Cast on Crit is degenerative.

"
Astarte911 wrote:

How is it actually done ?

In signal processing, microprocessor based systems and especially motor inverters this is still pretty much state-of-the-art (execution of actions, also shannon sampling theorem).

A GGG developer would have to answer. But suppose you start clicking with a human delay of 100ms and you are able to click once every 100ms from then on (as opposed to sending a click down command, and the game waits for a click up command to stop repeating the action), and you have a ping of 50ms.

If you have a ping of 0, a person clicking every 100ms would expect 4 clicks registered between 0 and 499ms.

0ms - Nothing
50ms - Server Receives Nothing
100ms - You click - 1
150ms - Click is registered
200ms - You click - 2
250ms - Your click is registered
300ms - You click - 3
350ms - Your click is registered
400ms - You click - 4
450ms - Your click is registered
500ms - You click (post 500)
550ms - Your click is registered

As you can see there's no actual limit based on your ping, and it entirely comes down to your ability to click if you do it individually (especially if your click is slower than your ping), even if they use the old methods that don't support click downs (or your computer/mouse won't support a clickdown message being sent every millisecond or so).

Your ping only imparts a delay on your initial attack, not your total APS.
Last edited by ihasmario on Jan 21, 2016, 4:28:44 AM
i see. I would assume there are mainly other physical restriction that could limit your aps.

Btw:

;)))
Welcome to the greatest of arenas, Duelist. God is watching you.

Last edited by Astarte911 on Jan 21, 2016, 5:00:44 AM
How does CoCS limit design space? In my opinion one just has to get a little more creative when balancing new skills.

Let's look at an example of a slow, hard-hitting spell that is intended for self-casting purposes:
As it stands, the low cast time is completely ignored by CoCS, and so the spell would be magnitudes stronger on CoCS compared to self-cast.
If that spell now had a cooldown significant enough to prevent it from being useful for CoCS, chances are that self-casters also don't like the slow (because limited) cast rate.
To remedy that situation, what if we had cast speed affect spell cooldowns? (Or, for that matter, introduce a new stat called "spell cooldown reduction" that appears in combination with cast speed passives - then it doesn't get as ridiculous with items like Pledge of Hands and is easier to balance.)

I'm quite optimistic that the average CoCS-character has no passive points left to also include cast speed in their tree. Also cast speed on gear is no option (due to having limited options in the first place) and frenzy charges - well, which passives to sacrifice to get more than 3 of them?

And regarding the potency of spells casted by CoCS versus self-cast:
I'd guess* that the self-caster (if similarly offensively build) has an advantage of about 300-400% increased spell damage over the CoCS character, while still having access to all the same spell crit nodes.

*meaning this is an assumption - I did not research this numerical range
Crit happens.
"
It's fine.

^
"
SaiyanZ wrote:
Those talking about ping affecting cast speed. It only affects the initial hit.

It's actually your fps that affects cast speed. When your fps dips, max cast speed drops as well. There's some videos out there where people have tested this in the past.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=kZFFm1MT0jI#t=491

Good to know!
Welcome to the greatest of arenas, Duelist. God is watching you.

Dream Patch Notes:
"
Chris wrote:
  • Cast on Critical Strike has been retired to the plane of elemental fire to be reforged anew

All trigger gems are fucked imo, but CoC is the worst offender by far.
IGN: Victory_Or_Sovngarde
It's not a 13 week development cycle, it's a 13 week supporter-pack cycle.
You can play any build you want, as long as it's the current meta.
I wonder what would happen to coc if the voll uniques were removed
"
Saltychipmunk wrote:

It's not only about volls and dicharge. Romira's Bonquet is huge part of that synergy and even if you would remove both, they would spam something else then Discharge.

It will never happen anyway. Too many players would quit in tears.
Last edited by Diphal on Jan 21, 2016, 12:59:51 PM
"
Diphal wrote:
"
Saltychipmunk wrote:

It's not only about volls and dicharge. Romira's Bonquet is huge part of that synergy and even if you would remove both, they would spam something else then Discharge.

It will never happen anyway. Too many players would quit in tears.

Shotgun was removed as well...
Idunno why people are saying if they nerfed CoC "the masses would quit" like it's "popularity" is protecting it.

If you actually looked at the game, everyone is playing chaos/chaos conversions or vaal sparks or some shit. Ranged shit like blast rain or totems(Converted to chaos again so not really).

https://www.reddit.com/r/pathofexile/comments/3z5ob1/fluff_210_meta_in_a_nutshell/

Pretty accurate picture of what's going on.

Hell even the person who made "CoC" extremely popular (Or what people think is "popular") "Mathil" stripped his CoC discharge character and stopped playing it to play v-rift blast rain. He completely just dropped the build dead and stop supporting it/talking about it.

The original person that made CoC discharge popular in reddit gave up on the build, like come on.
Last edited by RagnarokChu on Jan 21, 2016, 4:09:58 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info