[2.1] Dbum's Blade Vortex SuperTank [Block, MoM, EB, GR, Cybil's] HC Viable **Video Added**

"
Aerseus wrote:
Hello Guys,

i have one Problem with this Build, i have extreme Mana Problems :(

have you any Tips to solved it.

Try to equip Warlord's mark + Blasphemy linked , i think is work well .
Hi,

I'm trying something similar but with lightning tendrils as the main skill. Can't say I'm pleased with the clear speed though... Character's name is Cordeliona.

Let us know how you fare in mid-tier maps.
"
Sinnerrr wrote:
"
Aerseus wrote:
Hello Guys,

i have one Problem with this Build, i have extreme Mana Problems :(

have you any Tips to solved it.

Try to equip Warlord's mark + Blasphemy linked , i think is work well .

Yeah man Thanks, no Mana Problems more :) and this Build is amazing ^^
Going to do some testing in std to see how the damage will be @late game. Lvl 13 vortex & destruction gems and 1.3k tooltip so it shud get alot better when i hit the gems to 20 eventually. No idea if im able to do uber with this spec but we will see how the dps is soon enough.

hey dbum how tanky are you with your current set up?
Hey OP,

Yotmato's block incinerate build was the only build I played for the last few leagues so I like what you're going with here. Blade Vortex is incredibly insane with Cybil's Paw as the repeated hits keep counting as +8 more life with Cybils and it's really fun to play right now.

I made a few edits to your 115 point tree to make a swing of 30 dex and change a pathing you took down south for no point loss.

The -40 str and -10 int swing is to gain 30 dex and a +40% more defenses from shield node in the process. I wanted to explain why I felt this was more important:

- Your 115 pt build gives you 120 base dex while a Level 20 Blade Vortex gem takes 155 base dex. The +30 dex puts us at 150 base dex which means we only need one minor dex stat on any piece of gear instead of one good/high or two low dex stats on gear. This makes it easier for gearing.
- From yotmato's build there is a dependency on a very good shield for your ES no matter whether you're using a Rathpith Globe or not. Your shield, along with your chestpiece, will give you the majority of ES that you need to run the build with the life leech, Ghost Reaver, etc etc. A 40% more defenses from shield can be the difference between 35% evade chance and 38% evade chance, 1700 ES and 2000 ES from a single good hybrid EVA/ES shield.

Also, I really like the Sanctuary nodes, so I made this edit where we lose 2 jewel slots and one of the life/es node slots. This also unfortunately sets us back 10 dex, back down to 140 so will still need to look for at least 15 dex on gear which is not too bad imo compared to looking for 35 dex on gear. Not sure if it's worth losing two jewel slots though, but it lets us squeeze out more attack block % if we really want to:

Last edited by nakieon on Dec 14, 2015, 11:56:33 PM
"
nakieon wrote:
Hey OP,

Yotmato's block incinerate build was the only build I played for the last few leagues so I like what you're going with here. Blade Vortex is incredibly insane with Cybil's Paw as the repeated hits keep counting as +8 more life with Cybils and it's really fun to play right now.

I made a few edits to your 115 point tree to make a swing of 30 dex and change a pathing you took down south for no point loss.

The -40 str and -10 int swing is to gain 30 dex and a +40% more defenses from shield node in the process. I wanted to explain why I felt this was more important:

- Your 115 pt build gives you 120 base dex while a Level 20 Blade Vortex gem takes 155 base dex. The +30 dex puts us at 150 base dex which means we only need one minor dex stat on any piece of gear instead of one good/high or two low dex stats on gear. This makes it easier for gearing.
- From yotmato's build there is a dependency on a very good shield for your ES no matter whether you're using a Rathpith Globe or not. Your shield, along with your chestpiece, will give you the majority of ES that you need to run the build with the life leech, Ghost Reaver, etc etc. A 40% more defenses from shield can be the difference between 35% evade chance and 38% evade chance, 1700 ES and 2000 ES from a single good hybrid EVA/ES shield.

Also, I really like the Sanctuary nodes, so I made this edit where we lose 2 jewel slots and one of the life/es node slots. This also unfortunately sets us back 10 dex, back down to 140 so will still need to look for at least 15 dex on gear which is not too bad imo compared to looking for 35 dex on gear. Not sure if it's worth losing two jewel slots though, but it lets us squeeze out more attack block % if we really want to:

what about gem set up? what are u using?
"
Vilpertti wrote:
Going to do some testing in std to see how the damage will be @late game. Lvl 13 vortex & destruction gems and 1.3k tooltip so it shud get alot better when i hit the gems to 20 eventually. No idea if im able to do uber with this spec but we will see how the dps is soon enough.

Let me know how it goes, I really think this build when you get the gear can do Uber.

"
fioreskater22 wrote:
hey dbum how tanky are you with your current set up?

I am VERY tanky considering I do not have MoM. Now I did aquire some new things and it is even better. Still no MoM but got a 5l and now using Hatred, AA, Herald of Ashe

Lvl 77 Tree

"
nakieon wrote:
Hey OP,

I do like what you did here and I agree on the Rathpith thing although it does give us major spell dmg and spell block.

I would honestly hate losing any jewel socket even if we get a couple more block chance because we get life% and possible damage on them as well. I really think having 8 jewel sockets is just op.
IGN @Dbum
"
dbum wrote:

"
nakieon wrote:
Hey OP,

I do like what you did here and I agree on the Rathpith thing although it does give us major spell dmg and spell block.

I would honestly hate losing any jewel socket even if we get a couple more block chance because we get life% and possible damage on them as well. I really think having 8 jewel sockets is just op.

Glad to hear, and yeah I agree on jewel sockets - probably not worth losing them at this time. Also, I forgot to mention a tip in your leveling guide - I see that you don't take "Heart of the Warrior" near Marauder area until your 115 point build which IMO is a bad decision as I believe this is THE most efficient hp node in the game, and it's way better to respec 2 points out of the scion life wheel just to take it.

"
fioreskater22 wrote:
"
nakieon wrote:
Hey OP,

what about gem set up? what are u using?

Please know that I'm not the OP and I do not intend on hijacking his thread, but I'm using more traditional gems that fit yotmato's previous Block incinerate build, as I know they will fit better here. Here is my current planned gem setup:

Helm (hybrid armor+es): Cwdt lvl 1 + Ball Lightning lvl 4 + GMP + Arctic Breath lvl 4 (may slot Chaos golem here, or bladefall)
Weapon (Cybil's paw): HOA + AA + Hatred
Shield (Rathpith Globe or EV+ES shield): Enduring Cry, Cwdt lvl 3 + Enfeeble lvl 7
Gloves (hybrid armor+eva for red/green slots): Whirling blades + Faster Attacks + Fortify + Blood Magic
Boots (not getting rainbowstrides, but will be getting either hybrid armor+es or hybrid eva+es boots): Cwdt lvl 7 + Immortal Call lvl 9, Tempest Shield + Blind
Chestpiece (EV+ES): Same stuff as the OP: Blade vortex + spell echo + life leech (using added fire dmg until we switch to ghost reaver) + controlled destruction + inc dur + faster cast

Reasons why I do the things I do:

- Tempest shield + blind is AMAZING on a block build such as ours, so I always make room for it
- Blood magic on Whirling blades is absolutely essential. With how the build works and how we spend ES on everything, if we are in trouble we never have to worry about running out of mana for whirling blades, and can just whirling blades around to regain ES and stay out of trouble.
- Cwdt + ball light + gmp is really fucking good with Cybil's Paw. The 4th slot doesnt matter as much though atm since there's nothing like ball lightning for a slow moving projectile that hits everything for +8 life gain on hit from cybils but Arctic Breath helped with the Block incinerate cuz of the chilled ground.
- I never bother getting Rainbowstrides because Rathpith + Stone of Lazhwar is enough block to get really high spell block. The only time I'd bother getting Rainbowstrides is if I'm doing Atziri before I got Rathpith.\
- Overall, getting hybrid EV+ES and armor+ES pieces are good because from your chestpiece and shield you should get enough ES to be effective with life leech and MoM, but having that bit of armor and evasion really helps stack layers of defense and mitigation. Currently my block incinerate has 20% evade chance, but before I got my Rathpith I had this amazing 900 EV / 300 ES shield that gave me like 40% evade chance because we had so many "% more defenses from shield" nodes at the time and 40% evade on top of high attack block is incredible.
- One last note: NEVER SETTLE FOR ANYTHING LESS THAN +8 LIFE GAIN ON HIT FROM SPELLS ON CYBILS!!! Every single point is a huge difference in our life regen from using our spells!

Here is my block incinerate build gear for reference (yeah, standard... I ripped to a detonate corpses strongbox -.-) - it's what I'm basing this build off of in terms of armor piece types and gem slots etc:

Last edited by nakieon on Dec 15, 2015, 7:11:09 AM
"
Vilpertti wrote:

With your passive skill tree

Can you leech enough es after the nerf of incinerate?

Incinerate and Blade Vortex, could you guess which is better for this build?

As I would like to have a block build to clear higher map, thank you!

Last edited by hkbutubaman on Dec 15, 2015, 9:19:12 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info