[2.1] Dbum's Blade Vortex SuperTank [Block, MoM, EB, GR, Cybil's] HC Viable **Video Added**

How do you deal with things that keep running away from you efficiently? It's fairly annoying chasing shit around with vortex that keeps walking away. Personally have thought about grabbing vaal cyclone which can be used when you have some 40 stacks of the buff. Cybils Life gains will double dip during the vaal cyclone so should keep you alive easily.

Other option could be empires grasp and having a lvl 1 cwdt lgoh combo in it or just using the knockback flask.
Last edited by Druft on Dec 13, 2015, 6:59:09 PM
"
Druft wrote:
How do you deal with things that keep running away from you efficiently? It's fairly annoying chasing shit around with vortex that keeps walking away. Personally have thought about grabbing vaal cyclone which can be used when you have some 40 stacks of the buff. Cybils Life gains will double dip during the vaal cyclone so should keep you alive easily.

Other option could be empires grasp and having a lvl 1 cwdt lgoh combo in it or just using the knockback flask.

Since I am in HC I whirling Blades around to keep Fortify up so this hasnt bugged me as of yet. Blade Vortex is doing enough damage that thinkg just die.

~Dbum~
IGN @Dbum
How much is your sheet dps on vortex with and without damage auras?

Having 950 with 0.18sec cast time atm myself(not using damage aura) and even in low tier maps it's a bit of a drag sometimes since the damage just ain't fully there.

(not completely same build)
"
Druft wrote:
How much is your sheet dps on vortex with and without damage auras?

Having 950 with 0.18sec cast time atm myself(not using damage aura) and even in low tier maps it's a bit of a drag sometimes since the damage just ain't fully there.

(not completely same build)

mine is 934 tooltip @ .22 cast time in town.

1518dps toold tip @.2 cast time with 3 frenzy charges and hatred aura

also i can stack up to 47 stack now on bosses

~Dbum~
IGN @Dbum
I converted my 94 block incinerator into this build. I'm enjoying it so far, but I have the following observations:

Not having access to a level 20 Blade Vortex hurts my DPS a lot, so I can't say much about it before then. That said, with a level 15 Blade Vortex and level 15 Controlled Destruction (probably the most valuable links to have leveled) the damage is still not terrible. I was able to roll through some T9 maps without huge issues, and I've been farming dried lake for gem levels at a decent pace.

At .15 sec cast time on my blades with a 10.9 sec cooldown (20/20 faster cast spell echo inc duration) I'm still not very happy with my ability to generate/keep blades. I think that more DPS will reduce my desire for more blades, but I have no problem getting and keeping 50 on bosses.

This build is even more unkillable than Incinerate was, with the increased number of hits. I can even tank 20 stacks of Corrupting Blood with just 2-3 enemies getting hit. However, the Thorns blackguards seem to be a much bigger issue for this build than it was for Incinerate and I don't really know why.

This build has some major lag issues with big packs, and I've already had a Vaal Totem-based disconnect. Hopefully GGG fixes this soon, there's been a few complaints about it on reddit already.

Atziri Flask/Taste of Hate give a crazy amount of bonus DPS to this build when it has a lot of blades up, and add a lot of speed killing high-health targets.

I'll check back in when my gems are leveled and let you know what I think. I haven't tried it with Bloodrage yet due to lack of links, but I might try it out to see how I feel about Frenzy charges, but gem levels are the top priority.
Last edited by d3sden0va on Dec 14, 2015, 12:53:09 AM
I like this build because it captures a lot of what I liked about yotmato's build, and because of that I have been thinking about how it might be adapted again to future patches. I have an idea about it, but I do not want to derail the thread, so perhaps some of you could offer feedback and then we could get back to the primary discussion.

In the ascendancy subclass Gladiator https://www.pathofexile.com/ascendancy/classes/Gladiator there is a passive block to spellblock conversion. Assuming this stacks the same way that Rathpith, Lahzwar, and Rainbowstride do, that could potentially give a player 235% of block converted to spellblock. That would let us make characters that are spellblock capped with as little as 32% chance to block.

It is my feeling that a character with EB, MOM, GR, 75% spellblock, 32% block and a many more points in damage would be superior to what we have now. I think Spellblock is much more powerful than normal block, and the loss of a decent chunk of regular block would not be that bad.

Am I wrong about the relative value of block and spellblock? What do you think of that kind of potential gladiator build?

"
Gnevsyrom wrote:
I like this build because it captures a lot of what I liked about yotmato's build, and because of that I have been thinking about how it might be adapted again to future patches. I have an idea about it, but I do not want to derail the thread, so perhaps some of you could offer feedback and then we could get back to the primary discussion.

In the ascendancy subclass Gladiator https://www.pathofexile.com/ascendancy/classes/Gladiator there is a passive block to spellblock conversion. Assuming this stacks the same way that Rathpith, Lahzwar, and Rainbowstride do, that could potentially give a player 235% of block converted to spellblock. That would let us make characters that are spellblock capped with as little as 32% chance to block.

It is my feeling that a character with EB, MOM, GR, 75% spellblock, 32% block and a many more points in damage would be superior to what we have now. I think Spellblock is much more powerful than normal block, and the loss of a decent chunk of regular block would not be that bad.

Am I wrong about the relative value of block and spellblock? What do you think of that kind of potential gladiator build?

I've had a number of discussions about Gladiator with a friend of mine. While I agree that spell block is very powerful don't forget that a lot of our damage comes from block on Cybil's. Does dropping block nodes for damage nodes really give us that much more damage? Also, Rainbowstrides, Lazwhar, and Rathpith are just excellent items, so it's not like we're cutting some build-enabling crap item to give us a big boost, either. I think if anything, the self-affecting offering of the Witch Necromancer is better than Gladiator anyway. It gives a ton of block and spell block (plus more spell block from conversion items).
I'm playing this build, but Blade Vortex is going to get nerfed I imagine.

Look at the traction this thread has:
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1500259
Last edited by DaymDatAss on Dec 14, 2015, 4:09:20 AM
Hello Guys,

i have one Problem with this Build, i have extreme Mana Problems :(

have you any Tips to solved it.
I just tested how hypothermia works as replacement for Controlled destruction and it work quite nicely with this setup:

Yea, this chest is crap but it had good sockets for testing it xD

Since the bulk of our dmg is cold, our blades chill targets - it last very short but with the sheer pace of the hits it doesn't matter. It could be used as 6 link or replacement for controlled destruction if we want to have more crits.

@d3sden0va

A bit of derailing here....

Spoiler

"
d3sden0va wrote:
(...)
I've had a number of discussions about Gladiator with a friend of mine. While I agree that spell block is very powerful don't forget that a lot of our damage comes from block on Cybil's. Does dropping block nodes for damage nodes really give us that much more damage? Also, Rainbowstrides, Lazwhar, and Rathpith are just excellent items, so it's not like we're cutting some build-enabling crap item to give us a big boost, either. I think if anything, the self-affecting offering of the Witch Necromancer is better than Gladiator anyway. It gives a ton of block and spell block (plus more spell block from conversion items).

Yea, subclasses present really huge field for new builds. Personally I think that Gladiator could be OP for many other builds, but with this one we get plenty of block and spell block, and easy access to fortify or Endurance nodes... as I theorycrafted it a bit, Gladiator gives us too little bonus to block to drop most of block nodes and spell block is really great but using these two-three uniques is not really costly and gives us nice bonuses even apart from spell block. But I can see some pure spell casters with wands running on pernament fortify and max spell block. All bow users also would gladly take this pernament fortify.

In case of blade vortex I am not sure myself which would be better here but Yotmato incinerator could came back as Necromancer-bone offering - this combination gives so much block and spell block that normal shield and stone of lazwhar would be enough to almost cap them. This way we can focus our tree entirely on getting dmg and cast speed. Getting what was nerfed from the incinerate dmg with tree and controlled destruction and around 50 additional cast increase is viable. Still spell echo restiction hurt here but it doesn't look so bad.

"
DaymDatAss wrote:
I'm playing this build, but Blade Vortex is going to get nerfed I imagine.

Look at the traction this thread has:
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1500259

Yep, thats very likely. So personally I am just trying to get some fun with it while it last. Something like making it not crit like incinerate and lowering dmg by 20-25% would be reasonable here, but GGG will probably suprise us with something even more severe. xD

"
Aerseus wrote:
Hello Guys,

i have one Problem with this Build, i have extreme Mana Problems :(

have you any Tips to solved it.

You don't use mana here, you reserve it whole. Your ES "protects" mana thanks to EB keystone. Your ES is in turn restored via life leech gem in main skill and GR keystone.
This build really need mechanic explanation like Yotmato one had...

Cheers,
Abe
Last edited by Alex_Lied on Dec 14, 2015, 8:38:39 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info