Small vocal minority?

"
Conclusion: What would kill the game is doing what lab haters want, not what they are actually doing, because lab haters and GGG goals are opposed to each other.
This. Otherwise PoE would be no different from D3 at some point. Blizzard listened a lot to these "small minority crybabies" and despite its fundamental flaws, D3 turned into an korean exp grinder.

People need to understand that it is impossible to please everyone. And since it really seems to be a small vocal minority, well.. suck it up, get over it or quit the game. It is not like the world spins around you guys, that's just one way to ruin games these days. Damn I hate this generation of so called gamers. They want something but couldnt be arsed to do something for said reward.
"
Phrazz wrote:
"
innervation wrote:

Why not? Because that's akin to buying Forza or Need for Speed and having the developers gate new cars and tracks behind playing a First Person Shooter. How long they make you play that FPS is irrelevant to the premise that it is illogical, non sensical, and better served making them unlock via...oh I don't know....racing cars?

Jeeze" Relax, dude. It's a game. You are still hackin' and slashin' mosters in the lab. There's even a couple of bosses.

Oh no, an ARPG that's trying out something new, making it different from any other ARPG out there. Straw poll God forbid.

What part of what I wrote was anything other than calm? Implying that people are 'raging' or 'crying' is generally something people do as misdirection when they're losing an argument on the substance of the issues.

In my post critiquing the Lab made on the day it released I addressed the lack of monster occurrence and pack size. If you're killing monsters in the Lab, you're doing it wrong. It's not worth your time in terms of experience or items. Pointing to the few skeletons that spawn (which exist only to refill your flask charges) is a pretty sad defense of the idea that playing the Lab is like playing the rest of the game.

You're right on Izaro - and that's the only nice thing I had to say about the Lab (again, covered on day 1).

I also covered the nuance between innovating, and genre bending for the sake of novelty. They crossed that line here in an un-fun way.
"
Remove bandits skill points choice too, i don't want to kill them.

I don't know why i have to kill the bandits on the 3 difficulties to get my skill point or any other bonus. Pls, put the rewards in the conversation menu from Eramir. I kill monsters in this game, i don't want to kill bandits because they are humans!

By the way, why can't i have all my 123 skill points in twilight strand when the game starts? I promise i will use them only when i level up, big deal.

And another. Why can't i roam from normal to merciless? I don't want to finish the game to change difficulty.

And to finish: turns out i don't want to play your game, i want to play a game i idealize.

Sarcasms apart, that's how the game works, you know, ascendancy is just another content, people see it as extra power only, but it is content to be played(wow), lol.

Right, it was unacceptable when it lagged as hell in there when Perandus started. Getting disconnected changing screens in there made it frustrating. Now they fixed it, fine. Now i don't like the labyrinth. Because of the frustration i had once, but i run it for my ascendancy points because... it's THE GAME.

Other point: I don't like it, but i don't want it to change because it would be senseless getting extra power by doing nothing, the feeling of accomplishing something with my char would be nonexistent and boring. I just hope the lab from maps doesn't have the constant disconnect the normal lab had on the beginning of this league.

GGG: wants to keep the players playing(wow, such discovery by me).
Lab haters: want to play easier content to stop playing earlier / play less and go on with their lives.

Conclusion: What would kill the game is doing what lab haters want, not what they are actually doing, because lab haters and GGG goals are opposed to each other.

Sarcasm part was poorly employed here, and its refuted in many posts since the lab came out.
Shortly: By that logic, we can accept anything and the game can be played by robots instead of people. There is a reason a lot of people are speaking out, acknowledge the reason and try to skip the part where " GGG made it like this, hence if you dont like it just silently take it".

It sounds like you area god speaking when you say " i want to play the game i idealize ". Posts tell you why we have issues with it, dont dismiss my writing and delve into psychology you cant back up with arguments. Nobody is complaining about getting 1 skill point per amount of xp gained. People are complaining about lab. You again go into " how dare you complain " areas.

Lab haters want to play the game MORE because playing the lab is driving us away from it (not me, i will still play it, and get my points. After that ill never run it again). That does not stop me from voicing my opinion such as it is.

We object the lab because its annoying and counter to why we come here to play. This has been said over and over in the post. And in other posts.
So far, people who wish to silence the people they dont agree with come about like this :
1. How dare you complain. GGG knows best, and if you dont like it leave.
This is not in your power, and you deciding our fate like some kind of a god is funny.
2. I like the lab, therefore whatever you say is irrelevant.
I agree with this, but i am not trying to take the lab away from you.
3. You cant get points for nothing.
We dont need them for nothing, we can earn them by playing something that we consider fun and ARPGy.
4.This is just subjective nonsense.
Yes, so is whatever you say. Its the numbers of people that change something(or fail to do so).
5. LAB IS NOT HARD!!!!!
I know. We know. In our opinion its tedious and goes upstream to our reasons for playing poe. More of these reasons earlier and in other posts.

This, and other arguments are well written earlier.

TLDR;
Dont tell us that we cant complain. Dont tell us we have no right to complain. We are not trying to remove anything from the game. We are voicing our opinions and we are INCLUSIVE with anyone who wants to discuss.
It is kinda sad how people get attacked, belittled and spoken to like they are medieval peasants for voicing their opinion in a place that is designed specifically for that.

Cheers
"
Antaiseito wrote:
Chris didnt come off as arrogant, he even takes his time to talk to the playerbase and explain their vision.

Taking your time to talk about something you decided dont make you less of an arrogant... Donald Trump always take his time to say his point of view and damn he's arrogant

"
Antaiseito wrote:
Youre just spoiled if you want character power for free.
Nobody is asking free points people are just asking not to have points gated behind such shit content

its like if you have a job and all of a sudden your boss comes and tell you " Ill give you a 30% raise if you shove a pineapple in ur butt".

Some people would do it without question because they like it, some would do it because its a 30% raise despite the pain.Some will question it asking " can i do something else to have that raise, i dont like doing what you ask me"

the later are the people publicly saying their dislike of the lab

Labyrinth is a Pineapple you know where for a lot of people, its a major pain in the ass

note: i tried to use the most politically correct wordings in order to respect the forum rules but this needs a strong image to show how uncomfortable the lab is for most people
ZiggyD is the Labyrinth of streamers, some like it, some dont, but GGG will make sure to push it down ur throat to make you like it
Last edited by Sexcalibure on May 26, 2016, 4:18:10 PM
"
They want something but couldnt be arsed to do something for said reward.

"
Antaiseito wrote:
Chris didnt come off as arrogant, he even takes his time to talk to the playerbase and explain their vision. Youre just spoiled if you want character power for free.

This is the biggest strawman on the forums right now. Read

https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1609216/page/1

It's biggest thread on the issue. The only text he bothered to bold was the stance of 99% of people asking for lab changes:

"So what im suggesting here is for GGG to consider at some point to remove the ascendancy points from labyrinth. Not make them completely free, but remove that tedious, frustrating and unfun playstyle as a requirement to acquire them."
Last edited by innervation on May 26, 2016, 4:17:19 PM
"
innervation wrote:
If you're killing monsters in the Lab, you're doing it wrong.

Oh, I wasn't aware of the one, true way to play PoE.

As I don't read all of your post, I can't really take your old sharings on the matter into account. I'm sorry. But the post I quoted, made it sound like you didn't like the "difference" of the lab, and how it offers something new or different.

Personally, I don't like the lab, but I figure 30 mins of lab, to ascend mye characters - so I can enjoy the ascendancy points for hours, is OK. But me not liking the lab, is solely subjective, and I respect that others like it and find it fun. And I think it's great that GGG thinks a it outside the box now and then, to try to create something new.

But yes, they should've made a straw poll about it.
Sometimes, just sometimes, you should really consider adapting to the world, instead of demanding that the world adapts to you.
"
Phrazz wrote:
"
innervation wrote:
If you're killing monsters in the Lab, you're doing it wrong.

Oh, I wasn't aware of the one, true way to play PoE.

As I don't read all of your post, I can't really take your old sharings on the matter into account. I'm sorry. But the post I quoted, made it sound like you didn't like the "difference" of the lab, and how it offers something new or different.

Personally, I don't like the lab, but I figure 30 mins of lab, to ascend mye characters - so I can enjoy the ascendancy points for hours, is OK. But me not liking the lab, is solely subjective, and I respect that others like it and find it fun. And I think it's great that GGG thinks a it outside the box now and then, to try to create something new.

But yes, they should've made a straw poll about it.

Why is it bad to voice your complaint if you dont like something different? I dont get this argument. Am i forced to like anything that is different? Or i am forced to not liking it while keeping quiet?

I go about the lab, as you do, get in there for the points with the least amount of trouble that i can muster.
Nobody that complains legitimately about the lab wants it removed, just because a large amount of people love it. But since its divisive, do something about the most divisive part of it. Give Ascendancy points in another manner, like maybe after first izaro.. and if you want other things go dive into the lab for the rest. Or any other manner that was mentioned earlier or in other posts.
Make it inclusive for everyone while keeping the difficulty and the significant repeatable rewards that the lab offers.
"
_Emperor_ wrote:
"
Remove bandits skill points choice too, i don't want to kill them.

I don't know why i have to kill the bandits on the 3 difficulties to get my skill point or any other bonus. Pls, put the rewards in the conversation menu from Eramir. I kill monsters in this game, i don't want to kill bandits because they are humans!

By the way, why can't i have all my 123 skill points in twilight strand when the game starts? I promise i will use them only when i level up, big deal.

And another. Why can't i roam from normal to merciless? I don't want to finish the game to change difficulty.

And to finish: turns out i don't want to play your game, i want to play a game i idealize.

Sarcasms apart, that's how the game works, you know, ascendancy is just another content, people see it as extra power only, but it is content to be played(wow), lol.

Right, it was unacceptable when it lagged as hell in there when Perandus started. Getting disconnected changing screens in there made it frustrating. Now they fixed it, fine. Now i don't like the labyrinth. Because of the frustration i had once, but i run it for my ascendancy points because... it's THE GAME.

Other point: I don't like it, but i don't want it to change because it would be senseless getting extra power by doing nothing, the feeling of accomplishing something with my char would be nonexistent and boring. I just hope the lab from maps doesn't have the constant disconnect the normal lab had on the beginning of this league.

GGG: wants to keep the players playing(wow, such discovery by me).
Lab haters: want to play easier content to stop playing earlier / play less and go on with their lives.

Sarcasm part was poorly employed here, and its refuted in many posts since the lab came out.
Shortly: By that logic, we can accept anything and the game can be played by robots instead of people. There is a reason a lot of people are speaking out, acknowledge the reason and try to skip the part where " GGG made it like this, hence if you dont like it just silently take it".

It sounds like you area god speaking when you say " i want to play the game i idealize ". Posts tell you why we have issues with it, dont dismiss my writing and delve into psychology you cant back up with arguments. Nobody is complaining about getting 1 skill point per amount of xp gained. People are complaining about lab. You again go into " how dare you complain " areas.

Lab haters want to play the game MORE because playing the lab is driving us away from it (not me, i will still play it, and get my points. After that ill never run it again). That does not stop me from voicing my opinion such as it is.

We object the lab because its annoying and counter to why we come here to play. This has been said over and over in the post. And in other posts.
So far, people who wish to silence the people they dont agree with come about like this :
1. How dare you complain. GGG knows best, and if you dont like it leave.
This is not in your power, and you deciding our fate like some kind of a god is funny.
2. I like the lab, therefore whatever you say is irrelevant.
I agree with this, but i am not trying to take the lab away from you.
3. You cant get points for nothing.
We dont need them for nothing, we can earn them by playing something that we consider fun and ARPGy.
4.This is just subjective nonsense.
Yes, so is whatever you say. Its the numbers of people that change something(or fail to do so).
5. LAB IS NOT HARD!!!!!
I know. We know. In our opinion its tedious and goes upstream to our reasons for playing poe. More of these reasons earlier and in other posts.

This, and other arguments are well written earlier.

TLDR;
Dont tell us that we cant complain. Dont tell us we have no right to complain. We are not trying to remove anything from the game. We are voicing our opinions and we are INCLUSIVE with anyone who wants to discuss.
It is kinda sad how people get attacked, belittled and spoken to like they are medieval peasants for voicing their opinion in a place that is designed specifically for that.

Cheers

I didn't say you can't complain. But to go to play the game. You say lab haters want to play the game, but they are actually complaining about what the game itself is. Don't you think those diverge? They want them to make a different game, THEN, play it. Complain as much as you want, man, you're free. I'm not using psychology, just stating the obvious, which is... labyrinth is just part of the game, as masters, as bandits quests, as leveling. It's content, it just came with some extra power.
Sometimes...
POE doesn't fit my pedantic narrow definition of what an ARPG is. I demand GGG change it to be exactly like every ARPG in existence.
"

I didn't say you can't complain. But to go to play the game. You say lab haters want to play the game, but they are actually complaining about what the game itself is. Don't you think those diverge? They want them to make a different game, THEN, play it. Complain as much as you want, man, you're free. I'm not using psychology, just stating the obvious, which is... labyrinth is just part of the game, as masters, as bandits quests, as leveling. It's content, it just came with some extra power.

I am playing the game. And im playing the lab. If it stays like this i will still play it. I would like to enjoy myself while doing it. Poe is a sum of its parts, lab is the only part that i positively dislike and FORCE myself to do it.
I wouldnt if i didnt have to get my awesome points.

Everything is something. Some of the greatest games ever had parts that people didnt like. IF i had forums when i played my stupid old Sega system i would write there too about things that i didnt like.

GGG is heralded as one of the few developers that listens and actually does something if enough reasonable arguments are presented. Since it is like that, many people voice things that they dont like. Most of those never amount to any significant momentum. Some do.
Currently i hope this amounts to something, if not. Tough titty :)

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info