[2.2][hc/sc][cheap/atziri with only a 4link][insane aoe][ +100k dps] [fast clear][tutorial video]

Hello there!

I am currently playing this build in Perandus SC @ lvl 85, wanted to share some insight of my experience with it

First of all my Gear, which cost me about 2 ex + some stuff is selffound (like the helmet and boots) this is after ~ 3 to 4 days of playing the league. also, this is my first char in the league

Gear:
Spoiler

obviously there is still alot to improve (ring/amulet/boots/helmet/belt/offhand/links and gems)

whith this gear and currently lvl 19 fireball i hit ~31k dps tooltip damage (with fire golem, without power charges)

the clearspeed is insane even up to tier 11 maps (havent done higher since i didnt find any higher tier maps yet, i am very confident i can easily clear those, too)

leveling this build
Spoiler
... is super easy, go with fire storm + fire trap. aim for the 3 rolling flames jewels in skill tree. once you get all 3 swap to fire ball + gmp + spell echo/elemental focus and wreck everything up to endgame. make sure to get frostwall with fire ball for easy boss snipes

now to some theorycrafting and testing i did for this build:

skill tree slightly optimized to my playstyle (shadow)
Spoiler

lvl 84 skill tree:
https://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAABAYBAAMeBAcEswVCBx4I9A_EEFgQkhEtES8Rlha_F7AaOBqBHNwfQSL0IzYmlScvKgsrCixGLJwyMjLROlg62DsNO3w8BTy9PV9BlkVHRXxFnUlRSbFKi0yzUEJRdFJTUxBTNVNSVUtVxl3yXyph4mSdZlRo8mpDbAttGXBSfIN_xoKbg9uFMoV7h2WJ04w2jr6PGo_6kFWSwZMnlS6XlZf0mjua4J_foS-iAKKjppmus7VIuMq86r6KwFTAZsrT0B_Q9dWm18_fsOtj6-Tr7uv17DjtPO9874jv6_Af8NXyHfk3?accountName=AkaAka&characterName=InfernalTactics

-I swapped out 1 int node near the witch start, so i could get that 16% spell damage node. you need the int nodes anyway for rolling flames, and 16% spell damage is definitely worth getting imo
-I focused a little more on life/es than op

i am planning on investing into power charges instead of the %chaos damage nodes as i get higher level

full skill tree would probably look like that
https://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAABAYBAAMeBAcEswVCBx4I9A_EEFgQkhEtES8Rlha_F7AaOBqBHNwfQSL0IzYmlScvKgsrCixGLJwyMjLROtg7DTt8PAU8vT1fQZZFR0V8RZ1JUUmxSotMs1BCUXRSU1MQUzVTUlVLVcZd8l8qYeJknWZUaPJqQ2wLbRlwUnyDf8aCm4PbhTKFe4dlidOMNo6-jxqP-pBVksGTJ5Uul5WX9Jo7muCf36EvogCio6aZrrO1SLjKvOq-isBUwGbK09Af0PXVptfP37DrY-vk6-7r9ew47TzvfO-I7-vwH_DV8h35NylPnjyMdiBuUDDbXmu3hX3jhA3RY0MbyM_d8Yo=

5 link fireball; conc effect vs faster casting
Spoiler

fire ball + spell echo + elemental focus + gmp + conc effect/faster casting

spell echo locks you in place for the cast duration, which can be quite annoying, sometimes even dangerous (for example in labyrinth) so we want some basic level of cast speed.
if you go with conc effect make sure you get some cast speed on your gear or in the skill tree.
i prefer faster casting over conc effect as the damage is more than enough (30k), we get slightly bigger fire ball aoe and i am more agile which really fits my playstyle. be aware that conc effect doesnt affect tooltip damage, it is probably the better dps option over faster casting, havent done the maths

Clear Mind Jewel vs Arctic Armour
Spoiler
I initially started this build with a Clear Mind Jewel and no reserved mana, but later on in the game, especially in maps i felt like the build lacked alot of survivability so i opted to replace clear mind with a rare 12/16 spell/fire spell dmg jewel and arctic armour, you lose some dps (about 1k i think) but the survivability you get from arctic armour is needed to survive late game. keep in mind that it puts you ~1/3 closer to "low mana" at all time, so if you are using it with infernal mantle you need to focus a bit more on mana/mana regen on your gear to make sure you avoid that 100% exptra spell damage received. make sure you have something like this to avoid being in low mana range

Power Charges, yes or no ?!
Spoiler
with the new ascendancy trees we get a node that provides 10% chance to get a power charge on non crit. since we almost always crit with this build, thanks to the assassin tree, this on its own is quite useless as you rarely get a power charge. however, if we combine this with a cwdt(1) - arc(8) - pcoc(20) setup this will become quite valuable, as it will help reset the timer on power charges resulting in ~80 - 90% power charge uptime. the arc + pcoc replaces the fire storm + curse on hit in op's setup, so we just put a warlords mark in the fourth link. if you find yourself losing power charges frequently, adjust your playstyle by walking up to weak mobs and getting hit 1-2 times on purpose, to easily reset your power charge timer.

dual consuming dark
Spoiler
havent fully tested it yet, but imo i agree with op that you lose too much damage. plus infernal mantle fits this build so perfectly

ele reflect (no vaal pact)
Spoiler
my experience with reflect is, that it is very manageable even without a ruby flask (but 75% chaos conversion). since reflect on rare mobs isnt an aura anymore, and it only affects the rare, its not that easy to burst yourself to 0% hp anymore. make sure you are not using frostwall on the reflect mob, and just chip single fire ball damage in until its dead. you will hardly lose any life doing that. as to reflect maps, this is alot harder. i tried running a t9 reflect, and with a ruby flask, slow progress and caution it is doable, but not recommendable to play frequently, without vaal pact.

utility spell (vms/vfb etc.)
Spoiler
i am currently using a Vaal Molten Shell - inc duration - inc aoe - life leech setup. it helps with certain situations and bosses, as it deals a ton of damage and makes you alot tankier. not tested yet, but i think this would be even more powerfull with vaal pact, as you consistently leech large amounts when getting hit. DONT RUN INTO ELE REFLECT WHEN USING THIS!
examples where to use this:
-perandus chest or any mob with proximity shield
-strongboxes
-boss that jumps on you or charges
-clear large packs of mobs
etc.

as to other options, i havent tested everything yet so i might update this later on

perandus league enchantments
Spoiler
[gloves] decree of inferno (meteor on kill) is best in slot here imo. we tend to not be upclose to our enemies most of the time, so decree of flames (fire nova on kill) is not worth it. the meteor however aims itself, deals tons of splash damage and is very powerful overall. it happens quite often that i see it clearing an entire pack of mobs or one hitting a rare mob. it also helps your single target with bosses, as long as they spawn mobs to kill

[boots] i can see multiple mods being useful here, i will list them in order of preference by what i think is the best:
-0.6% of Damage Leeched as Life and Mana if you've Killed Recently
-Adds 45-68 Fire Damage if you've Killed Recently
-Regenerate 2.0% of Life and Mana per second if you were Hit Recently
-16% increased Attack and Cast Speed if you've Killed Recently
-8% chance to Dodge Spell Damage if you've taken Spell Damage Recently

[helmet] again, listing things that i think could be useful to us, this time in no particular order:
-Arc chains an additional 3 times (faster power charge generation)
-30% increased Arc Shock Chance (not sure if arcs shock duration would be long enough, as its only lvl 8)
-36% increased Arctic Armour Buff Effect (YES!)
-30% reduced Arctic Armour Mana Reservation (more YES!)
-100% increased Effect of the Buff granted by your Chaos Golems (might be viable to swap flame with chaos golem if you need survivability)
-30% reduced Clarity Mana Reservation (more LIFE!)
-40% increased Fireball Damage (best in slot probably)
-12% increased Fireball Cast Speed
-150% increased Effect of the Buff granted by your Flame Golems (30% increased damage)
-36% increased Immortal Call Duration (not too good but okay)
-30% chance for Immortal Call to not consume Endurance Charges (probably not worth since we trigger it frequently with cwdt)
-30% increased Warlord's Mark Curse Effect (more leech)

I am also planning on testing low life later on once i have the currency
share your experience with me if you have tested it already :)
Last edited by AkaAka on Mar 19, 2016, 3:55:07 AM
"
AkaAka wrote:
Hello there!

I am currently playing this build in Perandus SC @ lvl 85, wanted to share some insight of my experience with it

First of all my Gear, which cost me about 2 ex + some stuff is selffound (like the helmet and boots) this is after ~ 3 to 4 days of playing the league. also, this is my first char in the league

Gear:
Spoiler

obviously there is still alot to improve (ring/amulet/boots/helmet/belt/offhand/links and gems)

whith this gear and currently lvl 19 fireball i hit ~31k dps tooltip damage (with fire golem, without power charges)

the clearspeed is insane even up to tier 11 maps (havent done higher since i didnt find any higher tier maps yet, i am very confident i can easily clear those, too)

leveling this build
Spoiler
... is super easy, go with fire storm + fire trap. aim for the 3 rolling flames jewels in skill tree. once you get all 3 swap to fire ball + gmp + spell echo/elemental focus and wreck everything up to endgame. make sure to get frostwall with fire ball for easy boss snipes

wow mate nice update there !!!i didnt have time to try the build on the perendus league and seeing how nice you tweaked the build makes my day :-) its nice to see people playing it and adapting it to their needs. I myself agree with the arctic armour idea as long as you mana regen is high enough clear mind isnt necessary. With new version of consuming dark i wasnt sure if reflect would cause trouble or not and you proved it does not.. great job there :-p

Since you are gonna get some power charges will you try the power charges nodes on the lab tree?
if so tell me if its worth it cause im still looking over it and im not sure if power charges would be better than the 100% crit on high and low life.

now to some theorycrafting and testing i did for this build:

skill tree slightly optimized to my playstyle (shadow)
Spoiler

lvl 84 skill tree:
https://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAABAYBAAMeBAcEswVCBx4I9A_EEFgQkhEtES8Rlha_F7AaOBqBHNwfQSL0IzYmlScvKgsrCixGLJwyMjLROlg62DsNO3w8BTy9PV9BlkVHRXxFnUlRSbFKi0yzUEJRdFJTUxBTNVNSVUtVxl3yXyph4mSdZlRo8mpDbAttGXBSfIN_xoKbg9uFMoV7h2WJ04w2jr6PGo_6kFWSwZMnlS6XlZf0mjua4J_foS-iAKKjppmus7VIuMq86r6KwFTAZsrT0B_Q9dWm18_fsOtj6-Tr7uv17DjtPO9874jv6_Af8NXyHfk3?accountName=AkaAka&characterName=InfernalTactics

-I swapped out 1 int node near the witch start, so i could get that 16% spell damage node. you need the int nodes anyway for rolling flames, and 16% spell damage is definitely worth getting imo
-I focused a little more on life/es than op

i am planning on investing into power charges instead of the %chaos damage nodes as i get higher level

full skill tree would probably look like that
https://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAABAYBAAMeBAcEswVCBx4I9A_EEFgQkhEtES8Rlha_F7AaOBqBHNwfQSL0IzYmlScvKgsrCixGLJwyMjLROtg7DTt8PAU8vT1fQZZFR0V8RZ1JUUmxSotMs1BCUXRSU1MQUzVTUlVLVcZd8l8qYeJknWZUaPJqQ2wLbRlwUnyDf8aCm4PbhTKFe4dlidOMNo6-jxqP-pBVksGTJ5Uul5WX9Jo7muCf36EvogCio6aZrrO1SLjKvOq-isBUwGbK09Af0PXVptfP37DrY-vk6-7r9ew47TzvfO-I7-vwH_DV8h35NylPnjyMdiBuUDDbXmu3hX3jhA3RY0MbyM_d8Yo=

5 link fireball; conc effect vs faster casting
Spoiler

fire ball + spell echo + elemental focus + gmp + conc effect/faster casting

spell echo locks you in place for the cast duration, which can be quite annoying, sometimes even dangerous (for example in labyrinth) so we want some basic level of cast speed.
if you go with conc effect make sure you get some cast speed on your gear or in the skill tree.
i prefer faster casting over conc effect as the damage is more than enough (30k), we get slightly bigger fire ball aoe and i am more agile which really fits my playstyle. be aware that conc effect doesnt affect tooltip damage, it is probably the better dps option over faster casting, havent done the maths

Clear Mind Jewel vs Arctic Armour
Spoiler
I initially started this build with a Clear Mind Jewel and no reserved mana, but later on in the game, especially in maps i felt like the build lacked alot of survivability so i opted to replace clear mind with a rare 12/16 spell/fire spell dmg jewel and arctic armour, you lose some dps (about 1k i think) but the survivability you get from arctic armour is needed to survive late game. keep in mind that it puts you ~1/3 closer to "low mana" at all time, so if you are using it with infernal mantle you need to focus a bit more on mana/mana regen on your gear to make sure you avoid that 100% exptra spell damage received. make sure you have something like this to avoid being in low mana range

Power Charges, yes or no ?!
Spoiler
with the new ascendancy trees we get a node that provides 10% chance to get a power charge on non crit. since we almost always crit with this build, thanks to the assassin tree, this on its own is quite useless as you rarely get a power charge. however, if we combine this with a cwdt(1) - arc(8) - pcoc(20) setup this will become quite valuable, as it will help reset the timer on power charges resulting in ~80 - 90% power charge uptime. the arc + pcoc replaces the fire storm + curse on hit in op's setup, so we just put a warlords mark in the fourth link. if you find yourself losing power charges frequently, adjust your playstyle by walking up to weak mobs and getting hit 1-2 times on purpose, to easily reset your power charge timer.

dual consuming dark
Spoiler
havent fully tested it yet, but imo i agree with op that you lose too much damage. plus infernal mantle fits this build so perfectly

ele reflect (no vaal pact)
Spoiler
my experience with reflect is, that it is very manageable even without a ruby flask (but 75% chaos conversion). since reflect on rare mobs isnt an aura anymore, and it only affects the rare, its not that easy to burst yourself to 0% hp anymore. make sure you are not using frostwall on the reflect mob, and just chip single fire ball damage in until its dead. you will hardly lose any life doing that. as to reflect maps, this is alot harder. i tried running a t9 reflect, and with a ruby flask, slow progress and caution it is doable, but not recommendable to play frequently, without vaal pact.

utility spell (vms/vfb etc.)
Spoiler
i am currently using a Vaal Molten Shell - inc duration - inc aoe - life leech setup. it helps with certain situations and bosses, as it deals a ton of damage and makes you alot tankier. not tested yet, but i think this would be even more powerfull with vaal pact, as you consistently leech large amounts when getting hit. DONT RUN INTO ELE REFLECT WHEN USING THIS!
examples where to use this:
-perandus chest or any mob with proximity shield
-strongboxes
-boss that jumps on you or charges
-clear large packs of mobs
etc.

as to other options, i havent tested everything yet so i might update this later on

perandus league enchantments
Spoiler
[gloves] decree of inferno (meteor on kill) is best in slot here imo. we tend to not be upclose to our enemies most of the time, so decree of flames (fire nova on kill) is not worth it. the meteor however aims itself, deals tons of splash damage and is very powerful overall. it happens quite often that i see it clearing an entire pack of mobs or one hitting a rare mob. it also helps your single target with bosses, as long as they spawn mobs to kill

[boots] i can see multiple mods being useful here, i will list them in order of preference by what i think is the best:
-0.6% of Damage Leeched as Life and Mana if you've Killed Recently
-Adds 45-68 Fire Damage if you've Killed Recently
-Regenerate 2.0% of Life and Mana per second if you were Hit Recently
-16% increased Attack and Cast Speed if you've Killed Recently
-8% chance to Dodge Spell Damage if you've taken Spell Damage Recently

[helmet] again, listing things that i think could be useful to us, this time in no particular order:
-Arc chains an additional 3 times (faster power charge generation)
-30% increased Arc Shock Chance (not sure if arcs shock duration would be long enough, as its only lvl 8)
-36% increased Arctic Armour Buff Effect (YES!)
-30% reduced Arctic Armour Mana Reservation (more YES!)
-100% increased Effect of the Buff granted by your Chaos Golems (might be viable to swap flame with chaos golem if you need survivability)
-30% reduced Clarity Mana Reservation (more LIFE!)
-40% increased Fireball Damage (best in slot probably)
-12% increased Fireball Cast Speed
-150% increased Effect of the Buff granted by your Flame Golems (30% increased damage)
-36% increased Immortal Call Duration (not too good but okay)
-30% chance for Immortal Call to not consume Endurance Charges (probably not worth since we trigger it frequently with cwdt)
-30% increased Warlord's Mark Curse Effect (more leech)

"
Nosrak wrote:
Are we going to see the atziri/uber video's soon? Hate to be a pain, but I like the look of this and am definitely considering it for my next build, just want to see the atziri fight in action.

dont worry mate i promised the video quite a long time ago and still didnt make it so you have all the rights to be a pain about it :-p i will try to update it asap.
I'm blind or you don't write what Bandit's we must help/kill?
"
TwardykorPL wrote:
I'm blind or you don't write what Bandit's we must help/kill?

help oak normal
kill all cruel
kill all merciless

(Power charges could be good if you decide to build around those)
"
MrUNIC0RN wrote:

wow mate nice update there !!!i didnt have time to try the build on the perendus league and seeing how nice you tweaked the build makes my day :-) its nice to see people playing it and adapting it to their needs. I myself agree with the arctic armour idea as long as you mana regen is high enough clear mind isnt necessary. With new version of consuming dark i wasnt sure if reflect would cause trouble or not and you proved it does not.. great job there :-p

Since you are gonna get some power charges will you try the power charges nodes on the lab tree?
if so tell me if its worth it cause im still looking over it and im not sure if power charges would be better than the 100% crit on high and low life.

thanks for the kind words :P
arctic armour really makes the difference for me where i dont have to worry about running into a pack of mobs and start spamming fireballs. since i invested more into life/es i am currently running 4k life/2,3k es (after clarity reservation), so this build can actually be quite tanky (considering its a dual wield caster without any armor/evade).

i will try the power charge nodes eventually, i actually think they might be the better choice but i still have to test that. waiting to get to lvl 90+ before i spec into power charges

generally though, if you go with the 100% more crit tree, do not get more than 48-50% crit chance as it gets multiplied by 2 on most of our hits. crit multiplier is our most powerful damage source here
if you go with the power charge tree, get all the crit chance you can get without sacrificing anything else. we still have 100% more crit on full life hits. crit multiplier is also of high priority here, but after crit chance.

some updates to my previous post:

- i cleared a t12 map without any problems
- i attempted my first ever atziri kill with this build (almost got her, death number 6 on last split phase)

update:
Spoiler
on the second and third attempt i killed atziri with 3 deaths on second, 1 death on third attempt. she dropped me an atziris promise, which turned out to be extremely useful for our build (life leech + 5k damage boost during buff)

atziri
Spoiler
i dont have much experience with atziri, so this is just what i learned from my first attempt

enter map
kill everything, nothing can stop you here

2x vaal oversoul:
cast frost wall on target, quickly burst one down
repeat with second

trio:
precast frostwalls on ranged one from the side of the room, then trigger the fight and burst her down

kill dual claw dude second with frost wall + fireball burst

keep running circles around the room

focus on dodging stuff, throwing fireballs behind you

do not walk into the black ground effects, they kill you fast

kill whirling dude last, do not dodge backwards, as he creates corrupting blood groud effects

atziri:
(linking frost wall with inc duration can be useful here. also replacing spell echo with conc effect can be useful here)
high focus on dodging her attacks
when you have time, cast frost wall on top of her and throw in a few fire balls
heal phase: just kill the zombies
split phase: as soon as she splits, position yourself in one corner, towards a split illusion that is not the mirror one. cast frost walls on top of the target split illusion and quickly burst her down with fireballs. dodge stuff if you have to. repeat this every split phase

how to deal with ele reflect maps without vaal pact
Spoiler
poor mans solution: 75% chaos conversion, ruby flask, lvl 18+ purity of fire. frequently use your health potions when you need them. consider removing a damage gem from your fireball 5link to reduce your damage. super easy to clear any reflect map, as long as you do not rush it
rich mans solution: just get a second consuming dark and swap it with your offhand for ele reflect maps. you lose damage, but you can farm ele reflect without any problems

how to optimize your gear:
Spoiler

consuming dark, infernal mantle are self explanatory.

helmet, belt, boots:
these three slots have to get you to max resist, or close to it. also, life and energy shield is of high importance. movement speed on boots is very useful since whirling blades wont always be the best way to move/dodge

rings:
fill up resists that you couldnt get on these ^. crit chance for more damage, life, mana regen!, mana, energy shield. dexterity if you have stat problems. item rarity only if you have your crit chance where you need it

amulet:
sorted by preference
crit multi, (fire) spell damage, life, mana regen, faster cast, crit chance, %es, mana prioritize resists and dex/str only if you need them.

gloves:
best option here is facebreaker (90% crit multi!)
second best option is maligaro's (50% crit chance/30% multi)
get rare gloves with life/high res/energy shield/dex/str if you are struggling on the defensive side

offhand dagger:
(spell) crit chance, crit multi, spell damage, flat spell damage, mana regen, mana, resists

Last edited by AkaAka on Mar 22, 2016, 12:01:16 PM
You got it right with atziri !! If you jave enough dps you can kill the totty bitch in trio before they even have time to hit you. Then i usually kill tue fire guy while juking around. At last if you got 2 bleeding flask you can just trap the cyclone guy between your wall and spam. Should take about 2 or 3 minutes to clear. Atziri herself is only a cunt when she go into clone phase where you need to avoid her spear(assuming you are imune to reflect...) but it should not be a problem if you dps is high eno8gh with a frost wall on any clone you should down it before they even have time to attack. If you lack the dps dont start throwing balls at them, just juke the fire flameblast and then spray and pray :-)

I am xurrently working on a new build so i am sorry if i dont post here as often as i used to. But i promise you will like this new one :-)
updated witch tree with what i would use. again you could decide to go power charges instead. i just dont want to rely on those for dps so imo the survivability is better. since we deal chaos elemental status is useless for us... it limits the possibilites.
Hi, i make my second character, and i chose this build, is so good and funny.
thanks to the creator of the post and AkaAka for the advices.

"
AkaAka wrote:

Hi, since your post, you tested CI version??

PS: sorry my english.
"
Chris_hueso wrote:
Hi, i make my second character, and i chose this build, is so good and funny.
thanks to the creator of the post and AkaAka for the advices.

"
AkaAka wrote:

Hi, since your post, you tested CI version??

PS: sorry my english.

hi, im happy you like the build :D i believe its a great choice for reaching late game content without too big of a gear investment :P

i did the test on low life because i received a few pm about it (using a shavronne and dual weilding consuming dark)i did gain alot of survivability but the dps isnt really higher (infernal mantle is just sooo good)

as for CI, you would again need to dual weild consuming dark to convert into chaos or you could play it fire version with dual crit spell dagger or void battery(would need a few modifs) then again unless you have great ES gear you wont really benefit from it.

Feel free to post your experiences
and if you have any question dont hesitate :D

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info