[2.1] Dbum's Blade Vortex SuperTank [Block, MoM, EB, GR, Cybil's] HC Viable **Video Added**

I would like to see a SC version.
"
ryukenden wrote:

And what do you expect to change in SC version ?? Something which work for HC will work for SC xD
So far im lvl 54 in HC talisman and goin great! Been using and lvling with BV from lvl 12 onward. In cruel act 4 atm and just wreaking stuff.

Here is my gear, I just picked up the Cybil's Claw and let me tell you it is amazing right now.

IGN @Dbum
"
fioreskater22 wrote:
what skill should I use to level?

Use whatever till lvl 12 you get Blade Vortex when you get into Caverns of Anger.

"
Alex_Lied wrote:
Men, you could post it there that you already made topic for that... I would not be posting mine version there.

Anyway, here is what I came up with (mine is a bit more dmg, oriented)

"
Alex_Lied wrote:

After coming from work, I did some tinkering with a fresh mind and come with this tree:
Spoiler

http://exiletools.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAwAAt9bbWS2ovoCxkIMJRnG0DOq6DXxXySj6gscdvjOHA-6-vLM_T1Ye37iTHNyPGuvuhTKa4EWdU1LK076KoS-TJ3_GwcWIQoIe2wvsGI_68NVJUdDQX2pHBtvntMVirGyMnarC7Dqtb4T_HAW1jb9RRzfU7T8wfI19I_ajirGzG614rj3i7g7vevajFSAJM9E24iwtgxm0apNM_0Mx2sEuU9NvdO0FLXrvQKDAv6mVDPesr8GC74j5N9fPSbFcQFS9Fe2Wi9W5vqdlTb02R36E2S_MbAjxig==

So the tree gives us:
97% dmg increase (spell + physical)
76% increased Energy Shield
127% increased Life
29% additional block
6 jewel sockets

For around level 84-85 tree. Before that we should be able to skip some jewel sockets and dmg increases. After that level, get even more jewel sockets (1 with 2 passives, 3 with 3 of them each) and frenzy charges (2, each for 2 passives) to get something like that:

Since we are quite low on life here, I assume that all jewel should have 1% block and life - the third sufix might give you more dmg but so far let's assume more budget version. With cybil's paw and Rathpith Globe around level 84 we should get:

167-179% increased Life
~116% increased Energy Shield
63% block (no corrupted gear included)
~250% dmg increase

Now, the final dmg is a bit tricky here as we don't know how fast the blades are going around, what is the radius etc.

But let's assume some semi-decent situation:

- Single blade dmg is 150

- we use setup suggested in previous post (the one with controlled destruction suggested by Yotmato) with 5 links: BV - Echo - Increased duration - Controlled destruction - Life leech

- around 1/3 of ours blade hit each enemy per second

- We use herald of ash and hatred

With no charges included we get around 17k dmg for single mob in radius, which gives us around 100 life regen per enemy (14 hits). The more, the merrier - just like with incinerate xD

What do you people think ?

For around level 93, so 8 points left in the tree, It should have similar stats to your version:
Spoiler

http://exiletools.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAwAAt9bbWS2ovoCxkIMJRnG0DCj6gscdvjOHA-6-vLM_T1Ye37iTHNyPGuvuhTKa4EWdU1LK076KoS-TJ3_GwcWIQoIe2wvsGI_68NVJUdDQX2pHBtvntMVirGyMnarC7Dqtb4T_HAW1jb9RRzfU7T8wfI19I_ajirGzG614rj3i7g7vevajFSAJM9E24iwtgxm0apNM_0Mx2sEuU9NvdO0FLXrvQKDAv6mVDPesr8GC74j5N9fPSbFcQFS9Fe2Wi9W5vqdlTb02R36E2S_MguSQEXvDLOmGs9hNlKDaYhhWaHT56GwI8Yr66w==

No area increase in my version and 6% less life, but one more jewel for same level, 97% dmg increase and easy access to 3 more frienzies for increasing dmg even more. Initially I was thinknig about going for blood dance for generating them but since we got this nerf maybe just using "frenzy" skill will be sufficient. Blades from blade vortex are smimming around us anyway, no matter what we do so we might do some other stuff in the meantime (just 2-4 blade less in the air when you attack with frenzy)

Also, mine calculations about dmg looks to be wrong. After checking how this skill work, I think we can assume that most of the blades hit target in the span of one sec. That's also mean that we get 50 hits (not 14 like I was assuming previously) for cybil's special effect. On the wiki we already see that level 20 will do 54–81 so 67 is our avarage single blade dmg.

So with that included, one, two thousands more than 17k should be true. If we go for 6 link as added fire and these 3 frenzies (to have six in total) we should get to around 33-34k per target.

I still think it need more improvements but the patch just came out so it quite fresh creation.

Very nice version, and I didnt feel that a Incinerate thread would be a good place for a new skill like vortex. There are a lot of similarities but it is still a different build.
Let me know how well yours is working out.

"
ryukenden wrote:

Like Alex_Lied said, a HC build will work in SC. You could take away %life nodes and add more damage if you wanted but that would be the only way to go for SC if you wanted more dps.
IGN @Dbum
May I know if projectile damage will increase the damage of Vortex gem?
"
hkbutubaman wrote:
May I know if projectile damage will increase the damage of Vortex gem?

I don't think it does. Blade Vortex isn't tagged as a "Projectile".

You can see the tags here - http://pathofexile.gamepedia.com/Blade_Vortex

Spell, AoE, Duration

You can scale it via those 3 stats. It deals physical damage, so it'll also scale with physical damage modifiers.

PS: This looks neat. Going to give it a shot. Played a lot of the Incinerate variation in prior leagues. Curious to see how this one fares.
Works great so far xD With level 69, really below-decent gear and none jewels so far, and just 4 links (my 5th one was poison during testing but it doesn't seems to work here) I have....
Spoiler
480 dmg per blade and get to 30 blades around me so... it's 14k.... that's totally not right, my mistake in calculations...

...480 tooltip, which shows the damage of blades possile to be casted in one second. As I have 0,25 cast, it is dmg of 4 blades. I am able to keep 30 floating around so it should give me around 3,6K... which just kind of make sense - it does, when I look at my increases, gems, auras etc but it doesn't when I look at the pace at which rare and unique mobs life drops.... it should be much more. Anyone knows how we should exactly calculate dmg here ??

No increases to the duration from the tree, no increases to dmg besides gear, no frenzies... and it's level 13 gem. Looks good so far xD

Here is my gear
Spoiler

...and tree I use so far:

I changed tree to get a bit more life in cost of ES.

So far my only concern is aoe of blade vortex - getting it larger makes the number of hits smalles per target but with my current one (no increases) any ranged unique monster gets problematic when it goes a bit farther away. On the other hand, if there are mobs in the range, your life-per-hit mechanis recovers life like crazy. Act 4 in highest difficulty goes very smooth so far so I should test it on malachai today/tomorrow.

Also, using whirling blades two times takes enough time to lower blade number to 20. So whirling for even short time makes it none-existent, while standing in the middle of pack trying to get them again takes really long, enough to call it almost suicide. So when your blades vanish, you also need to vanish from enemies sight to recharge your tornado.

Ps. My char is in standard btw
Last edited by Alex_Lied on Dec 12, 2015, 6:03:27 PM
What Jewels should I use?
Ok, I just edited my previous post as the dmg calculations there were not making much sense. Still... I am not sure how to calculate them or rather, the ones I know should be correct doesn't match the pace of maps clearing. Are we sure that blades are doing just one rotation per second ?

"
Null_Gnade wrote:

The most important suffix here is additional 1% block for shields.
The second one which is important is life.
The third one which is nice to have, but nothing more, is dmg increases. But just nice and might be something which end-game builds will be aiming to have
"
Null_Gnade wrote:

exactly what Alex_Lied said

you want (in order of importance)

1% block (must have)
5-7% life (must have)
then any Physical, aoe, or spell damage
IGN @Dbum

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type