Cast on Crit is degenerative.

They should just fucking..

Make it cast only 1 spell.

Internal 150ms cooldown.

Fixed.
I am the light of the morning and the shadow on the wall, I am nothing and I am all.
"
So you say you can't give any feedback, on anything, because GGG wants it to be the way it is?
Yeah, that seems about right.

No wait, that is total bullshit. :V

No im saying that simply asking for the gem to be deleted is poor feedback and that i like a skill that triggers other skills (seems unique in arpg's but could be wrong)
Right now the only thing that I would agree with is discharge could be nerfed, thats about the only op coc skill that i have seen.
"
Fhark wrote:
"
So you say you can't give any feedback, on anything, because GGG wants it to be the way it is?
Yeah, that seems about right.

No wait, that is total bullshit. :V

No im saying that simply asking for the gem to be deleted is poor feedback and that i like a skill that triggers other skills (seems unique in arpg's but could be wrong)
Right now the only thing that I would agree with is discharge could be nerfed, thats about the only op coc skill that i have seen.

I don't think its unique its only the aspects of linking specific skills with a wide variety of things you can swap out whenever is the unique aspect.

Grim dawn for example has its passive tree thing that has skills that proc of many things.
https://youtu.be/T9kygXtkh10?t=285

FeelsBadMan

Remove MF from POE, make juiced map the new MF.
"
Saltychipmunk wrote:

Good, Good, you get it. CoC is but a single weed in what is now, unfortunately, a garden of weeds. The big picture is that right now there are too many extremely powerful builds that simply trivialize the content. poe is not even a quarter as difficult as it was in open beta. this is an inescapable fact. this be an easy game right now if you pick one of those popular builds.

Make no mistake though, it is still a weed.

Your problem isn't CoC is OP or degenertive or anything. No, your problem is way more fundamental than that.

Your problem is power creep has hit, and it has hit hard. You don't like the direction this game took. That's totally different. Here's the lil secret though. Some of those "OP" builds, can't even clear every map. Hell, a two of them, can't even reliably (guarantee no death) clear all of act 4, even in full build. Vaal Spark & CoC get *obliterated* by Shav, completely ignoring map shav. Very few builds can even remotely reliably kill twinned Daresso and plenty struggle on just a single Daresso - you start adding in damage mods, and this quickly becomes *incredibly* dangerous.

CoC ST struggles on bosses. CoC Discharge(cyclone) is slow on trash - it has to slowly cyclone through everything. Bow/Wand CoCs are sort of a middle man - a bit slower on both. All of them are slower than good 'ol windripper/LLST/Lowlife Beyblade/etc. on top-tier maps/Uber Atziri(any build can do regular Atziri with enough currency behind it).

If your problem is that CoC works well with relatively low currency, It's not the only powerful budget build, and it certainly isn't the safest or most versatile. Totem BF/SWT/most good totem builds. I've tried both recently(CoC ST and SWT), and honestly - I'm thinking of going SWT in new league, because of how much smoother early map play is and how little currency it takes to get started. No need for Vagan's daggers, elreon jewelery, plenty of room for IIR/IIQ, etc, with only have ~20%ish slower clear times(and less stragglers). Not to mention how well SWT scales into end-game and how powerful it becomes as you get gear.
Last edited by Musashi951 on Feb 23, 2016, 3:48:08 PM
My problem is that something as mindless and passive as CoC outclasses most of options. The power creep is real in this game but at least make people actually do more than play with one button.
"
CoC is the most degenerative thing in the game.

This comes from a guy who plays both CoC and caster builds.

If GGG came up with the spell which hits really, really hard, but takes a lot of time to cast, BAM - let me cast it million times with my coc.

There is a way around that however, and Flameblast is a testament to that. We need more spells like that.

On the other hand, CoC is degenerative for another reason - graphical engine can't support it, and even people with great machines experience occasional hiccups.

CoC in it's current form has no place in the game.

I thin that solution would be to put a further cooldown on it, so you can cast only so much spells, but I already see a mountain of rages and rage quits, and since GGG seems to want to cater to everyone these days, I don't forsee this happening.

Agree.

Solution?
Change stats to this:
1. From "Supported Attacks have a 70% chance to Cast Supported Spells when you Crit an Enemy" on this stat: "Supported Attacks have a 8% chance to Cast Supported Spells when you Crit an Enemy"

and

2. From "Cooldown Time: 50ms" on this: "Cooldown Time: 100ms"

Or Add new stat: "90% less crit chance"

UPD: And with no changes CoC limit pretty much all melee and caster so much, it hurts game more then anything.
Necropolis master craft service Necropolis My IGN TreeOfDead
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2037371 Vouch
Necropolis veiled crafting all service all crafts mods
Necropolis SC master craft service Necropolis SC craft mod!
Veiled crafting Service Necropolis craft PM: TreeOfDead
^^ right and noone has yet given a proper example of a coc build that is op (eg coc spec throw seems worse then simply being a voltaxic ranger) aside from discharge, discharge coc and mjolner will already be nerfed harder by the 6% max res from flasks then many other builds (since they need to facetank a lot). Im not really sure of the need for a nerf but changing the crit chance of discharge to base 6% would be pretty substantial.
Last edited by Fhark on Feb 24, 2016, 4:17:02 PM
"
Fhark wrote:
^^ right and noone has yet given a proper example of a coc build that is op (eg coc spec throw seems worse then simply being a voltaxic ranger) aside from discharge, discharge coc and mjolner will already be nerfed harder by the 6% max res from flasks then many other builds (since they need to facetank a lot). Im not really sure of the need for a nerf but changing the crit chance of discharge to base 6% would be pretty substantial.

[Removed by Support]

It's not (only) about that CoC is currently overpowered but that it limits new (and old now nerfed versions of Flame Surge and Etheral Knives) spells to be fast casting with low damage (compared to old version Flame Surge and Etheral Knives).
As soon as you add a spell that's let's say deals 2000 damage per hit on level 20 without passives, gear and support but needs 2 seconds to cast it will be overpowered in a CoC build because they don't care about the cast time of 2 seconds because it's triggered.

GOT IT? Maybe? Probably getting ignored. Not like that it was already mentioned 50 times in this thread.
Last edited by Brian_GGG on Feb 24, 2016, 5:53:21 PM
"
GOT IT? Maybe? Probably getting ignored. Not like that it was already mentioned 50 times in this thread.

Actually whats mentioned 50 times in this thread is either 1/2 coc's proc ability or get rid of it entirely (which is what i was replying to.)
I dont see that your example limits ggg that much in balance perhaps just make the spell channeled, but believe what you want its all very hypothetical.
"
It's fine.

Try haloperidol.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info