much", "meh, i'd rather level up and do maps", "lab is boring, i only did it for the ascendancies to test them".

I found his stance very honest, he was given the privilege to stream Ascendancy before anyone else but he was still bashing the labyrinth part. Since i was already trying to pass the idea in the alpha forums that the labyrinth is not that great of an addition, i was really glad someone else was having the same opinion, and that someone happened to be the most succesfull streamer PoE ever had, a guy that helped PoE more than any other non-GGG person. But shit labyrinth was set in stone.

A few days later other streamers started showcasing Ascendancies, with hype and shit going on at the time the majority of them was playing labyrinth only to get a better grasp of it and to promote it to a wider audience. That all stoped as soon as Ascendancy hit live, almost nobody was streaming labyrinth anymore, except the very few who didnt have alpha access and wanted to stream it. Soon after not even those continued streaming labyrinth. I wont speak names but you will surely get what im saying. Some were genuinely enjoying it for as long as they were streaming it, others had that weird expression in their face "wtf am i playing?", others like the asslickers they were they were trying to promote it to no avail though. The viewers were not there, every twitch channel that had lab on had significantly less viewers that the usual numbers.

And thus streamers almost stopped alltogether streaming labyrinth after a while. And the reason is simple, people DO NOT HAVE FUN with the lamebyrinth, not when playing it, not when watching it and not even when hearing about it. FUN and ENJOYMENT is what keeps people here, and the labyrinth for various reasons does not offer those. It might be the enchant system/grind, it might be the gratuitous gating of character customization content, it might be the totally allienating arcade gameplay in a hack&slash ARPG game and those are only few of the many reasons. Even those who like it have come out and said how tedious and repetitive it is after a while. Yeah there are those who are still genuinely enjoying the playstyle and i have to say im happy for them, but please allow us to have the same fun with it or at least with the customization options it offers, cause at its current state we cant have either.

GGG surely had the best intentions and hopes for it but its just not fit for the masterpiece called PoE, it was a step in the wrong direction (the labyrinth not the ascendancy classes) for me, but i still enjoy playing my non-ascendend characters and the core game and i will continue to do so, unless GGG decides to implement more things like that or balance the game around them.
Inundated with cockroaches, I am

https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1609216 - labyrinth rework ideas/suggestions
Last edited by Entropic_Fire on Oct 26, 2016, 7:42:29 PM
"
Regulator wrote:
"
_Emperor_ wrote:

As far as i saw, no major streamer is dominating the lab ladders. Maybe in the times i stopped playing.
I would go as far to say that most streamers dont do the lab at all aside for the point generation.

I dont like PoE streaming, i find it way to boring to be honest, id rather play myself, still though from time to time i check to see something new or just to go to sleep easier. Having said that, before the ascendancy hit live if you guys remember Kripparian was given the permission to stream Ascendancy while no other streamer could. Being in alpha i already knew what the content was and since i was already bored by that time with the labyrinth (imagine not even one week playing and i disliked it), i said "what the heck, lets watch Kripperino".

He likes the game, and he was glad to be back, he did normal/cruel labs for the ascendancies and then continued to progress to maps and checking skill and stuff. When people asked him show us the lab, he was constantly answering : "i dont like it much", "meh, i'd rather level up and do maps", "lab is boring, i only did it for the ascendancies to test them".

I found his stance very honest, he was given the privilege to stream Ascendancy before anyone else but he was still bashing the labyrinth part. Since i was already trying to pass the idea in the alpha forums that the labyrinth is not that great of an addition, i was really glad someone else was having the same opinion, and that someone happened to be the most succesfull streamer PoE ever had, a guy that helped PoE more than any other non-GGG person. But shit labyrinth was set in stone.

A few days later other streamers started showcasing Ascendancies, with hype and shit going on at the time the majority of them was playing labyrinth only to get a better grasp of it and to promote it to a wider audience. That all stoped as soon as Ascendancy hit live, almost nobody was streaming labyrinth anymore, except the very few who didnt have alpha access and wanted to stream it. Soon after not even those continued streaming labyrinth. I wont speak names but you will surely get what im saying. Some were genuinely enjoying it for as long as they were streaming it, others had that weird expression in their face "wtf am i playing?", others like the asslickers they were they were trying to promote it to no avail though. The viewers were not there, every twitch channel that had lab on had significantly less viewers that the usual numbers.

And thus streamers almost stopped alltogether streaming labyrinth after a while. And the reason is simple, people DO NOT HAVE FUN with the lamebyrinth, not when playing it, not when watching it and not even when hearing about it. FUN and ENJOYMENT is what keeps people here, and the labyrinth for various reasons does not offer those. It might be the enchant system/grind, it might be the gratuitous gating of character customization content, it might be the totally allienating arcade gameplay in a hack&slash ARPG game and those are only few of the many reasons. Even those who like it have come out and said how tedious and repetitive it is after a while. Yeah there are those who are still genuinely enjoying the playstyle and i have to say im happy for them, but please allow us to have the same fun with it or at least with the customization options it offers, cause at its current state we cant have either.

GGG surely had the best intentions and hopes for it but its just not fit for the masterpiece called PoE, it was a step in the wrong direction (the labyrinth not the ascendancy classes) for me, but i still enjoy playing my non-ascendend characters and the core game and i will continue to do so, unless GGG decides to implement more things like that or balance the game around them.

But but bro, thats just the vocal minority!!! :D
People that dont watch the streams, or join the forum or participate on reddit love the lab!
///sarcasm of the charts dot com slash org

I hear you, and i remember the kripp streams. I watched krip from time to time, when he was a nolifer.. while i could never emulate i appreciated his dedication.

You have a point on all of the details, and you have had the point in your much more relevant topic.

I liken this situation to the protesters and cops, where protesters are "vocal minority" and cops are the " LAB IS NOT HARD ITS AWESOME YOU MUST LIKE IT " crowd. When the cops realize that supporting the protesters is in their own interest change happens.

I do not wish to take anything away from anyone, just provide people with more options.
That is all.
"
Entropic_Fire wrote:
"
innervation wrote:

Everything you do in life is gated behind converting organic potential energy into kinetic energy. You can't complain about anything ever again.

Yea OK, tell that to the guys using brain/computer interfaces *eye-roll*

He went, fruitlessly, for a reductionist argument because he can't, or doesn't want to, leave room for nuanced discussion. I just took his reductionism to its logical conclusion.

--

I also kind of agree with what Regulator wrote: if the lab were fun at its core, streamers would be streaming it and watchers would be watching it. But those things aren't happening.

Might the end game lab change this along with all the other accumulated improvements, plus the better side areas they promised? Maybe.
Nice see the usual suspects are having a good cry about the lab here
What else is he gonna say? Lab represent money effort and time for GGG and they feel good about it. Until he shows us # players farming lab/ total players I'll continue to believe it was not a minority but a majority who hate it or at least people, meh, who just go for there for ascendancy and thats it.
Git R Dun!
Last edited by Aim_Deep on May 25, 2016, 6:08:22 PM
"
Aim_Deep wrote:
What else is he gonna say? Lab represent money effort and time for GGG and they feel good about it.

they could admit that its hard designing stuff that please everybody on first try and its a work in progress toward making it more and more fun and what people like

but i fear this will never happen

GGG have little to never worked on expansion content, never they buff or reworked Masters missions nor Sacrifice of the vaal content (aside from few vaal gems)
ZiggyD is the Labyrinth of streamers, some like it, some dont, but GGG will make sure to push it down ur throat to make you like it
Love the idea of the Labrnith but in practice it has been disappointing. Have been in POE since the beta, have never had OP char., but have gotten many up to level 75 or above. Never tried Azzira. In the Perandus league I have a lvel 85 trapper that has done normal and Cruel Lab, cant do merciless. Have two level 78s that have just done normal, have tried cruel and haven't gotten it. My girl friend and I play two characters together, they finally got normal lab at about level 75, her Energy Sheild char. gets one shot by traps. I'm not an expert player, more of a plugger, but the lab seems restrictive, unless you have an very good char. basically your going to miss out on the benefits of Ascendancy.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info